• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: Pokemon Academy Year II: Second Year Rhapsody

@Tophat Dragoneye; @Chaosj2; @AetherX; @Thabet; @Gym Leader Byron; @Instrutilus; @System Error; @Tsutarja; @Cosmos; @BlueNostalgia;

And *rings bells* here it is, chapter 24 a chapter that I've been waiting to write for a long time, the chapter came out a little longer than I planned though xD but it should be okay.

This chapter is a big piece as there's a lot of plot advancement both shown and in the shadows.

This chapter also marks the end of Part I we will starting Part II with chapter 25 which will be a sort of transition chapter between 24 and 25.

Also I would like to announce that starting with chapter 27 there'll be a special chapter posted from 27 to 32 detailing a special arc called UniCross which will have Reggie and his friends meet AD in AD's universe and bring the whole rift between universes from the last chapter to a close...probably.

Chapter 24: Celadon City Scramble Part 3: A Victory and a Confession

Johann made his way through the buildings of the docks, hiding around in each wall as he saw Azure carry Chigon through the labyrinth that the warehouses formed. “Damn it, this guy’s really secretive.” Johann muttered inaudibly; a Pokéball in hand.

He didn’t know why Azure had taken Chigon but he did know that he could gain a lot from it. He couldn’t let Azure keep Chigon, not after he saw how happy the little dragon made Reggie.

He had always worried since they were younger. He was always worried for Reggie’s well-being, even if he ended up getting into trouble all the time he would always make sure that Reggie wasn’t hurt; they were like brothers, after all. “I can’t let him keep Chigon, even if I die.” Johann glared at Azure from behind as he squeezed a Pokéball. “I’ll show you why you shouldn’t mess with my brother.”

Finally Azure and Chigon stopped. They were now standing in front of the centermost warehouse and he seemed to be whispering from up close. “Okay then. It’s go time.” Johan muttered.

He slowly made his way towards the warehouse, being careful not to make any noise. As he walked he also tried to come up with his plan, he was going inside blindly and without support after all. “I’m one of the best of Pendulum Academy. This is no problem.” He stated confidently, all traces of doubt vanishing from his face.

Something grabbed his attention away from his battle plan though, a small noise of metal scratching against metal. Johann covered his ears desperately as he heard the sound of the two metals colliding. It was as if a pair of claws were being slashed against a board, a noise that wasn’t good for Johan while he tried to concentrate.

“Ry...” he heard a hissed from behind him. He turned around slowly and moved his hands down, only to come into view with a Skarmory only a few feet away from him. The Skarmory was different from the usual though, it had a scar over its right eye and multiple parts of its armor seemed to have been chipped off somehow. “Skar!” the vulture Pokemon screeched before flying straight at Johan; its wings held outwards.

“Not good.” Johann shook his head in disapproval before he began running from the steel bird. He saw the warehouse go pass him as he ran; his mind only focusing on getting away from the bird. “If only I could get an opening I would be able to release Chimney.” He gritted his teeth in frustration.

He panted slowly before grabbing a hold of the edge of one of the warehouses. “Come and get me, you ugly freak!” he called out before he curved; leaving the Skarmory out of sight.

The Skarmory screeched once again and proceeded to turn after Johann. Unfortunately for the steel type, as soon as it made the turn it was greeted by multiple blasts of flames; sending the vulture Pokemon into a screeching madness as it tried to shake the fire off. “Good work, Chimney.” Johann smirked while looking down at his Typhlosion who was standing on its hind legs and snarling at the Skarmory. “Now we can give them hell.”

“You really thought a Pokemon like this could take me down.” Johann looked down at the floor, turning his snicker away from the bird. “You’re dealing with one of the Big 4 of Pendulum so don’t take me lightly because you’re just a can opener.”

“You idiot!” everyone stood agape as they saw Azure’s body hit the floor with a loud thud, blood running down his mouth while he tried to raise himself once more.

“You heard all that noise outside.” Azure turned his head around to look at the face of the man that had taken him down. The man stood above him smashed a foot into Azure’s side.. “That means someone follows you. Now, I don’t give five damns about what stupid Pokemon you brought back but if you risk this operation you’re gonna get a cap blown so up your ass is gonna come out of your brain!” the man screamed, a sadistic smile crossing his face. “You know, I might just do that.”

“No, please, I’m sorry!” Azure exclaimed desperately as he held his hand up, feebly trying to ward off blows. “I didn’t know...I mean, I was expecting someone else but I didn’t...please forgive me.”

This reaction ensued a thunderous laughter to come from the other thugs that were scattered around the room; none of them were afraid to show their utter lack of pity and fun behind Azure’s suffering. The young boy gritted his teeth in frustration, he had expected for Reggie to be the one that followed him but it ended up being someone else all together. His eyes turned to look at Chigon; who seemed to be even more scared after seeing the way that Azure had been treated. “I brought you that thing, it’s a rare one I bet you can get a lot of mo...”

Before he could finish his sentence he was treated to another kick, this was slamming straight onto his face and sending him falling back down. Azure screamed painfully and proceeded to cover his bleeding nose as he tried to get the pain to go. “Fuck that.” The man stated with a bored tone. “I don’t care if it’s a fucking legendary you still screwed it all up. And it doesn’t even look strong to begin with so you’re lucky I’m not cutting your balls off you little brat.”

“Please Martin, I swear I didn’t mean...” Azure stopped when he heard the sound of laughter coming from the other thugs; a sound that just caused Martin to become even more enrage.

“What are you bastards laughing at!” the man screamed, brining the laughter to a quick halt. “If you guys think that name’s funny why don’t you come here and tell me.” He moved his hand over the thorn up black jacket he was wearing and proceeded to pull out a black cobalt gun, a sight that caused the thugs to each step back. “And if that ain’t enough then I can just have my Pokemon eat your intestines while I shoot your brains, how’s that sound huh!? Do you think the name my mama gave me is funny now!?”

The room fell silent. No one was even willing to move an eyelid as they saw Martin’s chest heave uncontrollably with rage. “Yeah, that’s what I thought.” He snickered. “You guys better remember your place. You’re all grunts and you serve me so fucking do that and shut up!”

“Now, why don’t we welcome that intruder.” Martin hissed. “Skarmory, bring him in!”

“I’m sorry.” Martin gasped as he saw the door of the storage open up, letting the light from the sun shine into the room. The light from the sun silhouetted him, revealing only a dark shadow. “But that Skarmory won’t be getting here anytime soon, don’t mind if I make myself welcome, though.” Johan smirked before taking a step inside along with his Typhlosion.

“I came for that Pokemon you’ve got there!” he announced while pointing at Chigon. “And I’m not leaving til I get it back.”

Reggie clenched the cushion of the backseat in frustration. He was impatient, that was for sure, even if he had made peace with his fear of battling he was still nervous of failing, of not being able to help Chigon out.

“It’s gonna be okay.” He heard Thomas mutter and turned to look at him and Kevin. The man sighed before looking out the window of the police car. “Just believe that you can do it, I know it sounds stupid coming from me but...” he stared at the outside world in thought; as if he was remembering something from long ago. “I’ve seen someone do that once before, achieve the impossible through his will alone…well, I’m talking about someone like Black but I guess it can be achieved by another.” Reggie stared at the detective for a moment.

“What’s your relationship with Fin?” Reggie asked, remembering how Fin had shown a dislike for both Thomas and Keith.

“It’s...” he stayed quiet for a second before he spoke once more. “Three, almost four, years ago, when Fin ran away from home, Lance had called in for the police to find him.” Thomas stated, his eyes shifting to look at Reggie. “Fin, who had caused trouble in multiple towns of Kanto days after running away, had saved my boss Looker during one of his missions, I was a normal Pokédex Holder but I was still completing my training to become a PIP Agent back then, a proper one at least.”

“That was when we first saw Memento Mori. Looker and I were chasing after Fin and at the end of the day the three of us ended up encountering a group of Memento Mori members.” Reggie’s eyes became wide when he heard the name Memento Mori. Fin had never told him about Memento Mori before or even if he had met them at any point in his life.

“It was a hard battle, one that was marked in history actually...do you remember the day of the Black Cloud?” Thomas asked, his face staring at Reggie’s shocked expression as he waited for the young trainer to respond.

“Of course I remember!” Reggie exclaimed. Thomas glanced at him—instantly, Reggie’s face revealed something different—absolute terror. Almost as if…

“I guess we all have our stories.” Thomas muttered before he brushed the matter aside. “During that fight...my teacher passed, he was caught in crossfire while trying to protect Fin and with that he lost his life.” His voice became more somber. “After that Fin and I entered a discussion because...we both just wanted to blame the other for Looker’s death.”

Reggie didn’t respond, instead opting to look down at the floor. “I didn’t know that Fin had gone through something like that.” He muttered. It was odd but for once he was realizing something that should’ve dawned on him before, he didn’t know about his friends’ pasts.

He only knew the basic knowledge of their pasts but he had never even bothered to know what hardships and obstacles they must’ve faced especially people like Fin, Jack, Darren and Marie. “I really have been selfish lately.” He muttered to himself. “But I’m gonna change all of that now.”

“And how do you expect to do that?” Keith finally interrupted, surprising even Thomas, who had already forgotten that he was there to begin with. “What are you gonna do if you’re faced with death?”

Reggie didn’t answer. He still wasn’t sure about all of it, but he knew that he would have to do something when the time came. “There’s nothing I can do, the only thing I can do is my best to try and win. Nothing more and nothing less.”

Johann panted slowly his eyes staring at the Memento Mori Agent standing only a few meters away from him. His Typhlosion Chimney was right next to him; panting similarly to its trainer. “Okay...so you’re not a pushover, I know that now.” He smiled before looking at the bodies of the unconscious grunts that were scattered all over the floor. “Unlike those guys.”

“You’re a cheeky little bastard,” Martin hissed, his eyes smiling at the sight of his Tyranitar looking down upon Johann and Typhlosion. “I’ll get you to pay for what you did to my Skarmory.” He raised the cobalt gun and lowered it so that it would be facing Johann. “Bullet by bullet.”

“Can’t you take a joke?” Johann joked; though he figured he wasn’t in the right situation for him to do it. “I’m not going to let you kill me with that. That’s not how men roll.” He looked down at his Typhlosion with care. He knew that the fire type was already tired after the battle that it had been going through.

He then turned to face at Chigon, who had now been muzzled and was being held by Azure once more; though the teenager seemed to have had his resolve almost completely broken already. “I can’t fail him, anyone but him.” Johann muttered inaudibly. “At least I should hold him back till he gets here.”

“Tyranitar, use Rock Slide!” the Armor Pokémon roared, the sound of its voice trembling through the warehouse’s steel walls. The Pokemon slammed its feet down on the ground before dragging its tail along and firing a powerful barrage of rocks straight at the Typhlosion.

“Let’s go!” Johann screamed before he began to slide and move through the tones along with Typhlosion. He had to keep himself on his feet, but he was already becoming too tired to keep up with the sudden movements. “Typhlosion, jump through the rocks and use Overheat from up close!”

Typhlosion sprinted off from its stand and began jumping through the rocks that headed towards it. As it did this the flames on its back began to flare up before the increased in heat. “Phlo!” the Pokemon roared loudly before it jumped onto the rock that was closes to Tyranitar.

“You fell for it.” Martin smirked. Before Typhlosion could land its attack it was slammed by a powerful Iron Tail coming from the Tyranitar, who had already been preparing the attack while Typhlosion dodged.

The fire type whined in pain before being thrown aside like an old rag, blood coming out from the Pokemon’s mouth due to the force of the impact on its organs. “Chimney!” Johan screamed in shock.

His attention was taken away by another noise though as he turned around and came face to face with Martin; who was now holding his gun close to Johann. “Any last words, bastard?” Martin snickered sadistically. “How do you want to die, guts blown against the wall or do you want a hole through your heart, or maybe your balls will suit you.” He hissed.

Then the it was opened once more. The door of the storage room slid upwards once more, this time allowing the dimming light of the sun to enter.

Multiple bright lights began to shine into the room along with the sound of police and ambulance cars all lined up in front of the storage room. “What the?” Martin gritted his teeth before turning to glare at Johann. “Did you call the police.”

“I actually hadn’t thought of that.” Johann muttered inaudibly; mostly cause he didn’t want to sound stupid in front of his opponent. “Probably should’ve done that first.”

“Raise your hands in the air, you are surrounded!” Johann, Martin and Azure looked at the entrance of the storage were a group of policemen were now standing. Johann smiled as he saw the face of his cousin in front of the group.

“I guess this is it, huh?” Reggie muttered to Thomas, who nodded his head in agreement.

“Rei!” Johann smiled confidently before he ran to his cousin, completely forgetting about Martin. “I knew you’d get here. Though I didn’t expect for you to bring a battalion,” he said before looking at the policemen.

“It was nothing.” Reggie shook his head shyly, he was actually embarrassed about the fact that Johann had praised him; something that he wasn’t used to happening. “I was just in the right place at the right time,” he said and nodded his head.

Reggie looked into the warehouse and gasped when he saw a bloodied Azure holding on to a muffled Chigon; who was now whimpering after seeing its former master. “Chigon.” Reggie gasped before he walked into the warehouse.

“Not another step, you bitch!” Martin screamed and held his gun towards Reggie, causing the teenager to stop in his tracks. “Azure, give me that bug and take care of these guys or else I’ll kill you too!” he hissed, causing the younger thug to nod his head desperately before he stood in front of his boss and handed him Chigon.

“Azure...you joined Memento Mori.” Reggie stared at the face of his former bully. He could no longer recognize the person standing next to him, he was always smirking and flaunting to others and now...now he was shaking like a scared kitten and his nose and face was covered in blood.

He knew that he was supposed to feel distaste after all the things that Azure had done; and part of him did feel happy and relieved that he had gotten his just desserts. But at the same time he also felt sad, he felt sad for the Azure that seemed to be inaudibly begging for his life, he saw himself in him and as he did he couldn’t help but sympathize. “I don’t wanna do this, Azure.” Reggie stated unemotionally; not knowing how to react.

“Shut up!” Azure screamed/whimpered before releasing his Croconaw and Grimer, the two of them glaring at Reggie in turn. “I’m not afraid of you, you’re the one that I joined Memento Mori for!”

“Then so be it.” Reggie frowned with disdain,no longer caring about what Azure did if it ended up endangering his mission. “Let’s go. Donphan, Monferno!”

When he saw his Monferno materialize in front of it Reggie turned away. He didn’t know how Monferno would react now that he was out again; hell, he didn’t know what he could say to it. “Listen...” Reggie began speaking, obtaining the fire monkey’s attention. “I...I understand why you got mad at me before, I was weak and irrational and selfish.”

Monferno nodded his head sagely. “But I’m trying to change that!” Reggie exclaimed. “So...if you’re willing to help me out I promise that I won’t fail again.” Reggie stared down the fire starter, their eyes never parting from each other as they both waited for the other to give up.

After what seemed like ages Monferno nodded his head in understanding, a short smile passing along its face. “All right.” Reggie smiled and shifted to Chigon once more. “Chigon! You’ve saved me a thousand times before, now it’s time for me to save you!” he screamed and took one more step forward. “I will help you out, just like you help me out even if its kills me. So wait for me, okay buddy!”

“And how are you gonna do that?” Azure snickered. “In case you haven’t noticed my Croconaw has the advantage over both your Pokemon.” Croconaw and Grimer launched themselves towards Reggie’s Pokemon. Croconaw let out a roar before firing a powerful stream of water while Grimmer whipped its arms forward and sent a barrage of sludge balls at them.

“Donphan, use Defense Curl!” Reggie commanded. Donphan stood in front of its comrades before curling itself into a ball; when this happened the two attacks collided against the Pokemon’s body; it didn’t move, but its body was battered in multiple places. “Now Monferno use Mach Punch!”

Monferno jumped over Donphan’s curled body and flew straight into the air, its fists held back and began glowing before it started going downwards onto Croconaw and Gimer.

“Grimer block that attack!” Grimer stood in front of Monferno’s strike and began to raise its body up, allowing it to take in the force of the punches. Unfortunately for Monferno this meant that its attack had lost all meaning as it was completely blocked by the slime. “Now what.”

“Now Fissure!” Reggie ordered. Donphan finally uncurled itself from its ball shape and slammed its feet down onto the ground, sending a powerful wave of energy through the ground and throwing Grimer and Croconaw aside and causing them to squirm. “Roll out!” Donphan chimed loudly before it once more took its ball shape and started to spin through the now broken up floor.

“What are you planning you little sneak.” Azure gritted his teeth. His answer came quickly as he saw Donphan roll over a raised piece of rubble and fly up in the air and over himself and his Pokemon. “Wait, it’s going for Martin!”

Donphan continued to roll forward and towards Martin, who was now its one and only goal. Unfortunately, before he was able to land onto its target Donphan was blocked by Tyranitar’s chest; who was now standing in front of it and blocking the Pokemon away as well as throwing him back.

“Do you really think I didn’t see through something so simple!” Martin laughed maniacally. “You guys underestimate me way too much.”

“Chimney, do it now!” Reggie and Martin both turned their gazes to Johan who was now standing behind Reggie and had put his left arm around him. At that moment the beat down Chimney shot up from the ground and began running straight towards Tyranitar; its body surrounding itself in flames before it slammed itself against the dinosaur; this time actually managing to move it back.

“Johann...” Reggie muttered.

“Hey, we’re family, man, it wouldn’t be right if I didn’t help you out right?” Johan winked. “Now let’s do this together, just like old times.”

“I’m still here you know.” Azure whined.

“Oh, I haven’t forgotten about you.” Reggie grinned confidently. “Monferno, do it now!”

Because they had been caught in the flow of events no one had been able to notice a key detail. Monferno had dug its way onto the ground and had been awaiting orders from down below. It was finally complete now though and as soon as he had gotten the command Monferno came flying out from the ground and slammed its fist against Croconaw’s chin; sending the critter flying and crashing with the steel roof.

“I told you that I didn’t want to do this.” Reggie’s tone became colder and disdainful; no longer worrying about anything else but the battle and the goal that was in sight. “Now get out of my way!” he screamed.

“Azure you shithead!” Martin screamed out loud. Azure felt fear coursing through his spine and body as he heard his boss’s booming voice. Croconaw had fallen unconscious and now with how scared he was it was only a matter of time before Grimer fell too.

“I’m sorry boss!” Azure pleaded. “I still have Grimer, I know I can still do it.” He sobbed softly, tears of fear now flowing down his eyes as he looked at Reggie.

Then it happened. The sound that caused the situation to change completely. Azure gasped for air desperately, blood still running down his nose and mouth as he put his hand against his chest and clenched it tightly. He gasped once more at the feeling of the warm liquid flowing and staining his shirt. “I’m…I..sorry…” he gasped for air before falling to his knees while holding onto the gunshot wound, the sound of the bullet going off from Martin’s gun still resounding in his ears.

“Azure!” Reggie screamed before he ran to his former bully’s side and knelt down in front of him his eyes falling as he saw the boy’s chest bleeding out. “You’re gonna be okay.” He turned to the policemen. “Get him into the ambulance quickly!” he pleaded, his eyes wide open once more and his teeth gritting.

“Please save her!”

“Please don’t let her die!”

“Re...gi..”

Reggie shook the thoughts away from his head. It would only cause him to lose his resolve if he went back to those memories that he had stashed away. *I can’t deal with those yet, I gotta wait a little while.* he thought to himself as he saw the medics run to Azure’s side.

Azure stared at Reggie’s eyes attentively. Understanding, fear and sympathy showed all over the young thug’s face, as if he had seen something that he had missed all those years. “...th...thanks...” he muttered. “So..so...so..”

“I understand.” Reggie muttered with sympathy and held onto a Azure’s hand until he was taken by the medics and carried towards the ambulance. Never in his life would he have thought that he would be feeling bad for Azure, that the two of them would actually share a moment of closure with each other. “This one’s for you, Azure.” Reggie muttered before he turned back to glare at Martin.

“Reggie!” Thomas exclaimed, managing to obtain Reggie’s attention this time. “Listen, we have stayed out of it because you requested me to let you deal with this matter, but now that this has happened we can no longer stay silent.”

“Please.” Reggie replied in a low voice. It was as if he had suddenly gained more confidence after seeing what had happened to Azure, the way Martin had treated him had angered him so much that he couldn’t pull himself away from the fight. He had never done something like this, not once had he felt so compelled to fight.

“Yeah copper, just give us a minute.” Johann requested. “If it’s the two of us we’ll only need two minutes, tops.” Finally the two cousins turned to look at Martin and his Tyranitar once more, with both Donphan and Tyranitar in their battle positions. “Let’s go, Rei!”

“Donphan, use Double Edge!” Donphan was the first one to step into the battlefield and started running towards the large Pokemon. It began increasing the speed of its run with each step before leaving an after image behind it and becoming fast and powerful enough to collide against the large creature.

The Tyranitar was ready for this though and when Donphan finally hit it its arms shot out and grabbed a hold of the Pokemon. “Payback!” Tyranitar roared once more and slammed Donphan against the ground, creating a small crater and causing the Pokemon to whine in pain.

“Flame Charge!” Typhlosion slammed itself against Tyranitar’s neck, orange flames still coursing through its body as it tried to desperately push it back. “Come on, we gotta keep going at it!” Johann screamed.

“Fuck this shit!” Martin hissed, his teeth gritting so much that it looked like they were going to break. He raised his right arm up and pointed the gun at Reggie while glaring. “I’m a Grim Agent of Memento Mori, I don’t need no fair fighting, all I need is one fucking bullet!”

“Go Monferno!” Martin gasped in disbelief as he saw the ground below him start to crack. Then with one powerful crash Monferno erupted from the ground and proceeded to slam his fist against Martin’s chin just like it had down with Croconaw; though he had used less force this time.

“No fucking way!” was all Martin managed to scream before the attack struck.

Martin was predictably sent flying upwards and crashed down against the floor with a low thud, his body no longer able to move due to the powerful punch that had shaken his body.

Reggie didn’t pay attention to any of this, because as soon as he saw Martin drop Chigon he ran to the small dragon and began to try and untie the muzzle. Reggie looked down at Chigon desperately; tears already forming in his eyes as he looked down at the dragon. “Chigon?” Reggie said weakly as he finished taking the muzzle off.

“Chi?” Chigon looked up at Reggie, its eyes showing a hint of fear and hesitation. It was obvious that he was afraid, afraid that Reggie would get mad at him and yell at him again. Reggie sobbed quietly to himself before he grabbed a hold of Chigon and put him close to him.

He tried his hardest to hold his tears back, to not scare Chigon, but it was futile. He was ashamed of himself; ashamed that he had let himself hurt his best friend only because he was desperate. “I’m so sorry, Chigon.” Reggie sniffed. “I...I shouldn’t have done that, not after everything you’ve done for me.” He shook his head and stared at the dragon’s blue eyes. “You’ve always stood by me, through thick and thin and yet all I’ve done for you is throw you away, I would understand it if you never come back.” He sobbed.

“Chi!” Chigon replied cheerfully, his eyes changing back to his usual cheerful and happy demeanor as he looked at his master.

“You...you really forgive me?” Reggie sniffed. Chigon just nodded his head before jumping onto its master’s shoulder. It was as if a weight had been lifted, even after he had treated him so badly Chigon was still willing to forgive him.

That’s when he thought back to Azure, and remembered the situation of only a few moments before. Even though he had been bullied by him he had felt sympathy when he saw him on the floor; it wasn’t pity or justice like he had thought back on those days when he was bullied, no, he felt sorry for him instead. “I gotta visit him at the hospital later.” Reggie muttered to himself.

“So. Is it over?” Johan asked as he walked over to his cousin, a smile plastered on his face when he saw Reggie and Chigon stand back together.

Reggie became lost in thought. There was still one more thing he had to take care of, and considering that night had already fallen over the city he didn’t have long. He turned to Johann and shook his head slowly. “No, there’s still something else I have to do.” He stated. He had to tell Miko how he felt, end the whole ordeal and find out the answer to his long awaited question once and for all.

“Oooooh.” Johan whistled, a grin crossing his face. “Can I tag along?”

“I would be happy if you did.” Reggie smiled back. He turned around and jogged to Thomas’s side once more, managing to get the agent’s attention away from some of the other policemen that he was talking to. “Were you able to arrest him properly?” Reggie asked.

“Yeah, we will take Martin up for questioning and see if we can get any clues regarding Memento Mori.” Thomas answered. He looked at Reggie curiously, knowing that the boy must’ve wanted something if he was talking with so much familiarity. “Is there something else you want? You did help us catch Martin even though that wasn’t part of our original deal so I guess I should comply.”

“Actually. I was wondering if you could have one of your men drive me downtown as an escort.” Reggie wondered, noticing that Thomas seemed to be confused about what he was saying. “The christmas tree lightning is in twenty minutes, I’m gonna need a way to get to the center of Celadon or at least as close as possible.”

Reggie stared at Thomas with pleading eyes. While he could use Pidgeot to fly to downtown he still wasn’t comfortable with flying around a big city, especially if he had to avoid the large buildings and start searching in between crowds for Miko.

“Okay, I understand.” Thomas nodded his head solemnly before turning towards one of the cars and walking to the window. “I’m gonna need you to take these kids to downtown, use whatever means necessary, if anyone asks you were sent on a mission from Thomas Gray, understood?” the policeman nodded his head, though he seemed to be a bit taken aback by the request.

“All right, you two. Get in.” He said to Johann and Reggie.

Reggie smiled in return and jumped onto the car before being closely followed by Johann. “Hey Rei, listen. If you’re really going to tell her that you like her then you should think about what you’re going to say,” Johann said before grinning at his cousin.

“How did you...”

“I can just tell how you were looking at her back at the Contest Hall.” Johann laughed. “Listen. No matter what happens I will always support you, whether it’s to congratulate you or comfort you I will be with you ever step of the way.” He smiled warmly at Reggie before putting his hand on his shoulder. Reggie nodded his head in agreement, knowing that as long as he had Johann next to him he could accomplish anything. “We’re not just cousins, we’re brothers through and through.”

“I know...thanks for that, Johann.” Reggie nodded his head in agreement before looking at Chigon, who still seemed to be confused as to why Reggie and Johann seemed similar to him.

“Okay then, let’s go get you a girlfriend!” Johann announced.

“Okay this sucks.” Johann muttered in annoyance. He and Reggie had left the docks and had quickly made their way through the city in the police cars. Unfortunately, while they had managed to pass through most of the way already they had now been stopped by a long traffic light.

“The Christmas lightning is one of the biggest events in Celadon, people gather all around it just to see it turn on.” Reggie noted, his eyes and expression falling a little. If they weren’t able to reach Miko in time for the lightning he knew that he wouldn’t have a chance.

Then a thought dawned on him. What if she was with Kevin Samuels? Will she actually listen to his confession while having the guy that was currently her boyfriend right in front of her. “Maybe we shouldn’t do this...” Reggie looked at the floor insecurely.

“Forget that!” Johann exclaimed before suddenly throwing the door of the car open; even causing Reggie and the policeman to jump in shock. “You have Pidgeot, let’s go on him and get to downtown, it shouldn’t take too long from this point onwards.

Reggie walked out of the car and began shuffling Pidgeot’s pokeball on his hand. Even if he was still nervous he knew that he had no other choice if he wanted to accomplish his goal. “Let’s go Pidgeot!” Reggie screamed before releasing his Pidgeot into the air. The Pokemon flapped its wings and chimed loudly before looking down at the two cousins. “We’re gonna need your help for something, buddy.”

“Let’s go.” Johann called out before jumping onto Pidgeot’s back. Reggie nodded his head and in turn sat in front of Johann, his hand clenching on to Pidgeot’s feathers for dear life. “Whenever you’re ready.” Johann smiled.

“Yeah.” Reggie nodded his head, his body shaking a little as he tried to fix his resolve once more. Finally he was able to get the word to form in his head and with one swift movement he spoke. “Full speed Pidgeot, take us to the tree!”

“Chi!” Chigon cheered.

“Geot Pid Get!” Pidgeot chimed louder this time before its jetted off into the sky and began flying at a great speed, wind slapping and crashing against Johann’s and Reggie’s face as the flying type flew through the buildings and streets.

He could feel the thrill of the flight rise in him, a confidence that he rarely felt when he flew. He looked back at Johann; who seemed to actually be nervous about being so high up. “So you’re afraid of heights too, huh?” Reggie snickered.

“Shut up!” Johann yelled in embarrassment. “So how are you gonna find her!?” Johann exclaimed, noticing the large tree that was coming in sight.

It was indeed a sight for sore eyes. The tree was tall enough to be only a few feet lower and a building, it was covered in Christmas decorations of all kinds, from canes, to Santa Clauses, to gigantic globes of light.

But the thing that the large crowd was focusing on the most was the star that shined at the top of the tree, bringing joy and happiness to the people as it shone down upon them. Reggie stared at the tree in awe; at least before he remembered what they were supposed to be doing.

He started searching around desperately, trying to find Miko in the large crowd would probably be one of his hardest feats. All the while he looked he felt his hopes shrink down even more, what was the point at the end of the day? She could end up saying no and there was the chance that he probably wouldn’t even be able to find her.

Reggie looked down at the crowd once more, an expression of defeat crossing his face. At that moment he saw something that caused hope to rise up in him once more. Behind the tree there was a small bridge that overlooked the street and connected the two sides of the streets through a separate flight of stairs.

Shock and bewilderment crossed his face as he saw Miko standing on the bridge. She was wearing a brown winter coat along with a red scarf and seemed to be the only one on the bridge. Needless to say, not seeing Kevin was actually something that made Reggie happy.

That didn’t help with his insecurities though, as he saw Miko there, so close yet so far he became even more confused and discouraged in himself. “It’s gonna be okay.” Johann encouraged from behind. “Just go to her and tell her how much you love her, the rest should come out on its own.”

Reggie nodded his head in agreement before pressing on to Pidgeot. The flying type began flying through the crowd once more, this time he was ready, ready to say what he was supposed to say before, ready to accomplish his goal. “Miko!” he screamed, managing to get the girl’s as well as the rest of the crowd’s attention as they all turned to look at him.

“Reggie?” Miko gasped, her hair waving around due to the wind current caused by Pidgeot as he passed by her and landed upon the bridge. She turned around to look at the Pidgeot, but mostly at Reggie. She seemed shocked but at the same time he also saw a glint of happiness in her eyes, as if she had been waiting for something like this to happen.

Reggie got off form Pidgeot’s back, the wind whipping his hair across his face. He felt fear rise up in him yet again, except this time he was ready. He began walking towards Miko; each step feeling like he was dragging weights from behind him. “Why? Why did you come?” she asked curiously.

“I came to do something I should’ve done a long time ago.” Reggie spoke, the light of the tree falling over him and Miko and casting a pair of shadows on the floor.

Miko just stared at him attentively, her eyes never leaving his. “I...”

“Miko I...” Reggie muttered nervously. “Ever since I met you last year in Battle Class when you first picked up my eraser, I always thought you were cute.” He spoke, his voice becoming less quiet as he spoke. “I didn’t know anyone at the school and I was always being bullied but you greeted me and helped me out, even when I kept losing battles and failing classes you always stood by my side.”

“After I got Chigon you were the first one that found out about him and you always helped me out when it came to trying to find more clues...” his voice fell once more, his eyes becoming more somber. “But I hurt you in the end. When I was possessed by Shroud you did everything you could to stop me from losing myself, even if it meant risking your own life. Even after I fell into that coma you still did everything you could to help me out.”

Reggie went quiet after a moment, trying to think and look over the words he was going to speak out. “Then when you were possessed by Shroud I became depressed, knowing that I had failed to protect you was too hard a blow for me to take...especially...when I lost control of myself and hurt you instead.” Reggie clenched his fist in hesitation this time. “But when you kissed me...I felt complete, I felt like I could do anything, like no matter what happened you would always support me.”

“And I guess part of me got scared.” Reggie muttered, he had now walked closer to Miko and was only a few inches away from her. “I didn’t want to lose you, I didn’t want to have you rely on me and then fail you and I didn’t want to fail myself either and lose the one person that I cared about the most.” He reached out his hand slowly and intertwined it with hers.

Her hand was soft and gentle and she had no hesitation in grabbing his as well before she smiled at her. Reggie was sure of it now, he could do it, he knew that he could do it no matter what. “And then I lost you to Kevin...and I don’t know how you feel about me anymore but, I at least want to tell you this...something that I should’ve done before...my true feelings.”

Reggie raised his head and stared at Miko once more; their bodies having become closer now and their hands grabbing each other completely now.

“I love you Mik...”

The next thing he knew was that a warm feeling was washing over his body. His lips paralyzed as he felt her own lips touch his and hold on to them. Passion, love, fulfillment. These were all things he felt as he kissed Miko under the light of the Christmas three.

He reached out towards her with his hands and wrapped his arm around her body; pulling Miko closer to her as he began kissing her back. For the first time in his life he felt complete, he felt that everything he had wanted was done and he could die happily.

Reggie smiled after he and Miko had broken their kiss, their heads put together as they stared at each other at a distance so close that the temptation to kiss again was hard to resist. “I love you too, Reggie.” She replied back, her voice becoming warm and loving.

“Thank you.” Reggie smield before he leaned forward once more and began kissing her. Her body felt warm as he held her tighter against him, a soft and loving feeling spreading through him.

“Yay.” Johann muttered cheerfully as he saw his cousin and Miko, Chigon sitting right next to him and clapping his wings happily. “I love happy endings.” He grinned happily. “Now this loooong day can finally come to an end, honestly, I feel like it’s been a month since the day started.” He pointed out dryly.

End of chapter 24
Next Time: The First Date and Epilogue

While Part I ends with this chapter the Celadon City arc keeps going and ends with the next one so that's why it says epilogue on the title.

Also I hope you like the shots at both Fin's and Reggie's past.

On another note I can safely say that we'll see Johann and Azure more later on though one of them is going to be more important than the other.

Last edited:
I hope Azure has learned his lesson, because it nearly costs him his life. It's a good thing he and Reggie seemed to finally have reconciled with each other.

It's a interesting bit we've learned about Fin here. Never thought he had faced the Mememto Mori before, but then again, he seems to have more experience than he lets on.

The battle between Martin from Memento Mori and our heroes were great to read, you could feel the intense action in it. It's also great to see that Reggie can battle at full potential without relying on Chigon. Speaking of Chigon, it's great to see them reunited once more.

I don't think I'm the only one who thought at the end "finally he confess his feelings". A perfect end to a great chapter.

(I wrote a bit more than this, but then Bulba decided that I had left the tab open for too long and dumped it all when I pressed submit. This is all I have the patience to re-type, sorry)

These past three chapters have done a great job with characters and development. Kieth doesn't seem like that bad of a guy, even if he is a bit of a hardass. It was cool that you tied this back in with Reggie's Celadon visit from DR with the reintroduction of Azure. Brohann Johann seems like a really cool dude, the kind of friend that Reggie's needed for a while now.

The shadow self was totally unexpected, it came from nowhere, but it really works. It did a great job of explaining Reggie's issues and what he has to do to figure his life out. The ReggiexMiko scene was long awaited and you pulled it off quite well. I won't say it was perfect (I didn't cry), but it was well done.

You continue to improve as a writer and I eagerly watch your progress. Looking beyond the typos and grammar errors, you do an excellent job of conveying emotion, which is a difficult thing to do. I feel much more connected to the characters in this fic than before. No one can accuse Reggie of being a bland character anymore. Keep up the good work and I look forward to more!

Yeah Bulba tends to be a bitch in that sense. My piece of advise is to always reload if the tab's been open for more than 30 minutes, now usually the forums still allows the post to go through but it's better to be safe than sorry. Though did you check to see if it was autosaved?

Well I knew I couldn't make anyone cry xD I'm not that good with romance just yet.

I'm glad, I think the reason Reggie seemed to bland earlier on is because I pretty much just wanted to showcase things as they were, Reggie was hiding his true insecurities from even himself so I ended up hiding it from the readers by accident xD

I just caught up with you. It took a while, but I'm happy that I did. Else I would've missed the awesome character development that was taking place here.

I loved the fact that Reggie's 'shadow' was the one that knocked some sense into him. It was a nice twist, especially the conversation. While the shift in Reggie's personality was a bit sudden, it was a welcome one and it was about time, if I may say so myself.

I was pleased with the newer chapters and I wish you luck writing the newest chapters.

Finally finished reading the chapter, I'll admit, the pacing was pretty good since each time I had to stop reading I was upset instead of feeling relieved. The end to the chapter was quite romantic, though I wanna know who our resident rich boy will go after now. I believe Azure shall be more important soon. As always grammar is an issue, but the mistakes are rarely too big to completely detract from the story. One last thing, this season, I could see Reggie winning the best character award now :yahoo:

That was some great character development.

I gotta hand it to Reggie for finally gathering his courage in order to confess his feelings to Miko and seeing him act more confidently was also a treat. Though I have this feeling as if Reggie isn't done with character development yet, something else will happen, I can feel it.

The battles were also terrific, really descriptive. Keep it up!

Overall, a really good chapter. I'm sorry it took me so late to catch up! ^^;

Nice character development chapter with Reggie finally mustering up the courage to confess his true feelings to Miko, not to mention the Chigon reunite scene and apology. The scenes between Azure and Martin were pretty cool and probably my favorite part of this whole chapter.

The description was good too.

Not a major complaint, you might wanna proofread a little a bit more before releasing the chapters. I found few grammatical errors, nothing too bad though.

So, yeah overall it was a solid chapter. You're defiantly improving quite a bit.

@Chaosj2; @AetherX; @Thabet; @Gym Leader Byron; @Instrutilus; @System Error; @Tsutarja; @Cosmos; @BlueNostalgia;

Chapter 15: First Date and Epilogue

Johann stared at the TV screen with a lack of interest, not really finding anything that he could even begin to deem interesting to watch. “So boring.” He muttered before he turned to look at Carey who was in turn glaring daggers at him. “I’m not giving you the remote,” he pointed out dryly.

“But why!?” Carey whined. “You’re not even watching!” she screamed once more, her arms flailing around childishly.

“So?” Johann raised an eyebrow. “Hey Val! Is Reggie done yet? I wanna make fun of his ass!”

“Don’t be so rude.” Valerie scolded as she walked into the living room. It had been two days since Reggie had confessed his feelings towards Miko and even though the two were together in theory there was still something missing, they hadn’t had their first date. “Reggie finally confessed to her but if this date doesn’t go well then it wouldn’t have mattered,” she said, her tone of voice becoming a little sadder. “He’s been worried about what to wear or how to act.”

“I just remembered.” Johann scratched his chin in thought before looking at the roof. “This is Reggie’s first date, isn’t it?” he asked; his eyes looking at his sister. “Do you think I should watch over him and help him out from the dark.”

“You know you can’t do that.” Valerie shook her head. “We can’t be there to support him on everything.” She sighed before she sat down her hand grabbing her brother’s so as to calm down her nerves. “He’ll just get mad at you if he found out anyway.”

“You guys are worrying too much.” Valerie and Johann turned to look at the woman that had walked into the living room. She had long brown hair that went down to her neck, blue eyes similar to Reggie’s, and seemed to be in her late forties. “Reggie will do fine, I’m sure of it.”

“But Aunt Ailene, you know Reggie’s barely able to even talk to girls.” Johann nodded. “Besides, shouldn’t a mother be worried in this type of situation?”

Ailene shook her head at him before smiling. “Worrying about it will do no good and if Reggie sees me worry then he’ll just get even more nervous.” She explained. It seemed like she really was sure and confident about her son as there was not even one hint of hesitation in her voice. “On the other hand, his dad is even more worried.”

“I can see how Uncle Roger would be worried.” Johann deadpanned before sighing. “He’s always been overprotective of Reggie.”

“Yeah, but he has to learn that he won’t be a kid forever.” Ailene noted before she sat down next to her nephew and niece. “That’s why I told him to try and help Reggie with this.”

“I really suck when it comes to clothes.” Reggie frowned and stared at the mirror that was in front of him. There was a pile of clothes all around the bed, all rejected outfits for his first day. At the moment he was standing in front of his mirror with nothing but a pair of jeans.

He stared at his reflection, looking at his thin built with a faint sign of muscle on his stomach. He sighed to himself in defeat. Could he actually impress Miko? He didn’t have nice clothing, nor was he muscular or anything. “I think this was a bad idea.”

“You just need something different from your usual.” Reggie turned his head around to look at his dad who was standing by the door way.

Roger Damon had short black colored hair that was combed back, along with a skin that was of a darker shade of white and black eyes. His face had rough features which was topped by some wrinkles that were already visible; giving him a sort of threatening expression.

Reggie felt himself become even more nervous once he saw his father standing on the doorway. “Dad...hi.”

“You don’t have to be so nervous.” Roger looked away, a slight frown on his face as he walked into Reggie’s room. “Your mom told me that you had trouble picking out your clothes so I thought I could help you out.”

Reggie just stared at his dad. No matter how he thought of it he had always had trouble with him, his dad had always been strict and the fact that he always compared Reggie to Alex was something that bothered him. Or at least, that was what Reggie thought.

Roger looked at the clothes that had been thrown around on the bed. “Well, you gotta be a little tidier, make sure to clean this before you g...” Roger stopped himself mid-sentence, he had gone there to help his son; not to make him more nervous. “As I was saying, this girl, she’s one of your friends, right?”

“Yeah.” Reggie nodded his head shyly. “We kissed a couple of days ago during the Christmas Tree Lighting but this is our first date.” Reggie rubbed the back of his head nervously. “I’ve had a crush on her since last year, you see, so I’m really nervous. I mean, I just want to impress her.”

“First of all you have to show her confidence,” his dad said sternly before he sat down on the bed. “If she doesn’t think you’re confident then there’s no way she’ll even fall for you. Sure, you may have kissed but the trick to having a girlfriend is keeping her with you, after all.”

As much as he regretted it he actually had to say his dad was right; he hadn’t thought about what would happen after Miko and him began dating, after all. “Did you decide where to go?” Roger asked.

“No...” Reggie looked away. “I don’t really have an idea.”

“My suggestion is that you go with something simple.” Roger nodded his head and crossed his arms. “Normally, guys would go for fancy but a girl who really wants to go out with you for you should be able to enjoy a simple date without a lot of expenses.” Roger explained sagely; this was actually aside that Reggie knew of his dad very well, while he was a good man he did have the habit of being a bit...too cautious with money. “Take her star watching, talk to her, get to know things you didn’t know, then eat something simple that you both like that isn’t too expensive.”

“Dad, are you sure that works?” Reggie chuckled nervously.

“It worked with your mom.” Roger nodded his head once more and crossed his arms. He stood up from the bed this time though, almost as if he had thought about something. “As per clothes, I actually bought something for you, I was planning on giving it to you for Christmas, though.”

“Clothes, I bet?” Reggie deadpanned, his dad wasn’t one for big presents; though he wasn’t one to be picky about his presents to begin with.

A few minutes later Roger came back into the room. He was carrying a white shirt with black stripes going across it horizontally. He handed the shirt to Reggie. No words were uttered as the two stared at the shirt. “Try that, it’s not your style, I know, but that’s exactly why it could work.”

Reggie felt the fabric of the shirt, it was soft and thin around his fingers. His dad was right, though, if he wore something different from his usual then it was sure to get Miko’s attention. With that he decided to put discussion aside and put the shirt on over his chest.

Roger smiled at his son, a look of pride on his face. Even if he didn’t show it he really was proud of Reggie, something that he always tried to tell his son but...things wouldn’t work like that. “Reggie...I’m glad to be your father.” Reggie turned to look at his father, shock and confusion on his face as he tried to process what he had said.

“Y...you are?” he stuttered.

“I know I don’t show it,” Roger said quietly; his head staring at his son as he tried to get rid of his usual stern expression. “You know I’ve always been bad when it comes to expressing what I really feel and that bothers me so I tend to get mad quickly.” He pointed out. Reggie just stared at his father’s face, noticing that he actually seemed to be nervous about what he would say.

“Listen when you were younger and I got mad at you when something bad happened or when you gave up, it wasn’t because I had disdain towards you.” Roger shook his head and kept staring at his son. “It was because, as a father, it pains me to see my son sad it bothers me to see you give up on things just because you can’t do it when you can clearly do it.”

“But...” Reggie stopped himself mid sentence, his eyes gazing at his father hesitantly before he kept talking. “You...always compared me to Alex, ever since I was a kid.”

Roger nodded his head. “When I did that it wasn’t to make you feel inferior...Reggie I’ve always believed in you. Ever since you were a little kid I always believed that you would achieve something great,” he smiled at his middle son and patted his shoulder. “When I compared you to Alex it wasn’t because I liked him more, it’s because if he could do it then I know you could do it even better.”

Reggie didn’t say anything. The whole revelation was shocking to him, he never had a proper talk with his father ever since he was young and it was all just so different for him now. “When Alex was small I did something that my dad did with me when I was a baby, he lifted me on the palm of his hand so that I would stand on it. When I tried to do it with Alex he ended up falling on the couch; he wasn’t hurt though.” He said, his face frowning a little at the memory.

“But you did it, you stood there and laughed and smiled at me as if you had just climbed the world.” He smiled proudly at Reggie. “That’s when I knew that you would accomplish something some day, that you’ll literally stand at the top of the world.”

“Dad...you...” Reggie muttered. A smile crossed his face, even if he had still been traumatized due to all the bad memories with his dad just knowing that he was indeed proud of him was enough for him to feel relieve about the date. “I’m sorry that I misinterpreted your feelings.”

“It’s okay Reggie.” Roger nodded his head. “I need to work on that.” He said before he stood up and turned around to look at Reggie. “Now, finish getting ready.” He smiled. “You have a date to attend to.”

“Actually.” Reggie smiled. “I think I just got a good idea for our date.”

Reggie looked over at Miko carefully, his face becoming even more nervous with each passing second as he looked down at the lasagna that was on his plate. He was actually starting to regret his idea. His face began scanning the table once more, seeing that Carey was now talking to Miko while Roger and Ailene talked to each other.

“Nice.” Johann muttered form next to Reggie, his voice actually sounding sarcastic. “Exactly what was the big plan?” he wondered curiously.

Even though his father had given him some ideas already Reggie had figured that this one wasn’t so bad either. So with that he decided to call Miko and tell her that they would have dinner with Reggie’s family; at least that’s what Reggie thought as a good plan at the time.

“I thought it would be nice. You know, Miko meets everyone properly and, well, I thought it would help me out, but...” he glanced towards Miko once more, she actually seemed to be having form, if the smile on her face was of any indication.

“I think it was a good plan.” Valerie smiled. “During a first date you usually get nervous about lots of things, like not messing up or what to do to make the date go right,” she muttered. “This way she’ll at least be entertained and you’ll have more time to think of what to do and say when you’re alone.”

“Sadly, that’s just the problem, you just don’t know when you can be alone in this type of situation.” Johann sighed.

“I’m sure there’ll be a chance.” Valerie patted Reggie’s shoulder happily before smiling. “I’m just glad you guys are finally together.”

“I don’t know about you, but I think we should stop muttering or otherwise they’ll start asking what we’re talking about.” Johann muttered to them.

“We’ll be going to bed now, good night Miko, and I hope we can see each other soon.” Ailene smiled at Miko before she began to walk upstairs.

Roger looked at Reggie for a moment, the two had been sitting on the couch while Miko and Ailene were talking in the kitchen. “Good luck, son.” He patted Reggie’s shoulders before getting up and following after Ailene.

Reggie sighed, his eyes looking at Miko; who had gotten up from the kitchen and was walking towards him. “I can tell you’re nervous Reggie,” Miko giggled before she sat down next to her.

Suddenly Reggie felt her left arm warp around his right one, causing Reggie to blush and look at Miko nervously. Even after he had all that time to think of an answer for how to deal with the situation he was still drawing a blank. He stared at Miko’s eyes, they seemed...cheerful; was she actually happy with how things turned out?

“You don’t have to be nervous about anything Reggie.” Miko shook her head at him before leaning forward and kissing his cheek. “Your idea for our first date might’ve been strange but at least it’s original… and I had fun.” Miko chuckled. “I’m just glad that I’m able to spend time with you again.”

“What do you mean?” Reggie wondered, a curious and confused expression crossing his face.

“Over the last couple of months I feel like we just haven’t gotten a chance to talk to each other.” Miko’s expression actually became a little sadder as she said this; her tone lowering as well. “I felt like you were afraid to talk to me, of course now I know what it was but it bothered me that you just didn’t want to be with me anymore and that you were ignoring me.”

Reggie looked down at the couch, his fingers grabbing ahold of the fabric as he let Miko speak. “Even after we joined the Newspaper Club I felt like we never talked, like you were hiding something from me, of course I...I’m also sorry.”

“You don’t have to be sorry over anything Miko.” Reggie shook his head at her. He didn’t think that Miko would actually have had all those feelings though, all the time he had always thought of how he felt but never considered her.

“I guess that’s why I said yes to Kevin when he asked me out.” Miko nodded her head. “I didn’t think you would mind cause I thought that you didn’t like me anymore.”

“I did like you Miko.” Reggie pulled Miko’s arms closer on instinct, his eyes looking at hers. He was still unable to believe it, that the two could actually be sitting there like that, enjoying each other’s comfort and company. Reggie leaned closer to her and kissed her, their lips locking once more.

No matter how many times he did it he always got the same feelings… comfort, safety. “I bet everyone else is going to be surprise when we get back to classes.” Miko laughed.

“By the way...um...I’ll apologize ahead of time for any mess ups I might make.” Reggie pointed out haltingly. He didn’t have any experience with girlfriends, after all. “I might mess up here and there.”

“It’s okay.” Miko giggled. “I’m dating you cause I want to I know that you’re not experienced with girls.” She nodded her head sagely.

“So now what?” Reggie wondered while looking down at Miko. “Are you gonna go back home?”

“Yeah.” Miko nodded her head in agreement before patting Reggie’s cheek. “Don’t worry, we’ll talk through text and email then we’ll see each other when we got back to school.” She reassured. Reggie didn’t know what to say to this. He wanted to keep hanging out with Miko now that they were finally together but he also knew that he couldn’t keep her in Celadon throughout the whole spring break.

“Okay.” Reggie nodded his head in understanding.

Azure groaned, his body felt heavy and weak, and he felt like he had been dropped from a tall building. He groaned once more, his body moving up so that he was sitting now.

He looked around at the hospital room that was around him. He was only able to remember up to the point when Martin had shot him. “Damn it, that was really bothersome.” he muttered with a grunt before turning to the door of his room.

Thomas was standing on the doorway to Azure’s hospital room, two other policemen standing alongside him in turn. “Do you guys not know that it’s creepy to watch a minor while he’s sleeping?” Azure snickered while looking at Thomas.

“True, but that doesn’t really count for someone that’ll turn 18 in a couple of months.” Thomas muttered before he began to slowly take out a cigarette and sit down on the chair next to Azure’s bed.

“You can’t smoke in a hospital.” Azure pointed out dryly. He didn’t really like the fact that Thomas was seeing him, especially cause he knew that now that he had been incapacitated he had no other choice but to pay for his mistake.

“It’s electric.” Thomas replied before he took a whiff from the electric cigarette. “Not as good, but healthier at the same time.” He stared at Azure for a moment; almost as if trying to intimidate the young thug even more. “So I’ll cut right to the chase here, we figured that you don’t know anything that could be of help to us considering that you were the lowest of the grunts.”

“Hey!” Azure exclaimed; clearly insulted.

“However you still joined a dangerous organization like Memento Mori plus you’ve committed quite a few crimes that you’ve been hiding away.” Thomas stated before grabbing his cigarette and take it out of his mouth. “So you can still be sent to juvi and since you’re turning 18 in a couple of months, prison is not something that I would pass off.”

“But there is another option.” Thomas looked at Azure attentively. “You are still young and I figured that I could at least give you another chance considering that there are worse people than you that have been given this treatment.”

“What is it?” Azure asked simply.

“I’m going to give you the option of joining Rogue Academy.” Thomas pointed out to Azure; who in turn gasped in disbelief.

“That criminal academy, I rather go to prison!” Azure hissed.

“It’s a reformation center, though I admit that our work in that academy has been getting a bit messy, but we’re working on that.” Thomas stated nonchalantly, not really paying attention to Azure’s tone of concern. “Point is that if you go to this school you won’t really have to be put in a cell all you have to do is behave and once you get out you’ll do a little community work and get your trainer license taken for a couple of years.”

“Can’t you just do that now?” Azure frowned.

“I would if you hadn’t joined Memento Mori, but since you did this these are your only options.” The two continued to stare at each other, neither of them willing to give the other their chance to take victory in the discussion. “This idea was suggested by Reggie, I would’ve just thrown your ass in jail for all I care.”

After hearing the mention of Reggie, Azure went quiet. He remembered how he had stood up for him back at the warehouse; even after all of the things that Azure had done to him he still protected him. He frowned a little, the fact that he owed Reggie his life was something that bothered him; but he didn’t have any other choice that he could take. He turned to look at Thomas and sighed. “All right, I guess if I’ve got nothing else.”

“All right then.” Thomas nodded his head. “You will start once you are let off, you will also be given a ‘warden,’ a normal student that has joined the academy to take care and make sure that the other students follow the rules,” he explained.

Celadon Suite Hotel. This hotel is known as the tallest and most expensive hotel that one could go to in Celadon and it was one that had garnered a lot of fame and prestige for housing political figures, famous trainers and actors.

On the penthouse suite of the hotel a man looked down at the glimmering night life that had started below him, the lights of the buildings and houses creating a perfect combination between light and darkness. “Oh, you’ve got Luvdisc Bourbon, that’s a really rare kind, isn’t it?” he heard a female voice from behind him.

“Yeah well, when one dedicates themselves to my line of work you tend get the chances to some luxuries.” The man stated, his hand brushing that the black colored suit that he was wearing. His long black hair stretched down to his neck and his black colored eyes looked down at the city with a gleam of curiosity. “Even if Martin got captured he was merely a puppet for this scheme, the real deal was in the shadows and our mission was a success.”

“You are a prepared man aren’t you, Mr. Jabber?’ the woman’s sensual voice spoke once more, causing a small chuckle to escape the man’s mouth.

“That all goes back to my line of work.” Jabber stated before raising his hand, looking at the mark on his right hand. The mark was that of a wolf-like beast gaping its mouth open, black colored horns coming out with a number four written in the center of the hand.

“Now do you want to stare at the city or do you want to come play with me and drink the bourbon.” He felt her arms wrap around his shoulder and her chest press against his back. She showed her face to him her violet colored eyes gleaming, a sight that matched well with her beautiful long chestnut hair and her tight red ballroom dress.

“You make quite a good point, Ms. Clarice.” Jabber snickered playfully at her before giving her a soft kiss on the lips the two of them forgetting the view of the city that laid below them.

“Hmm...excuse me, lovebirds, but I’m still here.” Jabber raised his head, ensuing a growl of annoyance from Clarice as they both turned to look at the virtual screen that displayed on the left wall of the room. “You shouldn’t set a call if you’re gonna get it on...not that I mind if that’s your thing, though.”

On the other side of the screen was a man with tan skin, his green eyes staring at the two of them and matching the grin on his face. He had messy black hair that was done in a mullet; though the top part of it couldn’t be seen due to the black colored hat he was wearing. He was also wearing a black colored short sleeved jacket that hugged against his chest. “Memento Mori’s Sins, number four, Jabber, and number six Clarice.” He snickered.

“Number 2, Noah?” Jabber played along, a small grin crossing his face; something that seemed to annoy Noah in turn. “Sorry I cut you off, what was it that you wanted to talk about?”

“Well, I thought you should know that we finally decided on the new number 3 agent.” Noahs tated begrudgingly. “He’s the man I told you about, the one I found in the forest back in May.” He explained as a look of realization crossed Jabber’s face. “I hope you’re not mad though, considering you’re still 4.” He teased.

“I am not mad.” Jabber shook his head before chuckling. “I mean, I’m staying in the highest suite of a five star hotel, I’ve got the best booze you could ever ask for and one of the most beautiful girls I could’ve ever known with her arms around me. What is there to be mad about that?” He laughed before grabbing a hold of the glass and taking a short sip from it. “I’d rather have this than being send around on jobs like some useless lapdog.” He smiled.

Noah just stared at him, clear disdain and anger in his eyes. “You suck.” He groaned before the screen vanished.

“Nice, nice, I never liked that guy anyways.” Clarice stated before she took a bigger sip from the glass. “So I was kind of curious about something.” She cooed before she began trailing her fingers up Jabber’s chest; ensuing a playful grin from the man. “Are you only fearsome when it comes to your job?” she asked, her lips puckering up and her face looking at him sultrily. “Man of Greed.”

“A lust for knowledge and a lust for love I see.” Jabber chuckled. “But no, no I’m not.” He shook his head before pulling Clarice into yet another kiss.

The clock is ticking and time is starting to run short, soon very soon, time will stop and give birth to an age of destruction...an age of death.

Memento Mori.

End of Chapter 25
Next Time: Reggie Vs. Tyson, Win with one Shot

The beginning of this was pretty good (much anticipated, for sure), but the end was AWESOME. My responses:

“All right then.” Thomas nodded his head. “You will start once you are let off, you will also be given a ‘warden,’ a normal student that has joined the academy to take care and make sure that the other students follow the rules,” he explained.

Warden? I'm sensing the approach of a new character (or an old one, now that I think of it).

He had messy black hair that was done in a mullet; though the top part of it couldn’t be seen due to the black colored hat he was wearing. He was also wearing a black colored short sleeved jacket that hugged against his chest.

Just say black, it's less wordy.

“Number 2, Noah?” Jabber played along, a small grin crossing his face; something that seemed to annoy Noah in turn.

THAT'S MY NAME! And that's about where our similarities end... :p

The clock is ticking and time is starting to run short, soon very soon, time will stop and give birth to an age of destruction...an age of death.

Memento Mori.

"Remember your own mortality" That's powerful. I feel like this building up to the death of a major character, or just a lot of death in general. Nicely done overall, but I'm expecting a mind-blowing climax.

Considering it's the end of the first part I might as well give a hint, yes it is an old character.

Force of habit, sorry about the black thing.

Well you never know xD so far we only know a bit about Noah and the fact that he likes to call himself Noeh rather than Noah as it was displayed in the epilogue of Dragon's Roar.

It's building up to something, but you'll have to wait till it finishes building things up for now.

DUN DUN DUN........................du du du dunnnnnnnnn......................dun dun

Things are building up, everyone is on top of the world, so somebody has to come crashing down. I'll be honest, I'm not one for romance driven chapters............but it was bearable. I recommend you read your chapters over before you post them (I know its horribly boring but you gotta do it) since your typos are starting to get more common. I'll let you find them so that you can get used to reading your chapters over not because I'm lazy

I think something bad will happen to Azure soon, something MM related........as for Clarice, glad to see her moving up in the world

I really like this line.

Memento Mori, heh, I wonder what will happen. :O

It was a solid chapter, to be honest. I like how you fleshed out Reggie's Dad a bit more as well as gave more development to their relationship. I can relate to having a father who doesn't show his emotions much so that was neat, in my opinion. Miko and Reggie are a cute couple and I'm really hoping you take the best out of possible reactions to their new relationship back at the academy. I won't comment much on the plot, but I can see some foreshadowing. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Keep it up, man!

Yeah I don't know if I'll actually do too many reactions. Mostly cause Reggie's friends wouldn't be too surprised, though the rest of the academy probably would.

Personally I wanted to do this chapter not cause of the date but cause of the scene focusing on Reggie and his father now that Reggie knows that he's got his dad's approval he can really move on from the scared child he was before.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom