• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon-amie: new bonding feature

Something interesting I discovered -- if you pet the wrong spot on an ice type like Amaura or Avalugg, your hand will freeze briefly xD
I learned that the hard way with Litleo. (Makes me wonder how you're supposed to pet a male Pyroar.)

hmm.apparently,if you wanna deal with the face recognition issues,a good idea is to look at the camera,not the screen.guess that makes sense a bit.

I would do that and it still wouldn't register most actions.

I think I've been spending more time on Pokemon-Amie than I have playing the game. My Frogadier's at four hearts as is my Beedrill. And the animations for those two are so cute! I had my Beedrill Sting, popping up on the lower screen upside down as if saying, "Oh hello there!" I didn't think it was possible to make Beedrill even more adorable than it already is; this has proven me very wrong.

I so want a Golett so I can spoil the little guy. I'll bet it'll look so sickeningly cute...!
One thing I don't like so much about the battle quotes is that when one is on critical health it sometimes shows something like "It is almost going to cry". And then I feel guilty and spend much more Potions on them than I used to do.
O_O

On second thought, maybe it's a good thing I don't have a Golett. The protector instinct would rear its head almost immediately.

A few things I've noticed:

Kakuna doesn't have a fullness bar and if you give it a Poke Puff, it will not eat. You'll simply drop the puff while the Kakuna looks rather confused. I really hope that this is kept for Golett and Golurk. Also, Kakuna doesn't like being touched on the stomach. It only likes being rubbed on the head.

Do not touch the tuft of fur on Litleo's head or you will get burned. Also, don't pet it on the nose as it doesn't like that.

Petting a Beedrill's forearm stingers results in a defensive posture, so it seems safe to say that it doesn't want its stingers touched. It likes having its head rubbed, as well as its chest and lower abdominal region. I haven't tried touching the wings at all so I have no idea what may happen if you do.

Froakie will give you five if you hold your hand still long enough and that makes the little twerp pretty happy. It doesn't like having the white foam touched.

Pokemon who participate in the games but aren't in the Pokemon-Amie proper get more enjoyment than the one who is in there. I have a Bulbasaur with four full notes, as it helped with the Berry Picking game but it's affection and fullness haven't changed.

Once you hit three hearts, good things happen in battle. And they keep happening.

I think any small quadrupedal Pokemon will do that. The Eeveelutions do it as well. I do it all the time with my Jolteon and Sylveon~ It's just the cutest thing and a good way to up their enjoyment without playing the mini-games~

Amie is so ridiculously fun to mess with. Personally I find the buffs a little overpowered as they seem to be permanent (I assumed they'd last a day and each time you'd have to redo, but..) but the actual Pokemon interaction and minigames are great. I've wanted something to do with my Pokemon outside battles/contests for so long.

You can add sleep to the list of status effects that your Pokemon can snap out of.

My Pokemon "shook off" the sleep effect. Perhaps it will work with stuff like confuse and attract.

Does Pokémon-amie work in Wifi battles and in Battle Maison? I'd like to think that it would at least work in the Maison given how hax computers are.

Pokémon-amie: Must require face calibration tools for "Making Faces" mini-game...

Here is something they forgot to put in: Facial Recognition Calibration.

Since people are different, the game won't work properly on some people (Like me...).

Did Game Freak forgot to add Calibration tools before you use the mini-game?

Re: Pokémon-amie: Must require face calibration tools for "Making Faces" mini-game...

Pshaw, all people are thin Japanese men, so no need for that.

Also, Ralts hates getting its feet touched, I found out. Ivysaur also doesn't like its bulb thing petted, but Venusaur doesn't care if its flower is. At least, mine doesn't. xD

My Chesnaught has (probaly) max happiness, making it better in battles. Critical hits land more often, in-battle texts are shown about your pokemon caring about you (like breathing with you in sync, nodding in determination at you, etc), patting your pokemon's back after an opponet/wild pokemon faints, cheering for your pokemon after delivering a hit, caring for you so much that they avoid enimie attacks more often and finally, the best of all, getting rid of main status aliments (Poison, Parlysis, Freeze, Burn, Aslee) and making you less worried. All of these things are never mentioned in-game by any NPC, and is probaly a good reason (and good pay-off) from all that playtime with your pokemon.

My God, I LOVE Pokemon-amie. It is... awesome.

This is what I've always wanted in Pokemon. And it just makes me smile so much to pet my adorable Pokemon. (Particularly my Braixen. It is the cutest thing ever. @_@) The mini-games are fun (minus that puzzle one, which I suck at), and I love all the weird effects and messages that happen in battle. It's great to see a mere mini-game actually affect significant things. (Though I have no idea if it carries over to Wi-Fi battles. If it did, it'd be kinda overpowered there. But still kinda cool as well) I have so far my Braixen and Riolu at max affection. Working on my Charmeleon next.

Also, every Pokemon I touch seems to like being touched on its legs/crotch. O_O It's pretty silly. You'd think my Braixen would prefer its ear fluff, but I suppose not.

I don't really know what this does to the actual happiness value in the game, but I presume it boosts it by quite a bit. Or at least, I hope so.

I'm really enjoying Amie - for once I'll get the edge of my friends, with their "Pokémon are just a bunch of numbers attitude" :D My Fletchinder just endured an attack for the first time this afternoon (Dragon Rage, no less) and won the battle for it. How awesome is that! We're being rewarded for the same love we used to show our pokémon when it didn't matter

I don't believe Amie effects carry over into Wi-Fi battles. I did some random ones and the noticeable Amie effects did not come into play at all.

Last edited:
Honestly, I'm kind of glad they didn't allow Amie effects to come into play on Wi-Fi. It would be unfair to those who don't use Amie at all.

I suppose that's true, but Super Training is pretty much EV training, which a lot of people were doing prior to Super Training even being introduced.

I'm glad the effects of Pokemon Amie don't carry over to the wi-fi battles, it would make the game even more luck based, the game is already heavily luck based and with those effects strategy and prediction would play an even lesser role.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom