• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon-amie: new bonding feature

But there is the matter of the Battle Box -- Pokemon here can't be modified in any way as long as they are in it. I've never used it personally, but if it simply makes a "copy" of the registered Pokemon (the actual Pokemon remaining in your party or PC box) then yes, any EV grinding done in single player mode will not affect what's registered in the Box.

No, it's just another way of storing your Pokemon. If they're not locked into the Battle Box due to you entering a tournament, you can easily take them out, change moves or EVs or the like, and put them back in.

I think he finds his opponents being able to avoid his moves a bad thing.

Opponents as in trainers from the game? It hasn't yet been said whether or not they'll have the same benefits from Pokémon-amie as the player.

I think it's more about competitive battling.

How's it going to be balanced? Will it have an effect on competitive battling or will it all be equalized?

I think it's more about competitive battling. How's it going to be balanced? Will it have an effect on competitive battling or will it all be equalized?

I personally think that it would, mainly because I feel that bonding is similar to, or may even replace, the friendship feature. However, I won't make any major assumptions until it's confirmed.

If it does effect competitive battling, I don't see why'd there'd be any issue as long as your Pokémon have a strong bond with you.

i don't really caring for Pokemon amie, EV training stuff just sucks all the fun out of the game.

The second half of that sentence doesn't really correlate with the first half. EV training is pretty much just about improving your pokemon's stats, whereas Pokemon-Amie can be enjoyed merely as a fun feature to interact with your pokes - it just happens to be a fun feature with (as yet largely unknown) fringe benefits. If you wanna just use it like Nintendogs and make your Sableye giggle by petting its tummy, not caring about the secondary effects, you probably can. And if you don't wanna use it at all, that's probably an option too.

But saying that EV training sucks the fun out of the game is pretty subjective - I found that learning about IVs and EVs brought a whole new dimension of fun to the games. It made me feel like a better trainer for finally being able to unlock my darling pokemon's full potential. And IV breeding...that's an art form :3

Another feature I'm never going to use. I don't care about interacting with my Pokémon, as they're only digital tools I use to play (hence why I hated the walking Pokémon feature; I found it so annoying). I'm sure many people will find it fun, though. I hope those people enjoy it.

Next!

I don't care about interacting with my Pokémon, as they're only digital tools I use to play (hence why I hated the walking Pokémon feature; I found it so annoying).

That's like a Mario fan hating jumps ¬¬

Another feature I'm never going to use. I don't care about interacting with my Pokémon, as they're only digital tools I use to play (hence why I hated the walking Pokémon feature; I found it so annoying).

So heartless! I bet you don't even pet your dog and tell him that he's a good boy.

Your user avvie goes really well with that reply.

Then go play an action-RPG, not a turn/stats-based one.
I wont and after playing tons and tons of Smogon,no.
Accuracy and evasion are perfectly valid battle strategies.
Uh,valid? Its not allowed in PS!
Because PS is just like the DS/3DS carts, right? They are stats that can be modified through Items/Moves/Abilities just like the Attack/Defense/Speed stats, so I don't see what the problem is other than people being lazy and not wanting to deal with anything that forces them to adjust their strategy somewhat.

Come on, people. I was never a fan of Contests/Musicals, but I find my time is better served playing the parts of the game I enjoy rather than complaining about the ones I don't.

Your user avvie goes really well with that reply.

Then go play an action-RPG, not a turn/stats-based one.
I wont and after playing tons and tons of Smogon,no.
Accuracy and evasion are perfectly valid battle strategies.
Uh,valid? Its not allowed in PS!
Because PS is just like the DS/3DS carts, right? They are stats that can be modified through Items/Moves/Abilities just like the Attack/Defense/Speed stats, so I don't see what the problem is other than people being lazy and not wanting to deal with anything that forces them to adjust their strategy somewhat.

Come on, people. I was never a fan of Contests/Musicals, but I find my time is better served playing the parts of the game I enjoy rather than complaining about the ones I don't.
I was never a fan of Evasion techniques,just hope that the Opponents in the game don't have the same thing.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom