• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon-amie: new bonding feature

Has anyone seen Escavalier in Amie? It does this cute victory pose with happy eyes that just made me realize how cute that species can be. It doesn't like to be pet on it's body though, by which I mean it's actual body instead of the armor.

So i decided to play with a Porygon-Z i recently bred and good god it freaks me out, like the first time i fed him a poffin and after he ate it i was like "oh god he's spazzing out, what's the matter with him" and then he stops, i was seriously freaked out.

So i decided to play with a Porygon-Z i recently bred and good god it freaks me out, like the first time i fed him a poffin and after he ate it i was like "oh god he's spazzing out, what's the matter with him" and then he stops, i was seriously freaked out.

Haha, Porygon-Z does that no matter what. It does that during battle too.

Does anyone know how to make your pokemon appear asleep in Pokemon Amie? Not the one where they sleep when they have status problems (poison/burns etc), but actual sleeping - like, actually lying on the ground or something. Unlike 'sleeping' from status problems, it seems you can wake them up when they're actually sleeping.

I saw a clip of Froakie using his frubbles as a pillow in someone's Amie, and it was so cute - I wonder if I can see it happen in my game?

Does anyone know how to make your pokemon appear asleep in Pokemon Amie? Not the one where they sleep when they have status problems (poison/burns etc), but actual sleeping - like, actually lying on the ground or something. Unlike 'sleeping' from status problems, it seems you can wake them up when they're actually sleeping.

I saw a clip of Froakie using his frubbles as a pillow in someone's Amie, and it was so cute - I wonder if I can see it happen in my game?

I saw my evee sleeping while playing between 12AM to 2AM. And I actually woke my evee up.

Oh, I've seen piccies of that, like with Eevee and Fennekin curled up like real animals :3 I want to know how it is done too.

I've had something like that happen but only when my Pokemon had 4 hearts in affection. When they're at that level, you'll catch them dosing off but not really sleeping. My Lucario did something like this earlier this morning: he was sitting on the ground, dosing off and when I touched the screen, he rubbed his eyes and stood up. It doesn't seem to stick around though; once they hit 5 hearts they'll sleep standing up, which kinda weirds me out.

It's funny to watch some of them fall asleep, though. Golett will slightly slump forward while its little head bows and it starts snoring... it's so cute.

I'm pretty sure your Pokemon can appear asleep if it's fainted or affected with a status condition. I guess they're trying to sleep it off.

Like 10 minutes ago i thought my Froakie was bugged because his eyes were always closed in Pokemon Amie, i literally had to do a google search to make sure it was not a bug.

It makes him look like a badass though, it's like "My eyes are closed but i still can see your every move".

Last edited:

I found a new theory on the internet:

When your pokemon appears to be 'resting' in the Super Training screen, don't wake them up and go over to Amie and try playing with them. They would appear sleeping.

I don't have my game at the moment, but I'm going to test this out when I can.

Pokémon-amie has ruined me. Scolipede is so adorable!! When happy my in game scoli- Grappa wiggles around then does the cutest little glare when I pet her horns! When she was a whirlipede, she jumped and spun around really fast when happy! ;__; I would be severely poisoned and maimed in real life, I'm sure. I was surprised when later in the game, after fawning over my giant, adorable, venomous baby, she began to do better in battle! Been a little while since I've got so emotional over a Pokémon game . . . Scolipede!!~:crush:

When a Tyranitar was in my team (it's now in the battle box), it felt like he got annoyed when he did his happy reaction. My Pidgeot (part of my current team) does (nearly) the exact same thing.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom