• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon and the Mandela Effect

It's not Mandela effect or anything, just me being mistaken, but there for a while I could have sworn that Lapras got an evolution in Gen II. I couldn't exactly picture it, but I was sure it existed. lol

I thought there was a gigantic computer in Zero Lab, right next to the elevator, but all there is is a series of large containment tubes*, and the only computers are small desktop ones nearby. I know there's a big one in the lighthouse but the one I was envisioning was even bigger, with multiple screens going up to the ceiling and a huge desk.

(*yes yes we all know the obvious joke)

I swore the world championships had been in Japan FREQUENTLY before the first external one was in Honolulu but apparently this year is the first time it's ever been in Japan and I don't know what happened.

Here's a good example. Bulbapedia has once proven there were ice cream bars of Pikachu, Gengar, Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, and Meowth. Whoever put that there probably had a Mandela Effect. We can only seem to find pics of Pikachu and Gengar. The other species appear in the ad and they said 6 bars came in a box but it could've been 3 Pikachu and 3 Gengar. An in-universe example, I theory, is Mallow saying Trial Captains retire when they are 20. Mina is 13-15 around Gen I and her parents are way old (at least her father's because he's a Gentleman). I do think that the LGPE is in the "Mega" timeline and Mallow just has a Mandela Effect. When you turn 20, you have to think about your future and maybe says that Captains need another job from being a Captain.

I used to think back when I first played Sun and Moon that Guzma and Plumeria didn't even have their own unique battle themes and simply shared theirs with the Team Skull grunts. Only when I decided to listen to the music tracks on YouTube did I realize that they did have their own unique battle themes.

Here's a good example. Bulbapedia has once proven there were ice cream bars of Pikachu, Gengar, Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, and Meowth. Whoever put that there probably had a Mandela Effect. We can only seem to find pics of Pikachu and Gengar. The other species appear in the ad and they said 6 bars came in a box but it could've been 3 Pikachu and 3 Gengar. An in-universe example, I theory, is Mallow saying Trial Captains retire when they are 20. Mina is 13-15 around Gen I and her parents are way old (at least her father's because he's a Gentleman). I do think that the LGPE is in the "Mega" timeline and Mallow just has a Mandela Effect. When you turn 20, you have to think about your future and maybe says that Captains need another job from being a Captain.
I thought that it was a "noncanon"\"its own continuity" thing. Such as them being different "cross-canon counterparts" of each other - much like how the anime usually has everyone being their game age at the same time, or even Pokémon Masters Ex.

But then I realize, Maybe LGPE is set the year before BW\15 years post RBY. Although Red, Blue, and Green also look like kids.

So then I thought maybe each gen is its own timeline? And thus what happens in one might not happen in other and Mina may have been born in different time.

So in the Gen 7 Timeline, Mina is born in 1997, and in the Let's Go Timeline, Mina is born in 1982, and timetravels from 1997 to 2012.

And for Mina's parents, maybe they were born in 1956, and in the Gen 7 Timeline they had Mina at age 41, and in the Let's Go Timeline they had Mina at age 26.

I thought that it was a "noncanon"\"its own continuity" thing. Such as them being different "cross-canon counterparts" of each other - much like how the anime usually has everyone being their game age at the same time, or even Pokémon Masters Ex.

But then I realize, Maybe LGPE is set the year before BW\15 years post RBY. Although Red, Blue, and Green also look like kids.

So then I thought maybe each gen is its own timeline? And thus what happens in one might not happen in other and Mina may have been born in different time.

So in the Gen 7 Timeline, Mina is born in 1997, and in the Let's Go Timeline, Mina is born in 1982, and timetravels from 1997 to 2012.

And for Mina's parents, maybe they were born in 1956, and in the Gen 7 Timeline they had Mina at age 41, and in the Let's Go Timeline they had Mina at age 26.

Think of it like how the protagonists swapped roles from Gen III-VI and in Legends. For example say you picked Brendan and May is Professor Birch’s daughter, you pick Hilbert and Hilda is your battle and partner. It’s almost like that except that it’s neither Elaine or Chase you encounter.

As for the timeline. I think you should watch Bird Keeper Toby’s video to understand. Anywho, Red and Blue are the same age from there debut (10-ish) and Red’s Alola Attire has a shirt with “96” on it and it probably represents the year he became champion (1996). Mina is like a little older than the protagonist (who’d be 11-19). She is the same boat as Wally who’d be like in his 30s. Red and Blue look like they haven’t aged up from B2W2 while Caitlin has. It’s stated she was 14 when she was introduced and we will use 1999. 2 years ago in 1996, she’d be 11. I don’t know how old she is when becoming an Elite Four member. Grimsley is stated to appear in Alola since 2 years after B2W2 appearance so it’s about 2014. If Red and Blue are 30 and Caitlin is 31 during the Gen 7 events and she would be 30 when B2W2 XY events occur. Eventually, we have Mustard who’s in his 60s and has a son named Hyde who’s about Hapu, Tate & Liza, and Bonnie’s age. Honey looks middle aged (40s I guess). Again, the sprite used for Mina’s mother isn’t a trainer class but can anyone tell me which gap the sprite is in. Mallow could mean to have something else once they turn 20. That’s what she says in English. Could anyone translate her quote in Japanese, please? Mallow just has a Mandela Effect. When anyone reaches 20, they can move on but still do stuff from their childhood.

At one point I could have sworn that the Dragon type had a weakness to Fighting — the logic being that Fighting "slayed" Dragons. Though this is less "Mandela effect", and more like "I probably just confused that analogy with Dark somehow".

I also thought, despite knowing that Spoink was introduced in Gen 3, that Grumpig was from Gen 2. (I also shared the common misconception that Skarmory and Slugma were from Gen 3, due to them appearing on Route 113 and Fiery Path!)

But the only real example that comes to mind for me is...
I've never understood that old "Pikachu with a black tail tip" example, but for some reason I have a vague recollection of Pichu looking different at some point in my life. I seem to remember it with big triangular ears like a cat, rather than the diamond-shaped ones it actually has. In fact, when I saw the beta Pichu design from the 1997 GS demo, it immediately seemed really, really familiar to me — despite, obviously, having never seen it before. Weird!

A lot of you don't seem to understand what a Mandela Effect is. A Mandela effect is specifically a shared false memory. If only you remember it incorrectly that's not shared, it has to be multiple people that remember it differently.

I can't really think of any legit Mandela Effects off the top of my mind for this. As far as personal false memories though, initially I thought the default name for the male MC in Masters EX was Robbie, not Scottie. Led to a very awkward and embarrassing moment in the Masters Discord.

A lot of you don't seem to understand what a Mandela Effect is. A Mandela effect is specifically a shared false memory. If only you remember it incorrectly that's not shared, it has to be multiple people that remember it differently.

I can't really think of any legit Mandela Effects off the top of my mind for this. As far as personal false memories though, initially I thought the default name for the male MC in Masters EX was Robbie, not Scottie. Led to a very awkward and embarrassing moment in the Masters Discord.
It's still the same idea, though: a memory that is treated as fact when it is false.

It's still the same idea, though: a memory that is treated as fact when it is false.

It's similar but not really the same. A Mandela Effect is a subset of a false memory, it's something a little more specific. A false memory can be any kind of incorrectly remembered fact, a Mandela effect is a false memory that multiple people have.

I assume Mallow has a false memory of Trial Captains retiring at 20 (since Mina is 33-35 and is a Captain) in-universe. Maybe Mina is a crook.

The Pokémon popsicle one is definitely a Mandela Effect as a lot of people remember having a Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, and Meowth pop but nothing seems to show up aside from Pikachu and Gengar.

Please note: The thread is from 10 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom