• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Anime Continuity Discussion Thread

See that was my understanding of what ended up happening with Greninja, he was going to stay in Kalos forever as some sort of guardian. But for most of Kalos I was watching same day subs so maybe other people have a different understanding than I do. At that point why even keep the Pokeball? But perhaps maybe he intends to rejoin with Ash at some point or maybe they wanted to keep the door open.

But then I still have to wonder why he would keep Goodra's Pokeball when I'm fairly certain he was going to stay in Kalos at least?

The other possibility is that it was some sort of error, they may have started work on sun/moon without knowing how XYZ was going to end. Or maybe the people working on sun/moon just assumed Ash would have at least six Pokemon coming out of Kalos since that's always been the way it was in the past.

Given Ash-Greninja's popularity, he'll be back sooner or later. Charizard, Brock and Misty can testify that. And so does Jigglypuff.

I think he still has monster balls of all the pokemon he "released". He never officially give up on them.

Also the beginning of Best Wishes feels just as disjointed from the end of Diamond and Pearl, even moreso because of the "Unova only" thing that SM doesn't have with Alola.

There were some back then who were 100% convinced BW was a reboot. XY to SM transition feels very similar to DP to BW overall.

But are these two Kanto episodes in the same continuity as the rest of Sun and Moon? :eek::eek::eek:

I'm pretty sure the continuity is just as the anime presented it so far. Writers discussed other regions being visited and other former companions possibly being met as well so it basically confirms the order the anime was released in is the timeline.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom