• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Anime General Chat - Talk about non-Anime things!

Classes don't begin for me until Friday and I'm at my wit's end trying to find something to amuse myself with. Yesterday I spent literally all day playing The Sims 3 because there was nothing else to do (and because a simple 10-minute room reorganization takes 2 bloody hours on my computer).

If nothing else, I want this stupid semester to begin so I have something to keep me occupied. I wanted to put off finishing Harry Potter until then but I don't think I'll be able to put up with the boredom for three more days. @_@
I'm actually dreading summer now. Three month vacation and I'll only be out of the country for one. My parents aren't touristy types either, so unless I can find a summer job I'll be even more useless and lethargic than I am now. Hooray!

Semester started for me, it's not going to be as bad as projected, but it's still awful. I have like 40+ pages of reading for each class per week plus weekly assignments (for one class it's ~80-100 pages) so ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Let's see, my projected semester:

for one class i have to write two 3-page papers in APA format (i've only ever written in MLA so this should be interesting). same class also has 4 exams.
for orgo i have homework assignments due every lecture, a takehome midterm that i do throughout the semester, and three other exams. oh and a lab is attached to it that alone could count as a 6-credit class. lab write-ups take 5-6 hours and prelabs take 3-4 hours.
for another class i have a 3-5 and 5-8 page paper and two exams
and for the last i have two 6-8 page papers and two exams

on top of all of the readings for each class... OTL

Last edited:
I've gotten annoyed with the whole "buy this textbook that we'll either never use or use once" deal at my school so I started buying them only when I feel like I'd actually need 'em. Last semester my math prof assigned homework from the textbook we had to get but never actually checked it... the book was like $120+ used. I never did get it and still landed an A lol. Gotta save that money!

I've gotten annoyed with the whole "buy this textbook that we'll either never use or use once" deal at my school so I started buying them only when I feel like I'd actually need 'em. Last semester my math prof assigned homework from the textbook we had to get but never actually checked it... the book was like $120+ used. I never did get it and still landed an A lol. Gotta save that money!

Quoted for truth, textbooks are so overpriced you'd think they were Apple products. My department always had spare copies in the labs that nobody ever touched anyway, which saved me about $500 a semester for the few times I used them. To add insult to injury, most science textbooks are about 5-6 years out of date with the most current research anyway :\

The other thing you can do is check them from the university library which usually carries most textbooks used in class. Might be last edition, but sometimes, that means like... 2 pages less content. It's a racket. :p

Textbooks definitely are reallyyy overpriced. I always buy them used and sell them back at the end of the semester x_x'

And yeah we did have them at the library, but the borrowing time is two hours a day which isn't enough for me (don't believe we can extend the time either) since the due date for assignments is usually very close to when we're actually given them. If we want to borrow for a few days/weeks/months it'd be considered renting which costs money. And making copies costs money per page too... usually I'd have 20-100+ pages to make copies on. I'm very stingy with my money but if I actually can't find any other way to do an assignment I'll go to the library. >:

I just straight up rent.
Last semester I tried to borrow one of the math books from the library to do homework with, but the last copy of the version we were using in class got snatched up by some other chick and the earlier editions didn't have the problems I needed.

I'm too stingy to buy books, especially knowing that to get rid of them I would have to sell them at a huge loss. At my college, even the like-new books seem to resell at $40 tops. Meanwhile, I can rent books for $40 a piece and save myself the hassle of reselling.

I still need to sell some of my old books...

If my Supernatural season 5 doesn't arrive in the mail tomorrow, I'll cry. Withdrawal symptoms aren't nice.

We have privately owned sellers that buy our books back for more than the bookstore would buy them back.

I've gotten annoyed with the whole "buy this textbook that we'll either never use or use once" deal at my school so I started buying them only when I feel like I'd actually need 'em.
Yeah, that happened to me back when I was in high school. An English textbook about grammar we never used. Hell, spelling/grammar ain't on the syllabus no more! Wouldn't have struggled so much with high school English if they covered stuff we'd really need in life instead of poetry and all that literary analysis rubbish.

While I'm on the topic of my high school experience, when I first started (about a decade ago. Whoa), I didn't receive a list of needed textbooks while everyone else did. Then the bookshop had run out of a geography textbook I needed. The best part? I was gonna get in trouble by not having it! I think detention was on the list. How the hell are you supposed to do anything about that?

I totally have little to talk about my life except stuff from my high school days.

I always buy books every semester, even though I barely use them. Not sure about this semester, my classmates are suggesting to not buy them (like they do almost every semester).

I totally have little to talk about my life except stuff from my high school days.
And I'm here talking about college stress. I missed high school... :/

Sigh...today I decided to play my Kingdom Hearts 2 game that I haven't play in MONTHS...

Apparently I gotten so used to the mechanics of KH: ReCoded that I kept on DYING in KH2....

Does anyone else remember the Where in _ is Carmen Sandiego? kiddie Game shows?

Or the animated TV series?

And what is the game show's connection to the Bicentennial Man movie?(cookie for getting it right)

Does anyone else remember the Where in _ is Carmen Sandiego? kiddie Game shows?

Or the animated TV series?

And what is the game show's connection to the Bicentennial Man movie?(cookie for getting it right)
I had one of the CD-ROM games. I thought they were O.K.

Gah, I've just had a buttload of computer issues the past two days ish that I hope are finally behind me now...

I had a rootkit on my computer which took... quite a while... to find and delete, which I've finally done. And then I kept getting explorer.exe cpu spikes which I FINALLY FIGURED OUT was because of DivX ever since Windows updated. I finally uninstalled it and my computer seems back to normal, thank goodness ~_~

Computer problems are uuurgh D: I had an issue two days ago where all of my video players froze up whenever I tried to play anything. Thankfully a system restore fixed it.

I used to have a CD-Rom of it too, @MizuTaipu! I beat all 5 difficulty luvels, and when you were my age then, that was saying something.

Earlier still, I was so into those shows. And now I'm resisting the Urge to watch MLP:FiM, because I KNOW I'll grt sucked into it, due to my fondness for femmy shows... let the pony talk begin...BRING IT ON, BRONIES AND PONIES!!

Am I the only one who watched 2-3 episodes of that pony show only to be terribly bored by it?
It is much better than the old 80ies show, that for sure, but...I hate anyone who ever had a pony when they were growing up!..it didn't find it funny or interesting at all.

And it is everywhere on the internet. Almost like those stupid yo-yos back in the 90ies...

let the pony talk begin...BRING IT ON, BRONIES AND PONIES!!
I've gotten the impression that the anime section lacks in FiM fans (hate the term 'brony'). Actually I've seen quite a few anime regulars dissing the show in other places...

It's not like Pokémon is any better.

Edit: Teddiursa, I had like 50 ponies as a kid. Thou mad? :p

Edit: Teddiursa, I had like 50 ponies as a kid. Thou mad? :p

I think I had a She-Ra horse-thing as a child, so I had a pony too. Or a regular horse, who knows. I hope nobody dies from my comment...but I always wanted to try it.

Maybe the German dub makes the Pony show so boring to me. But....US-VAs? I can't do it. *dodges tomatoes*

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom