• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Anime General Chat - Talk about non-Anime things!

Re: Pokémon Anime General Chat - Talk about anything!

By the way, that's a great idea to have a thread like this for all kinds of questions. :)
*looking for the like button*

Ah, you see, it's actually not ^^"

The idea behind this thread is that Anime regulars can relax and talk about anything not related to the Anime so that they can bond and get to know each other better. I mainly answered your question as it was a small one.

I see but I'm also a bit confused now. The thread itself is called Pokemon Anime General Chat and lots of posts focus on the show, but now you're saying we're not supposed to talk about the anime. :?

It refers to the forum that the Chat is in, similar to the other chat threads in the other forums.

And no, lots of the posts don't. Roughly 4 or 5 of them are about the Pokémon anime, and they've all been asked to take it a different/new thread.

The OP is very clear with its rule:

Rules

1- Please post all relevent discussion to the Pokémon Animé in the already existing threads in the Pokémon Animé section. If you want to discuss a subject pertaining to the Pokémon Animé that is not the topic of a thread, feel free to create a thread to discuss it.​

I don't particularly see how you missed it ^^"

By the way, that's a great idea to have a thread like this for all kinds of questions. :)
*looking for the like button*

Ah, you see, it's actually not ^^"

The idea behind this thread is that Anime regulars can relax and talk about anything not related to the Anime so that they can bond and get to know each other better. I mainly answered your question as it was a small one.

I see but I'm also a bit confused now. The thread itself is called Pokemon Anime General Chat and lots of posts focus on the show, but now you're saying we're not supposed to talk about the anime. :?

It's called the Pokemon Anime General Chat Thread because it refers to the Pokemon Anime Section's community. It doesn't refer to the Anime itself.

And since it's called General Chat, we can talk about anything :)

EDIT: Ninja'd

I think it's easier to understand when read as the general chat of the Pokemon anime section, not a general chat about the anime.

And welp, there are a lot of already-existing threads that would be better off being used for anime-related questions/statements so it's better to go there to prevent them from falling out of existence. I do understand wanting to ask questions that don't have their own thread in the chat, though, but I guess it'd be better to create a separate thread for that so the discussion can branch off into its appropriate thread for better organization. That and I'm sure others would like to know whatever it is you're asking; it'd be easier for them to find things if they weren't buried somewhere in the General Chat.

edit: also ninja'd

It's called the Pokemon Anime General Chat Thread because it refers to the Pokemon Anime Section's community. It doesn't refer to the Anime itself.

And since it's called General Chat, we can talk about anything :)

EDIT: Ninja'd

Lol, one of the first things I saw when I came here was that Cynthia-related post by Commander Pig, so I was like " Yeeeah, awesome!" :D
But now that we have the freedom to talk about other things as well, I've got to say that it's actually pretty hard to think of something else (than her ^^)

Edit: My 1,000th post. Now that's the right thread for it :D

Why the fuck is my notification bar flashing green. Who does it think it is, Dento?

And lol, QC. Congrats! Yeah, I quoted Cyntha in front of hundreds of people, no big deal XD

Why the fuck is my notification bar flashing green. Who does it think it is, Dento?

And lol, QC. Congrats! Yeah, I quoted Cyntha in front of hundreds of people, no big deal XD

That's what I call a worthy member of the Cynthia Club! :)

Yeah, kinda like how Team Rocket got a lot of interesting backstory and development in Kanto and then later on they got to be nothing but the buttmonkeys of Pokemon, of course Musashi's Contest and somewhat competence sort of helped but, in the end wasted. :/

I think TRio always continued to "shine" on the show even with James/Meowth's limited focus in recent years... it's only in BW that you can try to compare them to how much ignored the other warriors became in Sailor Stars (though it's really different kinds of show and characters, so better not even compare them at all)

I honestly think Takeuchi just wanted to be done with Sailor Moon as a whole,

I doubt it... when will people realize these creators aren't doing it for their fun but for money? even if they truly love what they create... I doubt she wanted to stop doing it even if she "felt it'd be right", if she could continue it and continue to get more money out of it (which she did... and I'm sure if there was enough demand for it, she'd further continue or remake it or something... but sadly I can't see that ever happening)

Actually in the Sailor Moon, Drama "Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon." Nephrite and the other Dark Kingdom soliders aren't killed completely they appear later on seeming to be reincarnated and if I remember correctly I don't think they die in the Manga then again I didn't read it. The "Mio Kuroki" arc is just writing at it's best ^^
Chibiusa leaving was a awful choice, but if it makes you feel any better in PGSM they sorta have Luna become the Chibiusa of the series XD IF you haven't seen it watch it, NOW. :p

I watched the live action, it was nice, but the anime is sooooo much better... and I hated their Mamoru... I'd take the recent fan made movie's Mamo over him any day, both look and personality wise... (talking about this fan made movie, they totally should do more... it was awesome for something made by fans, even if they took donations)
I don't remember what exactly went with Nephrite and the others in the live action but I don't really care cause they're all completely different characters from their anime counterpart... I really liked anime!Nephrite and it was mainly due to his story with Naru... that's not relevant in the live action, where I didn't really care much for him
And don't dare comparing Sailor Luna to Chibiusa... I hated Sailor Luna X_X they should've kept her as a regular cat and that's it... ok, maybe I'm exaggerating saying I "hated" her... but I didn't like the idea =X and if that was their try at "Chibiusa" of the live action, I think it failed...

I think that no matter how many time I play it, I will always find something new about Final Fantasy VI to love. I seriously can't think of any game I like better.

I think that no matter how many time I play it, I will always find something new about Final Fantasy VI to love. I seriously can't think of any game I like better.

Final Fantasy VI is definately one of the best Final Fantasy's...right up there with IV and IX IMO. Too bad the series has gone downhill with the latest installments.

I enjoyed XIII and wish it didn't get as much hate as it does. It's no VI, of course, but it's still a damn fine game.

lksjlaldjfajdks college textbooks Y U SO EXPENSIVE

I enjoyed XIII and wish it didn't get as much hate as it does. It's no VI, of course, but it's still a damn fine game.
I think the only FF game I've ever not enjoyed that much was XII. It had its good parts (mostly anything dealing with Balthier, Fran, and Larsa), but the dialogue was... something else. The battle system got on my nerves too, but since I'm a fan of turn-based RPGs, I'm probably a little biased. My brother liked the Gambit system.

VI however, was definitely the best FF. It had the beautiful ability to take a ton of characters and not only make them unique, but give them ALL compelling backstories and characterization. Love, love, love that game.

lksjlaldjfajdks college textbooks Y U SO EXPENSIVE
My favorite thing about buying textbooks for college was when I had to buy a $100+ textbook for a class, used it like three times all semester, and then found out when I tried selling it back that there's a new edition coming out for the next semester and they won't buy it back. ;_; I saved a lot of money using Amazon instead of the school bookstore, but even then the books were stupid expensive still.

I got into Final Fantasy VI late. I played it after the seventh, eighth and ninth in the series, but it's still one of my favourite games of all-time. I didn't think something with such dated graphics could have an effect on me story-wise, but boy, was I wrong. I think the GBA version is even better than the SNES original.

Well, the translation is a hell of a lot better, for starters.

And I think the graphics in VI have aged really well. I think it looks better than Pocket Monsters Black & White, and it came out over a decade before those games did!!

No love for Final Fantasy X?

Plenty of love from me, even if I do like IV, IX, V and VII more. The game has a lot of annoying problems, like a linear main adventure, dull puzzle sections and overly difficult & irritating mini-games, but I can forgive all that when the battle system is fantastic. Out of all the Final Fantasy games I've played so far, it's the closest the series has got to matching Pokemon battles in strategy. It also broke the previous 9999 damage limit, and has my favourite collection of Super Bosses - Defeating Penance (without Zanmoto) gave me an unmeasurable feeling of triumph.

X-2 wasn't all that good, though. There were far too many recycled enemies and locations, and the battle system was nowhere near as fun. But worst of all, it took all the most annoying aspects of X and turned them up to eleven. (or 10.5?) Even to this day, I can't decide if I like the game or not.

Last edited:

X is definitely my favorite Final Fantasy of all time. Perhaps it was the fact that it was my first FF game that the linearity didn't bother me, but even going back to earlier games, I still love it.

And I love X-2 as a guilty pleasure. :3

I did like X as well. It did a great job on a lot of the characters, and it was interesting to see how they progressed from wanting to summon the final Aeon at all costs to "holy crap, the church of Yevon has been lying to everyone forever, screw that crap, let's figure something else out." I wanted to knock Tidus's whiny face into a wall on more than one occasion (and on an unrelated note, blow up the Blitzball court), but the other characters were still pretty well done. The battle system was excellent as well - it was nice choosing what stats/magic to boost instead of it being programmed for you. And the turn based battles still required a lot of strategy. Especially in the gazillion battles against that douchebag Seymore. And Yunalesca.

Even though I liked the sphere grid, my favorite level up system was in V, with the class changes. Oh man, did I have fun with the class change system. ♥

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom