• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon-amie: new bonding feature

Accuracy and evasion are perfectly valid battle strategies.
Uh,valid? Its not allowed in PS!
What is this PS you speak of?
He is speaking of Pokemon Showdown
Oh, a battle simulator. Well, we all know that's unofficial anyway.

It's run by Smogon, which is the closest to official we have in the way of PvP battling.

Accuracy and evasion are perfectly valid battle strategies.
Uh,valid? Its not allowed in PS!
What is this PS you speak of?
He is speaking of Pokemon Showdown
Oh, a battle simulator. Well, we all know that's unofficial anyway.

It's run by Smogon, which is the closest to official we have in the way of PvP battling.

"Closest to official" here is still not official at all. It's just the most popular or best known in the fandom.

I'm pretty excited for this feature. In the Anime, they have always stressed that if you have a bond with your Pokemon, the Pokemon will be a better battler. Now they are bringing this out in the games, and all in all it seems interesting, especially if they work it out into Wifi battles.

Another feature I'm never going to use. I don't care about interacting with my Pokémon, as they're only digital tools I use to play (hence why I hated the walking Pokémon feature; I found it so annoying).

So heartless! I bet you don't even pet your dog and tell him that he's a good boy.

I don't have a dog. I actually don't even own a pet, heh.

That's like a Mario fan hating jumps ¬¬

Maybe. I just don't care about bonding with digital things.

I like this. It will give us a way to connect, and bond with them. I mean, there are Pokémon that only evolve if their happiness is very high, so this can make it more realistic. Speaking of which, I'm hoping this plays a factor in that.

I like this. It will give us a way to connect, and bond with them. I mean, there are Pokémon that only evolve if their friendship[/] is very high, so this can make it more realistic. Speaking of which, I'm hoping this plays a factor in that.

Fixed for truth.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Pokémon amie.Unlike musicals which were rather silly this one enw feature does seem interesting, I hope we're not dissapointed as with Musicals.

I like this. It will give us a way to connect, and bond with them. I mean, there are Pokémon that only evolve if their friendship[/] is very high, so this can make it more realistic. Speaking of which, I'm hoping this plays a factor in that.

Fixed for truth.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Pokémon amie.Unlike musicals which were rather silly this one enw feature does seem interesting, I hope we're not dissapointed as with Musicals.

How is Pokemon-amie comparable to Musicals?

Starting in Gen III, every game has introduced one mini-game that involves interacting with our Pokémon: RSE had Contests, FRLG gave us the Joyful Game Corner, DPPt featured Super contests, HGSS gave us Pokéathlon, BW introduced Musicals and B2W2 did it with PokéStar movies. I have the strong feeling that Amie is Gen VI's equivalent to these mini-games, and I hope it's not as disapointing as Gen V's minigames were.

Starting in Gen III, every game has introduced one mini-game that involves interacting with our Pokémon: RSE had Contests, FRLG gave us the Joyful Game Corner, DPPt featured Super contests, HGSS gave us Pokéathlon, BW introduced Musicals and B2W2 did it with PokéStar movies. I have the strong feeling that Amie is Gen VI's equivalent to these mini-games, and I hope it's not as disapointing as Gen V's minigames were.

That's basically why I was asking. This doesn't seem like the equivalent to those. It just seems like a new feature, that, hopefully, will be in future games, as well.

That's basically why I was asking. This doesn't seem like the equivalent to those. It just seems like a new feature, that, hopefully, will be in future games, as well.

Well, it's a minigame that's been strongely advertised just like the other features, that's why I get that feeling. As I said, it's a feeling, nothing more. I hope I'm wrong and you're right.

Well, it's a minigame that's been strongely advertised just like the other features, that's why I get that feeling. As I said, it's a feeling, nothing more. I hope I'm wrong and you're right.

Pokémon-amie doesn't seem to be a mini-game like contests and musicals were, though. Those were mainly added as a fun alternative to battling, where you had to go to a specific location for it and win prizes afterwards, while Pokémon-amie actually effects your gameplay where forming a connection with your Pokémon gives them more benefits in battle, and can be done anywhere. At least that's how I see it.

To me it seems like a new feature that mixes the concept of haircuts (friendship booster), Hey You, Pikachu! (Playing with/feeding/talking to/spending time with pokemon), and some attributes of walking pokemon (Pokemon interacting with you.) thrown in.

I mean you're not going up against anyone like the contests and musicals, you're just spending quality time with your virtual pet.

I agree. Pokemon amie is different in that it isn't an extra challenge besides Pokemon battles that you can perform. I too believe it's a whole different kind of feature to the others. Chances are we'll still have an extra challenge for us similar to musicals or films or contests.

Has it been confirmed that this feature is within the game? I've heard some talk that it may be an 3DS app like Dream Radar.

Has it been confirmed that this feature is within the game? I've heard some talk that it may be an 3DS app like Dream Radar.

The official strategy guide refers to it as a gameplay feature, along with horde battles and riding Pokemon so I'm pretty sure it's actually in the games.

Fixed for truth.

Was it friendship? I don't remember. Just shows you how much less of a fan I am anymore.

New info from Serebii:

The following may be attributed to Pokémon Amie based on the visual representation, but it still isn't clear

Paralysis: The Pokémon has a chance of healing itself from paralysis
Survival: The Pokémon has a chance of enduring a hit which would have knocked it out

If that's true, it's pretty amazing. I'm sure it'll motivate more people to use Amie. Especially Survival.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom