• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon-amie: new bonding feature

Re: pokemon amie-the new bonding feature

Gamefreak should just replace natures and IVs with this bond system. Since they are emphasizing caring and friendship like the anime, every Pokemon should be able to reach its potential.

Excessive breeding for natures and IVs seem like a puppy mill sort of tactic and would go against what they are trying to promote.

Yes you can control natures and IVs if you know how but I prefer to control what happens after I get a Pokemon not before.

Some randomness should still be there in the stats but if it's too little then it's a waste of time to program; if it's too much then you'll be back where you started.

Iv's are based on "genetics", making them raisable would defeat the whole purpose.

Only a 3 get passed down anyways so they are really that strong genetics and them not raisable just encourages cheating. Even in casual it's an incredibly unfair system

Can't wait to pet my feed and play with my Wailord in the park! (;

It'll be like Hey You Pikachu! But without Pikachu picking up the poisonous mushroom and trying to eat it when you are telling it to pick up the damn potato or whatever. So, you know, the good things about it AND battles and gyms! In other words, flippin' awesome.

Probably the most adorable thing ever, I love it.

I can't wait to do this with Pokemon like Pichu and Teddiursa, I'll explode from the cuteness.

Ooh I will adore this feature! 8D I've been wanting something like this for a while!

Re: pokemon amie-the new bonding feature

I'm kind of surprised so many people like this, I kind of hate it, I don't mind that its in there I just wont use it (hope it does not effect breeding) but it seems kind of silly to me. However, if you had to feed your pokemon berries and potions that way, I could go for that. Your Pokemon is injured, you go to the anime screen, pick up a potion and spray it on the pokemon, he gets back up, that could be fun, I could go for that. But I really don't want to sit there and pet digital creatures, sorry don't be mad at me :D

I really like that there's special animations in battles for high bonding. Even if it's just cosmetic, it's a great touch.

I really like that there's special animations in battles for high bonding. Even if it's just cosmetic, it's a great touch.

There are? If so, I agree it is a neat touch. For some reason I'm reminded of Secret of Mana where as your magic levelled up, so did its animation (and, in the endgame, spells levelled up beyond Lv.8 got extra-special animations).

I've been 'petting' my Pokemon whenever they win a battle for me for the past 10 years of playing...I just give the screen a little tap with the stylus (or in the old days, just rub my thumb over the screen). It just became a thing I did frequently, not sure why. Made me feel closer to the lil buggers, I guess.

Nice to know I'll finally be able to do it properly and that the pokemon will 'feel' it this time, haha

And I LOVE the cute way the pokemon dance and jump around all happy when you pet them!!! ^____^

So, what happens if you play this with a Magneton?

Alternatively: Petting Mesprit.

It'd be funny if the game was at least self-conscious about it. The pokethlon acknowledged Diglett on the jumping games, after all.

They combined Pokémon and virtual pets in a main series game.
I will have zero chance at a life after October.
*dies of excitement*

Did anyone notice that with really big pokemon it looks like you have to turn the 3DS upside down so the head is in the touch screen so you can pet it? Just figured I would point that out as an observation.

Did anyone notice that with really big pokemon it looks like you have to turn the 3DS upside down so the head is in the touch screen so you can pet it? Just figured I would point that out as an observation.

Oh Arceus, imagine what petting Wailord will be like o_O

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom