• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Amie confirmed!

Gravitas

Filled with DETERMINATION
Reaction score
Serebii has posted a leak featuring special, dressed Pikachus linked to contests and the return of Pokemon Amie. GET HYPED!

Re: Pokemon Amie and Contests confirmed!

Well it looks good, my speculation that you may be able to dress Pokemon up for contests is confirmed and Amie is also confirmed so my other theory that you can teach Pokemon tricks for contests could also be a thing.
I also hope it's not just Pikachu you can dress up.

Hopefully you can dress up all Pokemon. I'd love to put a Breloom in a Rocker costume, but I bet it's Pikachu only sadly.

I doubt such 'dressing up' applies to all Pokemon. It could just be one, or a small group. It might even be an option you unlock only by beating the contests for all we know.

My only question is: Why Pikachu, a pokemon that can only be found in the Hoenn safari zone in these games?

I doubt such 'dressing up' applies to all Pokemon. It could just be one, or a small group. It might even be an option you unlock only by beating the contests for all we know.

My only question is: Why Pikachu, a pokemon that can only be found in the Hoenn safari zone in these games?
Probably because Pikachu is the face of the franchise

Staff Note: Since we already have a thread for Contests, we're designating this thread specifically to Aime. So please keep those discussions in their respective threads. Thanks! :)

If contest based pokemon formea are available in Amie, something tells me that its going to become a
major factor in contest, if not an extension to its metagame. I can see them having two modes, one for battles the other for contests.

It is nice to have the Pokémon-Amie feature in ORAS.

Most of the great aspects of XY seem to be present in the remakes, except for the best part (char. customization) which is yet to be announced.

Anyway, the dress-up thing looks fun, but it is hardly likely that a lot of Pokémon will be "dressable".

Ew, I hope this is just some kind of unique Pikachu (if you look closely, it's the same female in all 5 outfits) and not something expanded to every Pokémon. Maybe you can win her as a reward for getting all 20 contest ribbons, plus the Champion and effort ribbons? Because I honestly don't see every one of the 718 Pokémon getting outfit options.

Let's all hope these cosplaying Pikachu aren't just restricted to this game, like the Notch-eared Pichu was stuck in HGSS since it couldn't be transferred out. I doubt GF would have enough man-power to give 5 different outfits to 700+ monsters in such a short time (that means 3500+ textures and wireframes to try to fit on every Pokemonmodel) so it would probably be restricted to a pool of smaller, cuter Pokemon like Eevee and first stage starters. It's a step forward to being able to dress up our Pokemon in future games!

I'm up for Hardrock Charmander, Madame Fennekin, and Doctor Oshawott.

Excellent, my favorite new feature in XY is back. I hope it persists as a standard feature in the series and never goes away.

I hope there are new mini-games to this Amie. The ones in XY weren't that great, in my opinion.

Well, any feature that persists for more than their debut game usually ends up as a staple in some form. I think.

I didn't really think they wouldn't add it as to why the hell would you bother doing that much animation for petting and feeding and facial expressions for every Pokemon to just scrap it? Same reason they got rid of sprites of Pokemon following you I presume...

But since the Pikachu are still wearing their clothes in Amie, if it is removable clothing then you can have it in battle? I wish with max hearts in amie you could mega evolve your Pokemon and pet them... maybe they'll add that? I doubt it but hey...

Well there goes Pikachu, getting all the fanservice again. Guess it can't be helped... I wouldn't really want to see a Braviary looking like that. *shudder* In any case, glad Amie's back. Now I can pet and feed my team in the Hoenn region!

I hate Pikachu...hate Pikachu...so much...
Seriously, Game Freak can we PLEASE get a new face for the franchise? Number 25 is all well and good but let's go for something a bit better designed and newer. Number 0 (Unova) is a good candidate.

I hate Pikachu...hate Pikachu...so much...
Seriously, Game Freak can we PLEASE get a new face for the franchise? Number 25 is all well and good but let's go for something a bit better designed and newer. Number 0 (Unova) is a good candidate.

So you'd rather Victini get the Pikachu treatment than Pikachu? What's the difference? Just because you like one more than the other? Then people would just start to hate Victini, as much as they hate Pikachu. I don't get it~

Mod note: It's fine if you don't like a particular Pokemon, but let's keep things on topic here shall we? This thread is about amie after all so while it's fine stating why you like/hate the new Pikachu outfits, let's avoid off topic debates about who would make a better mascot.

I enjoyed petting and playing with my pokemon in the original Pokemon X and Y games, so this would be a good experience. I hope theres more features other than just dress-ups, however.

I'm quite happy that Pokemon Amie is in the game. It's a nice feature and I liked the whole bonding with my Pokemon through it. I would like to see some more mini-games since the three in X/Y didn't leave much to be desired. Granted, I was only really good at the Berry Picking game, but having another couple of games or three brand new games to replace those three would be nice.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom