• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon-amie: new bonding feature

Mitchman

Simpler times ahead
Reaction score
Just confirmed on the ND. Feed pet and make faces to grow a relationship with your pokemon.

In otherwords pokemon chao garden. My life is now over.

Re: pokemon amie-the new bonding feature

Nintendogs + Pokemon = Pokemon-Amie.

I love it, makes up for the lack of walking Pokemon.

Direct intractability with your pokemon, the creatures the game constantly wants you to befriend and bond with?

Okay, I'll take it. Looks fun.

Love this feature! Looks really awesome. Another way to feel closer to your Pokemon. I want to see the eating animations for pokemon that don't seem to have mouths like Bronzong, Magnezone etc. Looking forward to this.

I really like it. Especially the part where you can copy your Pokemon's facial expression.

I honestly hope that using it will be optional. Otherwise... bleh, don't even wanna think about it

They're really embracing the whole French thing. Next gen when we've got a game in Spain we can look forward to Pokemon amigo.

Since I played Kingdom Hearts DDD and its simillar system with the Dream Eaters, I wondered if we'd see Gamefreak do something like that...glad to see they did.

The Pokémon-amie feature looks really cute. Finally getting to pet and interact with our Pokémon and it actually having an effect on our battles to some extent. Looks like it it'll be nice if there's no walking feature.

However, is Pikachu going to be the only Pokémon that says it's name while the others just use their in-game cries? That seems a bit unfair, but it is the mascot after all. Not mention that something similar happened in Pokémon Yellow. Anyway that aside, this looks like a cool feature that I'll definitely be using.

They're really embracing the whole French thing. Next gen when we've got a game in Spain we can look forward to Pokemon amigo.

Yeah, or a Pokemon Siesta

Generation 4 had Amity Square, Gen 5 had Musicals and now we've got Pokemon Amie. What do these features all have in common? They're all brand new ways to interact with your Pokemon... and safe to say, I didn't and won't be using any of them. No thanks.

I loved it, especially how they took care of the eating animations or that pokemon can move their whole body. I can't wait to use it >.<

the difference here is that musicals sucked.

I know for sure I'm gonna love this New Feature. I've always wanted to feed my Pokémon and not only do I get to do that but I also get to play my Pokémon (ahhh I'm going mad over here XD). I think people shouldn't be so negative about this feature besides I think some Pokémon may evolve this way here is a quote from the Official Pokémon Site "The more you play with your Pokémon, the friendlier they will become. Friendly Pokémon may perform better in battle, and maybe other good things will happen, too!" so yeah just a thought.

Pokemon amigo? Nah great liver your think too small. Greek based region with pokephilia. :D

The "friendly pokémon may perform better in battle" bit is the only thing rubbing me the wrong way about this Pokémon-Amie thing. If petting your pokémon does give it significant stat boosts, then it's pretty much not optional.

Other than that, though, it looks really interesting. It adds a level of reality to your pokémon (Whoa. They eat food that's not solely for battle purposes?), and sort of expands our roles as trainers. And I realize the bond mechanic tied in with this would lose a lot of potency if it had zero effects on battle performance.

Last edited:

I'm actually going to base a lot of my opinion on this on how they handle pokemon without mouths. Feeding a Beldum and having it have the same eating animation as any other pokemon will in my eyes cheapen this feature a lot. It would be nice if they had alternatives. Instead of feeding a Bronzor you instead had to wax it or something.

Pokemon amigo? Nah great liver your think too small. Greek based region with pokephilia. :D
Gen VI sequel confirmed, Pokemon XXX. Who else is excited for all that rule 34 to join the official canon.

Unlike most of the one-off features presented with each region, I'm actually somewhat intrigued by this. Simply because I've always wanted a minigame or game or something where you can actually take care of your own pokemon. It would be really interesting to see different pokemon act differently by nature and such things, and different species use different kinds of food/wax/other things to help make each species unique.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom