• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon-amie: new bonding feature

I have a bit of trouble getting some things to work, like smiling and winking, but tilting head seems to work fine.

I've noticed that very, very quickly (literally after the first battle with Shauna), when I connected to the internet, a whole ton of Japanese players were registered into my Passerby section on PSS. I'm assuming that the Quilladin, than Chespin, than Charmander which all belong to different people all appeared in my Froakie's Pokemon-amie thing because of that? Am I suppose to interact with them somehow? Halp

Just had my Floette break through Paralysis instantly after getting it for my sake, complete with a heart popping up. Currently got it on 4/5 hearts - you also progressively get more and more little prompts and interaction between Pokemon and trainer in battle.

I remember reading something in the rumours thread about 'blowing away a burn' or similar - haven't had that yet.

I have a bit of trouble getting some things to work, like smiling and winking, but tilting head seems to work fine.

I've noticed that very, very quickly (literally after the first battle with Shauna), when I connected to the internet, a whole ton of Japanese players were registered into my Passerby section on PSS. I'm assuming that the Quilladin, than Chespin, than Charmander which all belong to different people all appeared in my Froakie's Pokemon-amie thing because of that? Am I suppose to interact with them somehow? Halp
If you go to Decorate options and put a Poke Puff in the room, visiting Pokemon will start interacting with each other and even leave you a gift.

My Frogadier just endured a KO with 1 hp because of the bond between us. :)

I keep playing with my Bunnelby but nothing is really going up.

Is it because the camera function doesn't work and he gets upset when the DS can't tell I'm smiling and whatnot?

It still eludes me on how this damn thing is useful. I've heard bits and pieces but nothing coherent.

What does setting out a pokepuff do anyway, and why does it scare away the currently visiting pokemon? Is it to get a new batch of visiting pokemon?

It still eludes me on how this damn thing is useful. I've heard bits and pieces but nothing coherent.

What does setting out a pokepuff do anyway, and why does it scare away the currently visiting pokemon? Is it to get a new batch of visiting pokemon?
You need Pokemon Amie to evolve Eevee into Sylveon and the bigger the Amie bond your pokemon has with you the greater the chance of your pokemon enduring a hit that would KO it, healing itself of paralysis, it increases the critical hit ratio and evasion.

So how do you evolve eevee into Sylveon? I get you use pokemon-amie but....

Probably has to have full affection. I've heard some people say it doesn't even work then though, so maybe it needs full affection, fullness, and enjoyment?

As long as Eevee's affection is maxed and it knows a Fairy move, it will evolve into Sylveon. Mine just did a few moments ago and the only amie stat I had maxed was Affection.

Does anyone know if Pokemon-Aime helps for evolutions that go by happiness? Those types of Pokemon usually take forever to evolve.
It might ... I spent a lot of time with Riolu in Pokemon-Amie, never did anything that boosted happiness in previous generations (vitamins, massages, etc.), and I now have a Lucario before Lv.25 . Granted, I caught that Riolu at Lv.6 so he did spend a lot of time in my party anyway....

Heh, Sylveon, I didn't even try, all I did was treat it like the other members of the team with Poke-amie, lucky me, it had a fairy-type move first hand, and it evolved to Sylveon by second level up.

The feature is pretty sweet, petting my Pikachu/Fennekin/Amoura. :D

The effects are awesome as well, my Pokemon pulling off a lot of awesomeness due to the amount of time sent on Pokemon-amie. And the games are fun, I personally like the yarn one.

Ok, so I have played around with this feature but I don't fully get it. How do I know when my Pokémon is at fully affection?

Ok, so I have played around with this feature but I don't fully get it. How do I know when my Pokémon is at fully affection?

Tap your pokemon, then tap select.

It will show three bars. One has heart icon, another has macarons, another has music notes. A full heart bar signifies max affection.

The fastest way to obtain this (for me, personally) would be to spam the yarn ball game at the hardest level. Getting 5 stars gives you deluxe macarons that when fed to your poke greatly increase their affection. Alternate between feeding a macaron and petting to maximize hearts.

Last edited:

Tap your pokemon, then tap select.

It will show three bars. One has heart icon, another has macarons, another has music notes. A full heart bar signifies max affection.

The fastest way to obtain this (for me, personally) would be to spam the yarn ball game at the hardest level. Getting 5 stars gives you deluxe macarons that when fed to your poke greatly increase their affection. Alternate between feeding a macaron and petting to maximize hearts.

Ok, thanks for the input. I'll give that a try :)

I admit, I've spent a lot of time on Amie. My Braixen now has max affection, while my Skiddo and Frogadier are almost there. My others are also quite high, but not as high as the first three. And I must say, the bonus effects are quite nice. You get a boosted EXP total from battle, you get more fun battle messages (You did it! I knew you could do it!, for example) you're more likely to dodge attacks (my Braixen managed to dodge numerous attacks, even during a Horde Battle), and critical hits land more easily. And once I catch an Eevee, I can get a Sylveon. It's actually a lot of fun. I thought it'd be another gimmick like Contests or Musicals, but boy was I wrong. It has some nice benefits that are worth the expended battery energy. So i call it a win.

I admit, I've spent a lot of time on Amie. My Braixen now has max affection, while my Skiddo and Frogadier are almost there. My others are also quite high, but not as high as the first three. And I must say, the bonus effects are quite nice. You get a boosted EXP total from battle, you get more fun battle messages (You did it! I knew you could do it!, for example) you're more likely to dodge attacks (my Braixen managed to dodge numerous attacks, even during a Horde Battle), and critical hits land more easily. And once I catch an Eevee, I can get a Sylveon. It's actually a lot of fun. I thought it'd be another gimmick like Contests or Musicals, but boy was I wrong. It has some nice benefits that are worth the expended battery energy. So i call it a win.

I'll be honest, with something like the Pokemon amie, I'm a little disappointed there's no Pokemon Contest. Like, an updated version that takes full advantage of the new system.

With a France inspired region, they could of gone all out with the ritzy show pokemon thing. Furfrou just looks like a pokemon that deserves to be decked to the nines in ribbons and fancy accessories.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom