Pokémon-amie: new bonding feature

#TeamSword
Reaction score
I wonder if that's the rumored mini-game that raises EVs.

Reaction score
Re: pokemon amie-the new bonding feature

Gamefreak should just replace natures and IVs with this bond system. Since they are emphasizing caring and friendship like the anime, every Pokemon should be able to reach its potential.

Excessive breeding for natures and IVs seem like a puppy mill sort of tactic and would go against what they are trying to promote.

Yes you can control natures and IVs if you know how but I prefer to control what happens after I get a Pokemon not before.

Some randomness should still be there in the stats but if it's too little then it's a waste of time to program; if it's too much then you'll be back where you started.

The one once known as Alphaphlare
Reaction score
Iv's are based on "genetics", making them raisable would defeat the whole purpose.
Only a 3 get passed down anyways so they are really that strong genetics and them not raisable just encourages cheating. Even in casual it's an incredibly unfair system

oh my
Reaction score
Can't wait to pet my feed and play with my Wailord in the park! (;

Girl with the Ghosts
Reaction score
It'll be like Hey You Pikachu! But without Pikachu picking up the poisonous mushroom and trying to eat it when you are telling it to pick up the damn potato or whatever. So, you know, the good things about it AND battles and gyms! In other words, flippin' awesome.

#1 Wooloo Fan
Reaction score
Probably the most adorable thing ever, I love it.

I can't wait to do this with Pokemon like Pichu and Teddiursa, I'll explode from the cuteness.

total eclipse of the heart
Reaction score
Ooh I will adore this feature! 8D I've been wanting something like this for a while!

Reaction score
Re: pokemon amie-the new bonding feature

I'm kind of surprised so many people like this, I kind of hate it, I don't mind that its in there I just wont use it (hope it does not effect breeding) but it seems kind of silly to me. However, if you had to feed your pokemon berries and potions that way, I could go for that. Your Pokemon is injured, you go to the anime screen, pick up a potion and spray it on the pokemon, he gets back up, that could be fun, I could go for that. But I really don't want to sit there and pet digital creatures, sorry don't be mad at me :D

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!!
Reaction score
It'd be cool if you can increase a pokemon's happiness/friendship with this feature.

Bulbapædist
Reaction score
I really like that there's special animations in battles for high bonding. Even if it's just cosmetic, it's a great touch.

Reaction score
I really like that there's special animations in battles for high bonding. Even if it's just cosmetic, it's a great touch.
There are? If so, I agree it is a neat touch. For some reason I'm reminded of Secret of Mana where as your magic levelled up, so did its animation (and, in the endgame, spells levelled up beyond Lv.8 got extra-special animations).

like pepsi cola
Reaction score
I've been 'petting' my Pokemon whenever they win a battle for me for the past 10 years of playing...I just give the screen a little tap with the stylus (or in the old days, just rub my thumb over the screen). It just became a thing I did frequently, not sure why. Made me feel closer to the lil buggers, I guess.

Nice to know I'll finally be able to do it properly and that the pokemon will 'feel' it this time, haha

And I LOVE the cute way the pokemon dance and jump around all happy when you pet them!!! ^____^

From Leyend to Myth
Reaction score
So, what happens if you play this with a Magneton?

Alternatively: Petting Mesprit.

It'd be funny if the game was at least self-conscious about it. The pokethlon acknowledged Diglett on the jumping games, after all.

The Ugliest Trainer in Galar
Reaction score
They combined Pokémon and virtual pets in a main series game.
I will have zero chance at a life after October.
*dies of excitement*

Girl with the Ghosts
Reaction score
Did anyone notice that with really big pokemon it looks like you have to turn the 3DS upside down so the head is in the touch screen so you can pet it? Just figured I would point that out as an observation.

The Ugliest Trainer in Galar
Reaction score
Did anyone notice that with really big pokemon it looks like you have to turn the 3DS upside down so the head is in the touch screen so you can pet it? Just figured I would point that out as an observation.
Oh Arceus, imagine what petting Wailord will be like o_O