• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon and humans the same?

Te-em

I want to rp!
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure about this but I think there is a book inte the library in D/P that says a long time ago pokemon and humans married because they were of the same race. So, were humans pokemon too, or what does this mean?

Hmm....

Good question.

Well, I always thought of it like this. Pokemon and humans are technically, two different species.

But, there may have been a time long ago, when most people and Pokemon thought of themselves as being one and the same - because they shared a very close relationship with each other.

I just took it as meaning that Pokemon and humans depended on each other, and relied on each other to live their lives. While it's still true, it's less of a necessity for humans to rely on pokemon as we now have technology. Back in the stone age, I imagine pokemon like Kabuto aiding hunter gatherers in their search for food, or Magmar's starting fire to keep them warm.

About humans relying on pokemon. Has any one played Legaia? It's like humans and seru right? But in Legaia humans are depended on seru because they have relied on them for so long. If never seru would have come to the humans, humans would have been able to take care of themsleves (they say that in the game). They were near to die out as the seru became their enemies.
In Pokémon, humans do not need pokemon to take use of the technology, and maybe they would be able to fight pokemon would they become enemies. Any way, in Legaia, humans did have technology, at least electric lights and video games, but almost all of that vanished in the war.
Maybe humans would be able to take care of themselves, but what if Pokémon turned against them?

And I think that Pokémon and humans were of the same race. Pokémon has taken the place of animals in the pokemon world, but humans are animals, too. What if humans were Pokémon, but evolved in a different way and became more intelligent, to create technology and such. Like they have in the real world. Maybe humans were a speices of Pokémon. They became Trainers just because they were intelligent enough to make monster balls and train pokemon.

This is one thing I love about the Pokemon World. You can question the capacity for intelligence some animals have, and although we've been realizing more and more how much they have and their abilities, you just can't deny that most Pokemon are easily on the same level as humans. Easily. Overall, I do think they're the same in a sense. Whatever they are, they aren't much like animals, or at least many. Oh yes, Pokemon could turn and kill a human without a problem. Heck, if they had the mind to, I'm sure they could wipe out the entire race. ...but then again, you know, besides the logic-having-no-place-in-cartoons factor about the human characters' fascinating abilities to take so many hits (ACTION HERO ASH and TR's blasting off every episode or so) could instead be..*gasp* a link to having been in a way derived from Pokemon. :0 Maybe Pokemon would have a bit of a problem wiping them out.

Pokémon are more intelligent than ordinary animals, but I don't think that even Houdin/Alakazam with its intelligence would create a great cilivisation of high technology. I like Pokemon because they understand humans and other pokemon so well.

It would be interesting if it were true. Maybe humanoid Pokemon like Raltz and Machop are the results of interspecies breeding between humans and pokemon?

Well, this is the Pokedex entry for Kadabra in FireRed:
It happened one morning - a boy with extrasensory powers awoke in bed transformed into Kadabra.

From Emerald:
It is rumored that a boy with psychic abilities suddenly transformed into Kadabra while he was assisting research into extrasensory powers.

Apparently, a (human) boy became a Kadabra (pokemon). But this is just those two games...

It happened one morning - a boy with extrasensory powers awoke in bed transformed into Kadabra.

From Emerald:
It is rumored that a boy with psychic abilities suddenly transformed into Kadabra while he was assisting research into extrasensory powers.

Apparently, a (human) boy became a Kadabra (pokemon). But this is just those two games...

Holy crap, you're kidding me.

...huh, it's true. Wow. How completely random it seems.

...the first thing I thought was that it has to be the closest to a superhero Pokemon storyline that wasn't a gag. XD;

From Emerald:

EDIT Forgot to write my message.

Good Grief, I wonder how he explained that to his parents?

If that's true then that shows that humans and some pokemon (humanshape type) are really closely linked.

I'd just assumed the 'people marrying pokemon' thing was just supposed to be metaphorical, but maybe not...

I think that Kadabra PokeDex entry is just a random story it wanted to show off, it's not specifically saying that's how a Kadabra forms.

Basically it's like a "Did you know...?" think instead of actual information about the main subject.

Also, some Pokemon seem to fall in love or at least like humans, as shown in the Orange Islands Episode with the Golduck (the one when Misty thought Psyduck had evolved), who only listened to her because it liked to show-off to girls; also, Meowth seemed to like being kissed by the two Hulla-Dancer girls in the "Meowth of Bounty" (Orange Islands) episode.

It would be interesting if it were true. Maybe humanoid Pokemon like Raltz and Machop are the results of interspecies breeding between humans and pokemon?

No, Humans came from generations of Pokemon inbreeding, I'll elaborate:

Our ancestors were a Machamp and an Alakazam, the Strongest and Smartest pokemon. They had many offspring, who inherited both their strength and intelect. and everything was fine until the offspring grew up. They saw themselves as a superior species to all other Pokemon. They developed a new language, that for the sake of this thread we will call "human talk" to separate themselves from these lesser species.

They became did not breed with any other Pokemon, not even Machamps or Alakazam, due to their parent species seeing them as abominations, and that they thought themselves superior, they would only breed with their own kind. Of course, this is where the problem starts, only one Machamp and Alakazam had actually bred with each other, to keep their species alive, the many ofspring bred with their siblings. Through generaions of inbreeding, they lost the ability of evolution, the magnificent strength of Machamp, and the intelect of Alakazam.

And so the human was born, not as smart as Alakazam, not as strong as Machamp, but yet still carries this belief that we are the superior species. The psychic abilities of Alakazam are still seen in some modern day humans such as Saffron's Sabrina, and many people still have the narcisistic attitude of Machokes.
***​

And there is my explanationas to humans and pokemon being the "same", although I hardly believe it myself.

Last edited:
Alakazam and Machamp...breeding?

DO you have a better explanation on how humans were created in the Pokemon world?

I think it's safe to say that the Galactic Grunts had way more Alakachamp (yes I named the offspring) inbreeding than other people. Did you notice how stupid they acted? My only explaniation for that level of stupidity is generations of inbreeding.

From Emerald:

My theory even backs up the Pokedex. This child obviously regained enough of it's telekenetic powers to turn back into a Pokemon, and I assume that (according to my theory) if a human builds his strength enough, and spends their time staring at their body in a mirror in their spare time that they will evolve into a Machoke.

Put the pieces together

This is how I see it, the whole mews off spring slowly get different thing then eventually they reach the point where this happens pokemon slowly start to become human-like, thats why there's a human-like egg group. Then eventually two pokemon, most likely a male Machoke and a female Alakazam, have children and create Meditite who the makes Medicham and with a bit more breeding and then we have humans who breeds with themselves only, originally out of pride then out of morals. This is why men are on average more muscular then women and women are more intelligent on average or at least are less arrogant. Occasionally the recesive gene of psychic abilities rears it's head in and arrogance constantly rears its head in (dominant trait). Thank you to L who helped me formulate this new theory so will call it the L theory
and remember keep it scientific.

Rougera is very human like. The most humanlike pokemon I know.

I prefer to think that most pokemon are similar in intelligence as us, only they chose to live with nature and not make devices to make their lives easier. It is possible that the humans of the pokemon world derived from pokemon themselves, although I interepreted that text in the library to mean that humans and pokemon once lived side by side in every way. They did not see each other as separate creatures, but as equals, friends, whatever else you can think of. My theory is that with the invention of the pokeball, humans gained the advantage over pokemon, and thus they became a bit more detached. Of course, we may never know the true story unless the people at Gamefreak give us one.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom