• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"Pokémon Apokélypse" - a real-life Pokémon movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Queen Cynthia

Angelic Champion
Reaction score
I just stumpled over a movie trailer and I'd like to hear your opinion on this maybe controversial video:
[video=youtube;sDX1m0Y2Vkg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDX1m0Y2Vkg[/video]

First of all, you can't deny that this video was excellently made! All the important characters are there in real-life:
Ash as frustrated, disillusioned Pokemon Trainer, Misty as a hot seductive chick, the Rocket trio as ruthless criminals who use real weapons, Professor Oak, Brock etc...
I also think that the plot of the short trailer is intriguing and remarkably well thought-out: Pokemon battles being banned to the underground because they have turned into bloody and brutal events, the Pokemon world in the grip of a criminal organisation which seems to organize those illegal Pokemon battles and control the black market, and last but not least Ash, a maverick Pokemon trainer, who wants to put an end to all this by turning his back on Team Rocket's evil doings and taking his revenge like in those "one man against the world"- movies.
All in all, it's a version of Pokemon that has become gloomier and more intense and it can legitimately be called an adult answer to the fans' constat calls for a more mature show.

But on the other hand, is this really what we wanted when we called for a more adult version? Dying Pokemon, real-life weapons, and ruthless criminal that stop at nothing?:-/ Sure, Team Galactic and especially Cyrus were pretty gross and threating, too, but nevertheless I dare say they were still gentlemen who may have had their selfish goals but at least weren't as downright evil as that TR boss in the video.

Well, like I said at the beginning, it surely is a controversial video. It doesn't change the fact that it's cleverly done and worth watching though. Kudos to the actors and the director for a good performance!

I remember when someone made footage of this before it was released and said it was a screener copy. People said "FAKE AND GAY", until this came out.

Sadly, a real life movie will never happen.

Shit I got the shivers.

I love this idea mostly, though Pikachu did look really weird.

Shit I got the shivers.

I love this idea mostly, though Pikachu did look really weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom