• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Adventures RMT Silver

Reaction score
Well this is going to be my first technical RMT I suppose. Although it isn't exactly a team I plan on using too often in competitive play or such. At least maybe not. Anyway, some friends and I devised a challenge for some other friends in a group of ours. We would re-create the legendary teams used by the protagonists in the Pokémon Adventures manga with some of them also being regular characters in the video games. To make it short, ive been tasked to create a team ONLY using Pokémon that the respective trainer used and obtained in the manga. Now not everyone has read the manga I know, but that's the wonderful thing about the Bulbapedia part of our site.

My trainer I've chosen to use and my personal favorite is Silver, the rival from the G/S/C series and HG/SS series. Unlike the games, Silver is a force to be reckoned with in the manga, using many intimidating Dark and Water type Pokémon (my two favorite types). At a first glance, I knew I had to come up with something rain-oriented to make use of his three Water-types. His Pokemon list includes--

Feraligatr
Weavile
Kingdra
Gyarados (shiny)
Honchkrow
Rhyperior
Ursaring

Now for the actual RMT. To save myself from writing this at the end, im open to suggestions to help fix the team but id like for them to follow standard rules, and the Pokémon in the team must be only ones he obtained or their previous evolutions.

Feraligatr@Mystic Water/???
Adamant
Torrent
252 Atk/252 Speed/4 HP
-Crunch
-Aqua Jet
-Ice Punch/Superpower
-Dragon Dance

The starter of Silver's team, Feraligatr isn't too renowned around the starters or Water-types in general but he is the signature Pokémon of the team. Although it looks like a basic set, with the power of rain, Mystic Water and possibly Torrent and a boost from DD, this guy shouldn't be taken lightly. Aqua Jet is the only STAB move for this reason, being weak initially but after the potential boosts turning into a priority Waterfall in a sense. Yes Waterfall would be more destructive but with his low speed, I like the priority idea. If anything, I could slash Waterfall into the third slot.

Weavile@Choice Band/Life Orb
Jolly
Pressure
252 Atk/252 Speed/4 HP
-Knock Off
-Ice Punch
-Low Kick
-Ice Shard

While a Life Orb looks pretty promising here, the idea of a Choice Band looked reasonable but is always subject to change. If Weavile holds the LO, it forces Kingdra to run Specs which isn't too bad but then leads into Fairies switching in to exploit it when the Dragon is the only one who can stop a Fairy with Flash Cannon. Onto Weavile, nothing too special. Pretty standard.

Kingdra@Life Orb/Choice Specs
Modest
Swift Swim
252 SpAtk/252 Speed/4 HP
-Draco Meteor
-Scald/Surf
-Flash Cannon
-Rain Dance/Ice Beam

My favorite Dragon, boasting only two weaknesses. In rain, the thing is a monster so I had to capitalize on it with the team. LO is preferred to allow Rain set-up but isn't required as the more common Specs can be used with Ice Beam to get that fast nuke sweeper, but that would make another Pokémon mandatory to set-up rain for him. Nevertheless, very important Pokémon.

Gyarados@Gyaradosite
Impish
Intimidate-Mold Breaker
252 HP/252 Def/4 Speed (or was it Attack?)
-Waterfall
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Dragon Dance

Silver appears to have a team of nothing but powerhouses with no defensive potential but this is where I wanna make the flip and trick everyone who wants to challenge. The RestTalk Mega Gyarados. Switch in on a physical hitter, Intimidate, DD until you feel threatened, MegaEvo, Rest and boost and attack. The great thing is hopefully there's rain (probably not for lack of a Damp Rock) but also his Mold Breaker completely negates him getting walled by Pokémon with Water Absorb, Dry Skin or Storm Drain. Although this set still has its weaknesses, I really wanna try it and blow people's minds away.

Murkrow@Damp Rock/Eviolite
Calm
Prankster
252 HP/252 SpDef/4 Def
-Foul Play
-Taunt
-Rain Dance/Featherdance
-Roost

Not Honchkrow? Here's why. Part two of the defensive side, unfortunately sharing the Electric type weakness. With Eviolite, Murkrow looks to be able to survive a hit and use priority Roost/Taunt and Featherdance to thwart attackers. More importantly id prefer a Damp Rock, to use Rain Dance to further support the team while filling the best role it can for the team. Very unorthodox but a idea that popped into my head to stray away from doing what everyone expects.

Rhyperior@Assault Vest
Adamant
Solid Rock
252 HP/252 SpDef/4 Attack
-Power-Up Punch
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Megahorn

The most abysmal Special stats in the game, hoping to be saved. With the AV and Solid Rock, im hoping this guy here can survive long enough to get one or two PuPs out to boost his already high Attack and attempt to put heavy damage out. I have to be wary to avoid putting him with rain or else he won't survive any Water-type attack at all regardless. Although Ursaring looks to better fit the slot here, this guy's already finished and good to go, hoping to destroy those who underestimate him.

Potential Substitutions:

Honchkrow@Choice Scarf
Adamant
Moxie
252 Atk/252 Speed/4 HP
-Brave Bird
-Night Slash
-Superpower
-Drill Peck/Pursuit

I did make a big brother set just in case, and I figured this one would be different a bit and fit with the team. Although I don't like the idea of getting locked into Pursuit, I put it there just in case. Besides that, everything else is simple. Come in, revenge and get +1, proceed to hopefully continue doing good damage. Drill Peck is there in the event Honchkrow doesn't want to lose anymore health, due to Rocks or something. He also cannot be on the same team as Murkrow for....pet peeve reasons of making this scenario look like a time paradox.

Rhyperior@Leftovers
Impish
Solid Rock
252 HP/252 Def/4 SpDef
-Earthquake
-Roar
-Toxic
-Stealth Rock

In the event that Mega RestTalk Gyarados doesn't work out, this guy is a stellar defensive wall. With Rocks and Roar, he'd work better with Murkrow to patch up the Electric-weakness and throw out some Toxic damage. Basic stuff here.

Gyarados@Gyaradosite
Jolly
Moxie
252 Atk/252 Speed/4 HP
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Substitute/Ice Fang
-Dragon Dance

The more famed set of the two and the replacement if Def Rhyperior takes flight. Another basic set idea, hopefully netting a KO before the Mega Evolution. With Mold Breaker, Rotoms aren't going to like the EQ but itll hard to dent Flying/Dragon types which makes Ice Fang a good idea to destroy DNite's Multiscale.

In closing, (well that seems like a lot) I lean heavy towards the--
Feraligatr
Weavile
Kingdra
Offense Gyarados
Defense Rhyperior
Murkrow

---team but the idea of fighting against the norm still thrills my mind. I haven't thought about a lot of potential threats to the team much but i'd love to hear the first ones that come to mind. Anyway, there you have it. Silver's team pressed into a competitive field of play. Constructive criticism is appreciated but just saying
"Oh that's a stupid idea, just go battle with a regular team" isn't going to fly.
I liked the idea when it was brought to me and I wanted to make playing Pokémon even more interesting so there you have it.

If you wouldn't mind using a Pokemon Silver only had for a short time, you could go with Gold's Politoed. It would make Kingdra much better and give support through Hypnosis, Scald, and Perish Song.

If you wouldn't mind using a Pokemon Silver only had for a short time, you could go with Gold's Politoed. It would make Kingdra much better and give support through Hypnosis, Scald, and Perish Song.

That was an idea I had while looking through the list but I do mind only because he had it for that short trade period. If it was something that he battled with for a bit, or even held onto for more then a few chapters, I would've thought about it. But it'd take away from the challenge since my friend (who is using Gold's team) is going to use Politoed. Trying to use as many different Pokémon as I can.

Entei was also a possibility for this reason since Silver used him for the final chapters of the G/S/C but I decided against legendaries as well >.>

That was an idea I had while looking through the list but I do mind only because he had it for that short trade period. If it was something that he battled with for a bit, or even held onto for more then a few chapters, I would've thought about it. But it'd take away from the challenge since my friend (who is using Gold's team) is going to use Politoed. Trying to use as many different Pokémon as I can.

Entei was also a possibility for this reason since Silver used him for the final chapters of the G/S/C but I decided against legendaries as well >.>

You also could've used Tyranitar over Rhyperior, which is what I would've done. I'm sure that the GSC trio was probably the hardest to do.

Try

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Rock Head
Impish
252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
Alt: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
Alt: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
~Stealth Rock
~Earthquake
~Rock Blast
~Toxic/Megahorn/Dragon Tail

Your sweepers will definitely appreciate the Stealth Rock support, and Rhyperior can't use Rocks with Assault Vest - Rhydon, on the other hand, can boost his SDef with Eviolite and still use Rocks.

@TerraTF; I would use TTar but then he'd have to run Unnerve or else his sandstorm would ruin the chemistry of the team.
@-Glory Blaze-; That's an interesting idea to use but the word is being passed around that we're stuck with one different item per Pokémon which would send Murkrow packing. Its frowned upon to use Rhydon since Silver has only used Rhyperior (Rhydon was with Blue until the evolution trade) but ill keep fighting it :p

So if this Rhydon comes into play, the team would be-

Feraligatr
Weavile
Kingdra
Rhydon
Gyarados
Honchkrow

Correct? Do the other sets look okay? And can said team try out that RestTalk Gyarados or is it a bad idea?

@TerraTF; I would use TTar but then he'd have to run Unnerve or else his sandstorm would ruin the chemistry of the team.
@-Glory Blaze-; That's an interesting idea to use but the word is being passed around that we're stuck with one different item per Pokémon which would send Murkrow packing. Its frowned upon to use Rhydon since Silver has only used Rhyperior (Rhydon was with Blue until the evolution trade) but ill keep fighting it :p

So if this Rhydon comes into play, the team would be-

Feraligatr
Weavile
Kingdra
Rhydon
Gyarados
Honchkrow

Correct? Do the other sets look okay? And can said team try out that RestTalk Gyarados or is it a bad idea?

If using Rhydon is a problem just use physically defensive Rhyperior with Leftovers and keep it well away from Special attackers. Should fix the Murkrow problem as well.

Honestly, passing around WoW with Murkrow is important but with both Super Luck and Moxie I think it would be worth running Honchkrow.

252+ Atk Weavile Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 218-258 (53.9 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

So it'll only work if Azumarill if weakened prior to that and didn't pull off a Belly Drum. I don't really know what can cure the weakness on Silver's team, though...

252+ Atk Weavile Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 218-258 (53.9 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

So it'll only work if Azumarill if weakened prior to that and didn't pull off a Belly Drum. I don't really know what can cure the weakness on Silver's team, though...

That is a pretty suckish calculation but it'd be the only offense to use for the team against the bastard. No one else can effectively utilize a Poison/Grass/Electric-type move on the team. I knew the day would come when one of my favorites would haunt me. To be on the positive note, im starting to focus on using Rhyperior to phaze him out on the Belly Drum with Roar, then use the Rocks to further chip away at his health. Worked a few times and left him unable to utilize Belly Drum effectively. Im tempted to just throw Featherdance on Murkrow but I dont think itd have a meaningful effect entirely. A Azumarill sitting at +4 is still too dangerous to my team.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom