• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon art exhibition published online: 151 artists, 151 works of art

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Pokémon art exhibition published online: 151 artists, 151 works of art

Minneapolis's Pokémon Battle Royale art exhibition has been published online. All 151 creations are now available for connoisseurs worldwide.

Read more on Bulbanews

Y'know, sometimes I feel that big gallery projects like this one tend to have some pretty weak entries with only a few stand-outs. But this time around, pretty much everyone who has taken part has done a an excellent job and made some really inspiring artwork. I'm genuinely impressed with the quality on show here, all these talented folks have made it a real success imo.

Lots of fun and unique takes on the 'mons. Charizard, Pidgeotto, Nidoking, Venonat, Psyduck, Arcanine, Abra, Victreebel, Drowzee, Rhyhorn, Seaking, Staryu, Electabuzz, Porygon and Dragonite are the pieces that really caught my eye, but there are many others that are just as good.
The Hitmonlee/Chan one is bloody hilarious.

The Caterpie and Wigglytuff entries kind of spoil it a little by being pretty clear knock-offs of anime stills (seriously, why would you do this? Where's the fun?), but stuff like that always seems to sneak into these projects unfortunately, and it's only those two out of 151.

Loved the paintings! You could tell that alot of work went into them.Its nice to see a new take on the traditional pokemon artwork.For me it was a breeze of freash air.I just wish that the exhibition had also included the johto Pokemon(Although i know that it probably took an enormous amount of effort just for the first 151 pokemon).

LOL at Farfetch'd, because it's true due to their endangered status. The Hitmolee/chan collab also has a grain of truth to it because Hitmonlee outclasses Hitmonchan.

I am suprised at the great quality a majority of them came out! I am also very happy that my favorite Pokemon had good artwork made of them! I am really digging that unique-looking Charizard! <3

I agree with Grave-E. After seeing some I was like "oh, I want to get prints of a couple of these"... and now I think I like all of them enough to do that. Not good.

Really cool though, I love it when Bulbanews puts up stuff like this.

wow, those are fabulous! i love all the unique, varied styles :eek:

my favs:
venonat - beautiful flat colors are my weakness ♥
alakazam - the "mystical shaman" theme is too cool~
tangela - totally trippy, dude
staryu - it fits so nicely into the underwater scene!

also: ditto's pic is freaking me out majorly, haha

These are amazing and as an artist they're very inspiring to me to see such creative and raw talents. Makes me a bit jealous but also pushes me foreword to keep improving myself.

The Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan collab is one of my favorites. I really Starmie 's a lot too.Also Charizard, Weedle, Poliwhirl, Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Rhyhorn , Electrode, Magnemite, Magneton, Scyther, Porygon are among some of my favorites as well. I'd definitely consider buying a print of one of these, they're all fantastic.

And Dratini'sjust cracked me up.I LOL'd at the Farfetch'd painting too.

Now the next 150 need to be made.

If you guys wanted to buy a print, try and get in touch with the artist. As the article says, most of them have their personal sites linked on the tumblr. I'm sure they'd love to help you out if they are able.

Tyson Hesse (The artist who did Weedle's image) is someone I've followed for a long time. He's a really funny dude, and he has great style. It was hilarious when he was first assigned Weedle. (it was a year ago or something. It was quite a while ago) He was told he had to make Weedle look tough and he was complaining on twitter about, "HOW DO I MAKE A WEEDLE LOOK TOUGH!?" but he did a great job, and it's a really cute piece. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom