• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Adventures Box Sets

Piplup

XY
Reaction score
I'm shocked that I'm the first one to notice this here... (unless I missed something? didn't find any thread/post about it)

Pokemon Adventures Box Set 1: Hidenori Kusaka: 9781421550060: Amazon.com: Books
Pokémon Adventures Box Set 1 - includes all of gen 1 - Volumes 1-7 + poster
Will be released on August 7

Amazon.com: Pokemon Adventures Box Set 2 (9781421550077): Hidenori Kusaka: Books
Pokémon Adventures Box Set 2 - includes all of gen 2 - Volumes 8-14 + poster
Will be released on September 4

Amazon.com: Pokemon Black and White Box Set (9781421550053): Hidenori Kusaka: Books
Pokémon Black and White Box Set - includes Volumes 1-8 + poster
Will be released on October 2

I'm, like, totally buying this! Recently got vol 1 of DP and vol 1 of BW - so far read 5 out of the 9 chapters in the DP one, and I really like it! So I think to continue buying DP for now, then buy these box sets once they're released
Now let's hope they'll eventually release gen 3 + HGSS... and move on to other manga series too... but better not expect it

Last edited by a moderator:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Not a bad price. That comes out to about $5 a book... and a color poster too? The first gen box set comes out the day before my birthday, so I might look into that.

Holy crapmuffin that's a long while away though T_T It would be much better to release them during the summer.

I noticed the first two boxes a while back but didn't know if it warranted a thread. I guess it did! :p

The Black and White Boxset I did not notice though. I think I'll purchase that since I only have 4 of the books. It's too bad I won't be getting the first two sets since I already have the collection. Oh well! Hopefully a D/P one comes too cause I don't have anything from that arc.

That's pretty cool. I already have the first fourteen volumes of Pokemon Adventures, so I wouldn't be getting those box sets. Though, I probably will get the Black and White boxset. I haven't picked up any of the volumes, mainly because I was going to wait until the full volume releases come out, but since they're releasing those smaller volumes in a boxset with a poster, there's a good chance that I'll get it. This does make me wonder why they haven't released the R/S arc yet if they're willing to re-release the earlier arcs when they aren't even promoting any current video game. But hopefully that will change at some point in the future.

I want a colour poster, but I already own all the RGBYGSC arc volumes...

I wish Viz would offer a way to order just the box and the poster; Oni Press did that with Scott Pilgrim.

That's a great move, since it's such a long series. I've already got all of Gen. I and most of Gen. II, though. Once again, I bought something just a little too early.

I wish Viz would offer a way to order just the box and the poster; Oni Press did that with Scott Pilgrim.

That is really neat! I would love it if Viz did that.

I don't think we'll be at that much of a loss if we already collected the set though. The poster is probably going to be another mini one like they did with the DPA box set.

That's pretty cool. I already have the first fourteen volumes of Pokemon Adventures, so I wouldn't be getting those box sets. Though, I probably will get the Black and White boxset. I haven't picked up any of the volumes, mainly because I was going to wait until the full volume releases come out, but since they're releasing those smaller volumes in a boxset with a poster, there's a good chance that I'll get it. This does make me wonder why they haven't released the R/S arc yet if they're willing to re-release the earlier arcs when they aren't even promoting any current video game. But hopefully that will change at some point in the future.

Probably because it doesn't cost that much money to release the boxsets. The volumes are already released, so the only money they're spending are on the boxes and posters thus they can't possibly lose much if these don't do well. They could be seeing how well old arcs do when they don't have the game hype to back them up. It's certainly the cheapest way to do so (how accurately it is is another story). They can't be thinking of get big profits off the GSC/BW boxsets, at the very least, considering how recent the volumes are.

Are they in English???Cause i can't read Japanese lol.XD Although i will buy it but dang that's a long time to come! that suck.:p

Yes, they'll be in English.

Also, I wonder how many people are going to hold off buying the singles now that they know that box sets are coming out.

Fuuuuuuuuu, and I've already been buying the RBYGSC volumes on their own. Damnit.

I wish they'd hurry up releasing the DPPt volumes rather than releasing somewhat pointless box sets.

Neat! :)

Now if they could just restore Green's "poke-boobs" scene...

I was planning to start buying volumes of the series very soon, but now I guess I might as well just wait for the box sets.

Good thing I didn't buy any yet. :-D

Oh wow, this may actually give me incentive to get this manga series. I've never really liked purchasing books one by one as they tend to get more expensive that way.

I just hope that these are real, given Amazon's history of goofing up...

Now Amazon list Box Set 1 as "Red & Blue"... I guess that means they'll call Box Set 2 "Gold & Silver"
Well, not really something important, but I thought I might say it here for anyone who might care...

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom