• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon-amie: new bonding feature

New info from Serebii:

The following may be attributed to Pokémon Amie based on the visual representation, but it still isn't clear

Paralysis: The Pokémon has a chance of healing itself from paralysis
Survival: The Pokémon has a chance of enduring a hit which would have knocked it out

If that's true, it's pretty amazing. I'm sure it'll motivate more people to use Amie. Especially Survival.

I can see that being incredibly helpful in Nuzlockes, unless of course, people choose to omit that feature in their runs. Still that's pretty interesting.

I am so excited for this feature! For so long, I just wanted to actually pet my Infernape and now it's coming true!

New info from Serebii:

The following may be attributed to Pokémon Amie based on the visual representation, but it still isn't clear

Survival: The Pokémon has a chance of enduring a hit which would have knocked it out

If that's true, it's pretty amazing. I'm sure it'll motivate more people to use Amie. Especially Survival.

I can see that being incredibly helpful in Nuzlockes, unless of course, people choose to omit that feature in their runs. Still that's pretty interesting.

Pokemonamie actually makes Nuzlockes more poignant, I'd think.

New info from Serebii:

Pokemonamie actually makes Nuzlockes more poignant, I'd think.

Because you bond more with your Pokemon? Ah yes, I can definitely see that. I too have bonded over certain Pokemon in my own Nuzlockes, so I can see that being the case. Although since Pokemon-Amie seems to make the game easier by chance (from what I read), some may choose to completely ignore the feature in favor of a more difficult run.

Unless of course, Pokemon-Amie turns out to be mandatory, although I don't think it will.

Unless of course, Pokemon-Amie turns out to be mandatory, although I don't think it will.

I honestly don't think it'll be mandatory. But maybe some Pokémon do perhaps evolve from this feature in which case you'd be forced to use it, whether or not it be for Pokédex completion or because you want the Pokémon on your team.

I can see myself wasting a lot of time with this new feature, petting my babies sounds fun and the chances of surviving certain hits only makes it better.

I can see myself wasting a lot of time with this new feature, petting my babies sounds fun and the chances of surviving certain hits only makes it better.

I'll be spending quite the time on Pokémon-Amie myself :D

I realized something. What if there are opponents in-game that have the factors of the Amie on their pokemon? Due to how unfair that would be, I think it would happen only in postgame, along with everything else the game throws at you because it can.

I realized something. What if there are opponents in-game that have the factors of the Amie on their pokemon? Due to how unfair that would be, I think it would happen only in postgame, along with everything else the game throws at you because it can.
It wouldn't be unfair at all. It would just make the battle slightly more challenging, if not somewhat annoying. Items make a greater difference.

they say pancham (the panda thing) will evolve from a method 'not known yet' ... perhaps pokemon-amie is that method? not to mention eeveelutions have been showcasing 'new evolution methods' since gen 2.... sylveon is probably involved there somehow as well.

they say pancham (the panda thing) will evolve from a method 'not known yet' ... perhaps pokemon-amie is that method? not to mention eeveelutions have been showcasing 'new evolution methods' since gen 2.... sylveon is probably involved there somehow as well.

Well, considering that all PokéJungle rumors were right up to now, Pancham will most likely evolve by having a Dark-type Pokémon in the party. Sylveon, on other hand, might be an evolution related to Pokémon-Amie.

Well, considering that all PokéJungle rumors were right up to now, Pancham will most likely evolve by having a Dark-type Pokémon in the party. Sylveon, on other hand, might be an evolution related to Pokémon-Amie.

so a kind-of symbiosis evolution? but didnt mantyke/tine do that with remoraid?

Yes. Yes it did.
but it is a little different, because its not a stupid fluff-baby pokemon.

it might actually tie in with genetics..... lets say its instead 'must be hit with an attack of X type to evolve.... it could be said the pokemons dna is receptive to and absorbs some of the power... causing the evolution? it could cause some stupid amounts of grinding for the right type attack to cause the evolution.... but it sounds like a cool idea.

Yes. Yes it did.
but it is a little different, because its not a stupid fluff-baby pokemon.

it might actually tie in with genetics..... lets say its instead 'must be hit with an attack of X type to evolve.... it could be said the pokemons dna is receptive to and absorbs some of the power... causing the evolution? it could cause some stupid amounts of grinding for the right type attack to cause the evolution.... but it sounds like a cool idea.

Or you have both the Pokémon that evolves through that method and a Pokémon that knows an attack of the needed type in a double or triple battle, have the Pokémon with the attack hit its partner with it, and boom. Evolution after the battle.

It is going to be interesting to see how the new pokemon will evolve and how the pokemon-amie feature will help too. I'm pretty sure that there are many pokemon that will evolve from that feature exclusively. My first bet is Sylveon is one of those pokemon.

It is going to be interesting to see how the new pokemon will evolve and how the pokemon-amie feature will help too. I'm pretty sure that there are many pokemon that will evolve from that feature exclusively. My first bet is Sylveon is one of those pokemon.

eeveelutions are typically used to showcase different evolution styles, it stands to reason.

eeveelutions are typically used to showcase different evolution styles, it stands to reason.

Not only eeveelutions, but pretty much any new evolution of an old Pokémon (as an in-story justification to explain why the evoultion wasn't available prior). In Gen II, Espeon and Umbreon were not the only Pokémon that evolved via friendship (baby Pokémon, and Chansey-Blissey did to). In Gen IV, Leafeon and Glaceon weren't the only ones that evolved due to thelocation (Magneton-Magnezone did too), so I'm pretty sure that, just like Eeveeanne said. whatever Syñveon's evolution method is (be it Pokémon-amie or another one), it will not be exclusive to it.

Not only eeveelutions, but pretty much any new evolution of an old Pokémon (as an in-story justification to explain why the evoultion wasn't available prior). In Gen II, Espeon and Umbreon were not the only Pokémon that evolved via friendship (baby Pokémon, and Chansey-Blissey did to). In Gen IV, Leafeon and Glaceon weren't the only ones that evolved due to thelocation (Magneton-Magnezone did too), so I'm pretty sure that, just like Eeveeanne said. whatever Syñveon's evolution method is (be it Pokémon-amie or another one), it will not be exclusive to it.

'showcase' meaning being a prime example of said new evolution method. sorry if i was unclear '-_-. but yeah.. i kinda figured it wouldnt be the ONLY one to evolve that way :) eevee is just so volatile in its dna that most new evolution methods affect it in some way.

Is it just me who apparently has the wrong face for any of the camera stuff to work?

It picks up on me tilting my head to go into the mode, but it won't accept any of my attempts at smiling, going wide eyed, winking, etc. I got 'close your eyes' to work - but at most I'd get on a roll of two of them being picked up, and then ending up disappointing the Pokemon by not getting all of them.

It is certainly a nice feature - especially minor things like not being able to touch Pikachu's cheeks. I wish you could have them all on the bottom screen and just jump in straight to any of them instead of switching - does anyone know if merely having a Pokemon selected does anything?

The mini-games are fun - they feel a bit like the Dream World stuff, but work far better with the stylus. It's also hilarious seeing them roll around on the bottom screen when rollerblading.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom