• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon-amie: new bonding feature

Disappointing Pokemon In Amie

Pokemon Amie is a brilliant feature that allows us to connect with Pokemon on a much more personal level than we could before. It's really helped highlight how adorable a lot of Pokemon can be, though some though fall very flat of our expectations. Some Pokemon out there have very few animations sadly and its rather disappointing. Some Pokemon when idle will do some adorable things, like Oshawott will do the cutest dance ever, while some like Shinx have no idle animations sadly. Are there any Pokemon out there that you had high expectations for in Amie, yet hardly do anything?

Guess who visited...another three Talonflames....I guess their conversations was about how they have to "babysit" Eggs all the time. xP

Well they ARE birds :p

The Only bird with Flame Body and Fly Services. The Perfect employee for Egg hatching xP Before Talonflame, I used Magmar and another spot for a Flying type. So TalonFlame is a breeders savior in my eyes! xD
(Alright, Moltres too, but FB is its Hidden ability, so...xD )

EDIT: This was a bit off topic, so back on tracks!

How are you guys doing on the Minigames on Pokemon Amie? Any highscores people would like to share? :p

I don't remember right now of my highscores, but I know I suck at the Puzzle game on Hard Mode and Unlimited! xD

Berry Picker Unlimited: 167

Head it Unlimited: 1299

Title Puzzle Unlimited: Two stars
I use volcarona instead of talonflame
my highscores(unlimited) are
berry picker: 88
head it:318
tile puzzle:253

I've had my shiny Druddigon in my Amie and it's...kinda intimidating. I guess he's trying to be cute but he really looks like he wants to take a bite out of your head. Mewtwo looks intense when he's in there; dude, you can relax a little! I'm not going to exploit you!

Shiny Golett is adorable, especially munching on Poke Puffs. So cute!

Teleported my creation trio and stuff a few minutes or so ago, and the Creation Trio is so interesting to watch. xD. Their 3D models are all a little weird, but oh well. o3o. It's funny how they eat. Giratina eats like a 95 year old grandpa, but Palkia is a a monster, while Dialga's all normal. xD. Haha. x3.
But the Darkrai's are just SO. DANG. CUTE. Ugh, no wonder I love Darkrai! I love petting both of my boys and giving them treats. Haha, so cute. >3< I have a feeling these guys will be my favorites to play with in Amie. ;D And Glaceon..?
Well, let's just say I died of cuteness when I started to play with my Glaceon. >3<

After I got Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter, I was finally able to treat my Volcarona, who has done so well for me (she soloed the Unova League, etc.). She may look intimidating, but I guess that adds to her charm. ^_^

@Berrenta; Volcaronas are beautiful :D

Speaking of Volcarona, I was petting my Helios and accidentally touched his wing, and my hand burned ;_; But I guess it should have been obvious...

Just sent over my shiny Palkia and he's such a cutie! I love his roars of happiness. And if you have a Mew, put it in your Amie. Dear Primus, I nearly died of cute playing with it.

This is so much fun it ought to be illegal.

Yep, looks like Mew is pretty cute in there! Unfortunately, no matter how much you pet or feed it, Steelix still looks like it wants to do something violent to me.

I can't use Amie with any other Pokemon without feeling like I'm cheating on my Pidgeot, though. :/

I've got Berry Picking Unlimited down - it seems that near onto about 120 it's just too quick to keep going so that's effectively the high score. I have no idea how you're supposed to get five stars on Tile Puzzle Unlimited, I only seem to be able to do two

Yeah, getting five stars on the Unlimited Tile Puzzle game was pretty hard. But now that I did it, I get five stars every time. You have to do a minimum of I believe 20 puzzles to get five stars.

Petting Sharpedo
- Trying to touch his teeth will hurt your hand. Obvious...

Roserade
- OMG this guy is too polite

Elgyem
- another pokemon that can eat despite having no mouth...

Elgyem
- another pokemon that can eat despite having no mouth...

Well, you see, rember my remark about Honedge feeding the forces of evil? Well Elgyem and Beheeyem teleport the poke-puffs as "bites" to the mothership on the other side of the moon, which are swiftly analysed to learn about human behaviour. Eventually, they will invade the planet and take over the minds of all Trainers and Pokemon.

I tried playing with Froakie, and I didn't like it. It had an emotionless face that looked like -_- the entire time. Are its evolutions any better?

They're still expressionless, but rather amusing.

If you have enough hearts with Froakie, it will tap the ground when you're not doing anything. I see it as if it is trying to get your attention :D

Frogadier is... a bit boring I admit.

Greninja's 'scarf' is really sensitive. He'll shut his eyes tightly if you rub the tongue scarf XD

I've got Berry Picking Unlimited down - it seems that near onto about 120 it's just too quick to keep going so that's effectively the high score. I have no idea how you're supposed to get five stars on Tile Puzzle Unlimited, I only seem to be able to do two
Once you pass 100, you seem to get Berry Master. I can get to the mid 130s on Berry Picker. After that, I'm just not fast enough usually. My high score is 142. And I completely suck at Unlimited Tile Puzzle.

Meowth and Mew will high five you. There's just something ridiculously cute about a Pokemon that's only spoken about in Legends wanting to slap hands with you. And Mew's angry face is freaking adorable; when I irritated mine by accidentally poking it in the eye, I had to laugh at the little fit it threw.

Beldum can eat even though it too, has no mouth whatsoever. And if you think Froakie is expressionless, Beldum is a lot worse, trust me.

When i try to "pet" Alakazam left spoon he does an angry face but when i "pet" the right spoon he doesn't mind, guess he likes his left spoon more than his right spoon.

When i try to "pet" Alakazam left spoon he does an angry face but when i "pet" the right spoon he doesn't mind, guess he likes his left spoon more than his right spoon.

Interesting. Sounds like it could be a reference to Baphomet and the Left-Hand and Right-Hand Paths.

I played with Cobalion, and it had the goofiest face ever when I was petting it.

Played with my Porygon2, and I wonder:

If feeding it a Puff, since the 'mon is digital, does it store the Puff in its memory banks to be processed? :XD:

Played with my Porygon2, and I wonder:

If feeding it a Puff, since the 'mon is digital, does it store the Puff in its memory banks to be processed? :XD:
Now suddenly, feeding a Golett makes a bit more sense. Either that or some of those puffs are actually energon.

So I've been tooling about a bit on my copy of Y and sent over a few Pokemon for my new team. One of them happened to be a Pawniard which I had been in my Amie on X. Imagine my surprise when I see that she still has three hearts of Affection. Guess trading doesn't affect the Amie stats all that much. (I'm glad to see that as I didn't really want to be busted back down to square one.)

Someone most likely mentioned this already, but Fennekin's angry reactions are adorable. The fur in it's ears actually sharpen! I thought it was pretty cool. And it's second angry expression IS SO SAD! It makes me cry want to cry T___T

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom