• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon as Pets

ehh123

Reaction score
Assuming you modified your house to account for elemental powers, which Pokemon would you keep as non-battle pets?

Magcargo.

I'll never have to worry about home invasion and/or villainous teams again.

Because they'd be stopped simply because I let it out of its ball. And you only said the home has to be accounted for. Not anyone in it. As long as I either have a remote trigger system and/or have my clothing heatproofed and guarded against impact, I'll be fine.

Abusing thermodynamics and energy-to-matter conversion for home security is fun, isn't it?

#1 favorite bias aside, Sableye would be really simple and easy in terms of dietary maintenance, as it subsists primarily on rocks. I'm not exactly someone privy for jewelry, either, so the potential issue of Sableye feeding off of precious gems and jewels won't be a bother for me, I think.

Xurkitree, if you count in Ultra Beast Pokémon. Powering homes with their massive supplies from their thick wire-like limbs. What's not to enjoy when you have infinite power supplies from them?

Glameow mainly cause it's my absolute favorite, but also it'd be pretty easy to take care of and essentially won't be much different from a house cat. Also Stoutland would be another good pet, large enough to warm you up with it's fur when it gets cold, very loyal and friendly, would certainly be an ideal companion.

For a non-normal type, I'd probably go with Houndoom. Similar with Stoutland, it could be a great protector for the household and would also be just as loyal, assuming you put in the time to properly discipline it. And I can imagine it would deter anyone from breaking and entering your home. Plus hellhounds are just really cool.

I want to say Galarian Ponyta/Rapidash, but horses are a bit large, and I want an indoor pet that could be in my room with me, like my dog. (The rules with Pokemon are probably different, I know Galarian Ponytas appear inside buildings in Sword/Shield)

So, I think I'd go with Alolan Vulpix. I could go with Fletchling as well. Both of these Pokemon are the most adorable, IMO (alongside Galarian Ponyta). I lean toward Alolan Vulpix because of being Ice type and me liking the cold.

Seriously, though, if Pokemon were real, there's no way on earth I wouldn't have a Galarian Ponyta. So... I'd have to find a way lol.

Honestly, I would actually kinda go with a more humanoid Pokémon as the extra hands are always helping around the house. Personally, I would like to go Lopunny despite the infamony around it I do really like the Pokémon, plus the warm hugs that can be easily given back. I also always had a curiosity of how it would feel to have their large ears wrap around you, might be comfy.

Another Pokémon I would probably would want would be Lilligant, some of my family have been plant obsessed as of late, so the Pokémon would fit right in at my house.

If I go more traditional petwise, probably Pokémon like Umbreon, Ninetales (either variant) and Furrent.
Though Aulos got me thinking of the idea of Galarian Ponyta and now I can't get it out of my head.

Last edited:
This is my dream. To have a pokemon in the form of a pet. It's so cute. It would help me with everything and protect me.:bulbaLove:

espeon

a pokemon with psychic powers that makes it easy to communicate with (assuming it can communicate telepathically, which... it probably can), and it can help with small things around the house here and there? good enough for me, at least. c:

Garbodor
Sure it'll stink the house, but no dirty rooms!

Espeon. It is cat and it is quite intelligent. I imagine the psychic abilities would be quite useful as well, helping me reach things in high places without the use of my stepladder. [I am a short lady.]

Of course, since I am primarily nocturnal, I might end up with an Umbreon. I'd prefer an Espeon, but I'd be fine with Umbreon as well. They can learn Psychic and it might be able to also have some form of telepathic abilities to communicate with like an Espeon might. Eeveelutions in general would make ideal pets.

I'd also enjoy a Ninetales, Alolan or not. Snuggling within those tails would be my form of fluffy heaven. And it would also be similarly intelligent like Espeon.

Sylveon. Cute, easy going and affectionate doggo perfect for all the cuddling on a cold day needs.

Would also have a Lucario for protection and keeping those damn raccoons out of my backyard.

Last I'd want a Gardevoir for utility purposes. It can teleport me where I need to go and can see the future so I know if my gatcha game rolls will lead to anything good. I pick Gardevoir since the dex describes it as loyal and protective so it'd be easy to get along with.

Sylveon. Cute, easy going and affectionate doggo perfect for all the cuddling on a cold day needs.

Would also have a Lucario for protection and keeping those damn raccoons out of my backyard.

Last I'd want a Gardevoir for utility purposes. It can teleport me where I need to go and can see the future so I know if my gatcha game rolls will lead to anything good. I pick Gardevoir since the dex describes it as loyal and protective so it'd be easy to get along with.
by raccoons you mean galarian zigzagoon, right?

Very true.nods in agreement

And a few more pokemon I'd want IRL would be the following:

Pheromosa: A fast attacker with strong kicking strength to protect me from thieves.
Kartana: Can slice anything I want it to. Very helpful when cutting fruits and veggies.
Vespiquen: Fresh H O N E Y.
Alcremie: Mainly for decorating sweets.
Ditto: Can turn into anything I need.
Heat Rotom: Free stovetop.
Cinccino: I will polish anything.
Altaria: Mainly pillow.

And of course:

Milotic: It'll calm me down anytime I'm angy and it'll also be nice to perform in contests with.

(Sorry for writing a full essay btw)

Mew. Mew is cute, mew isn't big so it doesn't require a huge place, and since it can learn every move it could defend the house if needed but also take care of my sleeping problems by using hypnosis. Also Mew is usually considered as playful and very nice to other people/pokemon so it appears to be the best choice overall in my case.
Edit: A Furret would be a nice addition. It would probably not be useful to have, but it's just so damn cute :D

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom