• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Anime General Chat - Talk about non-Anime things!

Edit: Teddiursa, I had like 50 ponies as a kid. Thou mad? :p

If that is a joke, Ok.

If that is true, I know very little about Finland...

-_- I didn't know Brony was offensive

But still, I know that if I watch it, I won't be able to stop...so I'm just staying out of this one...

Oops...it's less disturbing than my old 1032-count Marvel Comics toy collection, I guess...

Or my Personal Borg merchandise Collection

Or my list of American Gas Stations...

Or my sculpture of the head of Hercule Poirot...

Or my Ms. Frizzle Doll...

Or my copy of Mystery Science Theater:Manos:The Hands of Fate, signed by Joel Hodgson...

Or my...you get the picture...

Last edited:
Sigh...today I decided to play my Kingdom Hearts 2 game that I haven't play in MONTHS...

Apparently I gotten so used to the mechanics of KH: ReCoded that I kept on DYING in KH2....
Haven't had that problem, then again I still haven't played Re:Coded. I guess I'm a bit out of touch with the series, the last game I played was 358/2 (which I FUCKING loved). I haven't gotten around to Birth By Sleep yet either. I planned on buying a used PSP specifically for that game. I'm trying to get all caught before KH3D comes out.

Ah well, they're added to the list. "Things to Buy After I Get a Job".

Does anyone else remember the Where in _ is Carmen Sandiego? kiddie Game shows?

Or the animated TV series?

And what is the game show's connection to the Bicentennial Man movie?(cookie for getting it right)

I remember that show pretty well. I used to watch it on TV when I was a kid. It was always on around the same time my brothers got home from school. Oddly enough the theme is what I remember the most vividly. I can still hear the melody:

"Where in time, is Carmen Sandiego?"

The actress who played Carmen in the series was in Bicentennial Man. *cookie get* Don't ask me what role she played because I can't remember. It's been so long since I've seen that movie, and I didn't like it enough to ever want to see it again.

"Things to Buy After I Get a Job".

That's the story of my life at the moment. Job seeking currently feels like smashing your face against a wall repeatedly and desperately hoping that it will break :/

I'm going to find out about the whole job thing in a few years and from my sisters I can tell it's no easy feat

Sigh...today I decided to play my Kingdom Hearts 2 game that I haven't play in MONTHS...

Apparently I gotten so used to the mechanics of KH: ReCoded that I kept on DYING in KH2....

Ughhhh I always have the same problem! I haven't touched KH2 in general in years, and even during the time when I'd go a few weeks/months I'd have to relearn all of the mechanics and do horribly the first 15 minutes or so XD I liked the mechanics a lot better in KH2 than the first one for sure, though. Still haven't played ReCoded...

And ugh don't even get me started about job searching. I have a job right now and everyone is always "lol you need a new job if you hate it so much" yeah okay because turning in applications and going to job interviews isn't trying hard enough~ Anymore I am just "okay.jpg" over my current job, could be worse...

Am I the only one who watched 2-3 episodes of that pony show only to be terribly bored by it?

I watched 4-5 episodes and while I wasn't totally bored by it, it just didn't interest me. Not a bad show, but just not my cup of tea, I guess. :)

I am going to import the Kanto and Orange Island 22 disc boxset from Australia one day. But Johto's 18 disc boxset comes first

Ughhhh I always have the same problem! I haven't touched KH2 in general in years, and even during the time when I'd go a few weeks/months I'd have to relearn all of the mechanics and do horribly the first 15 minutes or so XD I liked the mechanics a lot better in KH2 than the first one for sure, though. Still haven't played ReCoded...

And ugh don't even get me started about job searching. I have a job right now and everyone is always "lol you need a new job if you hate it so much" yeah okay because turning in applications and going to job interviews isn't trying hard enough~ Anymore I am just "okay.jpg" over my current job, could be worse...

I keep forgetting that there's no dodge roll in KH2....XD Plus that particular file is in Proud Mode so....I keep dying to Large Bodies....

and OH this sums up my Job Hunting woes:

tumblr_lo3jnnQUwF1qgzxcao1_r2_400.jpg

and OH this sums up my Job Hunting woes:

tumblr_lo3jnnQUwF1qgzxcao1_r2_400.jpg

Thank you! I am so glad I am not the only one that has the exact same annoyance with job hunting at the moment. Even the retail jobs require it.

It's further complicated for a lot of people I know who don't have a car to get to work - so it's "Need experience to have a job, need a job to have experience, need a car to get to a job to get experience, need money to buy a car, need a car to go to job to get money."

For some people, public transportation is fine - I took the bus to get to school and work in college - but for less urban cities/towns where there's not public transportation (where I live now, the nearest public transportation is in Indy, 10 miles away), a car is a necessity.

Look what I've found here. What do you think of this? Kind of funny and worrying alike, isn't it?

[video=youtube;cmNb3xJFzkc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmNb3xJFzkc[/video]

Last edited:
What a load of WASPish talk.

That video is so old...and people think I'm gonna worship Satan just because I play a game...

I'm gonna go read Catcher in the Rye, then watch Taxi Driver and listen to Metallica while playing with my Snivy Plush...

Not Really, that's what these crazy Theocratic douchebags think will happen if I do all that!

Last edited by a moderator:
For some people, public transportation is fine - I took the bus to get to school and work in college - but for less urban cities/towns where there's not public transportation (where I live now, the nearest public transportation is in Indy, 10 miles away), a car is a necessity.

Where I live, it's impossible to get anywhere without having a car. It is convenient being able to just leave and go where ever and when ever I want, but cars are just a pain in the ass :/ I would much rather live in a city with a bus/subway/transportation system.

Heh, and yeah, all of the job/experience talk reminds me of this comic XD It's SFW but I'll put it under a spoiler because it's pretty big~

mcsyf6.png

Attachments

• mcsyf6.png
    mcsyf6.png
    236.7 KB · Views: 85
It's a bit easier when you get into the job market early. When you're young, you're exploitable, naive and expendable - perfect for minimum wage jobs! :D

As for me, I didn't have an official job before this semester (one where I had to file taxes), but I put down "food service" in the "experience/reference" part since I made sushi for my parent's work for a while.

I don't know if all jobs will accept this, but putting down any significant volunteer work where you held a position of leadership doesn't hurt either. Thankfully, mine did, but it's a university job, so maybe that's why XP

I have no job experience, apart from that time when I was 14 and I helped out at my primary school for two weeks. Then I went back there last year, but soon left. :p Finding a job is going to be really hard. About fifteen-or-so of my friends work in local supermarkets, but I don't think I'd be able to get a job there.

Am I the only one who watched 2-3 episodes of that pony show only to be terribly bored by it?

I watched 4-5 episodes and while I wasn't totally bored by it, it just didn't interest me. Not a bad show, but just not my cup of tea, I guess. :)
Exactly what I feel about MLP. It's not a bad show by any means but it just doesn't appeal to me.

Jobs...most of us here don't work until after we get a degree. Most don't want to work at a young age, like for part-time jobs, (they wouldn't accept inexperienced and young people in the first place xD) unless they couldn't get a job after they get their degree.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom