• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon and Zelda Monopoly coming to U.S.: Special edition games to be released this

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Pokémon and Zelda Monopoly coming to U.S.: Special edition games to be released this September

USAopoly recently revealed at the 2014 American International Toy Fair that two new Nintendo Monopoly products would be hitting high-store shelves this September.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Pokémon and Zelda Monopoly coming to U.S.: Special edition games to be released t

Why is this being based off the Kanto region when the older one was also based off it? It would make much more sense to feature the Kalos region, since it's brand new, or even the Unova region since it's loosely based off the USA.

Re: Pokémon and Zelda Monopoly coming to U.S.: Special edition games to be released t

I suppose it would be to make it more appealing to older fans, who are probably more likely to play monopoly.

I pretty stoke about this. I love Monopoly, and with it coming out a Zelda and Pokemon edition, I feel like jumping up and down!

I suppose it would be to make it more appealing to older fans, who are probably more likely to play monopoly.

I agree with you on that. And did you copy my avatar? 0_0

BTW, I think these pieces would be nice:

Pokemon: Pokeball, Pikachu, Chespin, Froakie, Fennekin, Thimbl- i mean, Slyveon

Zelda: Triforce, Master Sword, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Midna's headgear thingy, Hyrulian Shield

So an exact replica of the 1999 board is far more appealing than one that's actually new and different?

So an exact replica of the 1999 board is far more appealing than one that's actually new and different?

I don't think that was the point he was trying to make. He was simply stating that basing it on the Kanto region would be more appealing to the older fans who grew up with the original 151 and they would be more likely to pick up the game because of it.

Nope I'm sick of favoritism towards genwarmers either they play the new games or they're not actual Pokemon fans and just posers.

Nope I'm sick of favoritism towards genwarmers either they play the new games or they're not actual Pokemon fans and just posers.
EXACTLY! Seriously, would it kill them to try a different region for a change? They already have a Monopoly for Kanto!

I think it's rather dumb as well to have it based off of Kanto. Not that I would have bought it if it was based on any other region though. :p

Isn't $45 a little expensive? I understand they're special edition, but the most I've paid for a board game was $20..

That's what I meant, appealing to Genwunners, I would have preferred it to be based on Kalos, or Unova.

Also, I chose Chestnaught because he's awesome, there is no relation to you.

If it's $45, I hope it has some of the electronic features the more recent releases have had.

I agree with everyone else that basing it off the Kanto region is a really stupid idea. It's too similar to the original that way, which some older fans probably still have (myself included).

It'll probaly start off with the lowest form of land being the starter town, and the highest form of land (in price, presumely pokedollars) will either be Victory Road or the Pokemon League. I thought of some cool ideas for Chance cards:

-Taxes would be replaced with tips, like in Pokemon X and Y

-That beuauty contest 2nd place card will be about how you won the contest for best PR video, and so on.

Pokedollar notes would also have Pokemon in them:

1P: Pikachu and Pichu Bros

5P: All 3 Starters of Kalos

10P: Fletchling, Bunnelby and Scatterbug

20P: All 3 Starters of Kalos (1st Evolved Form)

50P: All 3 Starters of Kalos (Final Evolved Form)

100P: Mega Evolutions of the 3 Kanto Starters (Excluding Mega Charizard X sadly)

500P: Xerneas, Yvetal and Zygarde (the 'Aura' Trio)

I might add more later.

Given the fallout with Hasbro subsidiary WotC over the TCG, I'm kind of surprised this is coming back. Maybe there's still hope for Pokemon Scrabble.

Mod Note: Please refrain from the use of the word Genwunner. It is not allowed due to its common use of singling out and insulting a part of the fandom. Thank you.

There are almost enough regions to based each coloured property set off of one. With each one being a major location in that region.

Then you build 4 marts/pokecenters and finally a Gym.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom