• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Availability in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I agree that Mankey being version exclusive was unfair to Blue players with Charmander. But at least Torchic evolves into a Fighting type. Also, I thought they could have put a move tutor in Kanto to teach Pokémon evolutionary moves instead of adding them to the Pokédex. No one in Johto has used those Pokémon. But HGSS was already released, so we'll accept it as it is.

And I pretty much made Shuppet and Duskull version-exclusives in my list. And in the Sevii Islands, OmegaRuby is similar to FireRed and AlphaSapphire is LeafGreen. But there are more changes in the Sevii Islands. I brought back the Mankey/Meowth exclusivity. Pokémon in an exclusive pair with a Pokémon that can be found in Hoenn will have the Hoenn Pokémon absent while the other is in both versions. For example: Oddish was found in FireRed while Bellsprout was LeafGreen. But since Oddish can be caught in Hoenn, Bellsprout would be in both OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire.

Considering I haven't popped in my Hoenn games in about 2 years I'm probably not the best one to judge but there should definitely be a couple additions to the dex.

Skrelp, Mantyke, Seel, and Frillish. Anything to break the monotony of the water routes and also make more Ghost and Ice types available for the E4. Drake can have a Dragalge too.

Yeah, I agree that Mankey being version exclusive was unfair to Blue players with Charmander.

Mankey wasn't even caught that early in Red. If you picked Charmander in RB, you were out of luck, there was nothing at that point in the game that gave you an advantage against Brock. Mankey wasn't added to Rt. 22 until Yellow, when you didn't have Bulbasaur or Squirtle to use anyway, and they decided to put Mankey in the same place in FRLG.

But at least Torchic evolves into a Fighting type. Also, I thought they could have put a move tutor in Kanto to teach Pokémon evolutionary moves instead of adding them to the Pokédex. No one in Johto has used those Pokémon. But HGSS was already released, so we'll accept it as it is.

Nope, none of those distribution issues really occurred in RSE. There's plenty of Water, Grass, and even a few Fighting types in the early game for Roxanne, there's some Flying types and Ralts for Brawly, Marshtomp and Geodude for Wattson, and then after that you have access to pretty much everything you need. But thanks to Fairy type, you'll have more options to use against Brawly now, like Mawile and maybe Marill if he's obtainable as early as he is in Emerald (Rt. 104).

And I pretty much made Shuppet and Duskull version-exclusives in my list. And in the Sevii Islands, OmegaRuby is similar to FireRed and AlphaSapphire is LeafGreen. But there are more changes in the Sevii Islands. I brought back the Mankey/Meowth exclusivity. Pokémon in an exclusive pair with a Pokémon that can be found in Hoenn will have the Hoenn Pokémon absent while the other is in both versions. For example: Oddish was found in FireRed while Bellsprout was LeafGreen. But since Oddish can be caught in Hoenn, Bellsprout would be in both OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire.

Shuppet and Duskull weren't true version exclusives in the originals anyway, the other one was found rarely in Mt. Pyre. And now that they've been thrown out of balance thanks to 4th gen, I don't expect that to change.

There is no established pattern on how reamakes handle the Pokédex, in HGSS they included evolutions of previous memebers, in FRLG they preventet you from obtaining said evolutions even though their critereia were met, Golbat and Chansey just refused to evolve until you had the National Dex. To be certain of Game Freaks decitions on the Dex is just silly, but it is very likely that it will stay mostly true to the RS Dex with some flavoring of Emeralds Dex and very likely have new evolotions thrown in.

Using duplicates is no better than using Pokemon of a different type.
It is in fact much, much worse.
And it would be a great shame if they didn't at least update the teames of Phobe and Glacia to include Dusknior and Froslass respectivly. The Elite Four in RSE were just pittyfull, the only member with a decent team were Sidney and Emerald-Drake.

To be certain of Game Freaks decitions on the Dex is just silly, but it is very likely that it will stay mostly true to the RS Dex with some flavoring of Emeralds Dex and very likely have new evolotions thrown in.

Emerald didn't have an upgraded Hoenn Dex.

It is in fact much, much worse.
And it would be a great shame if they didn't at least update the teames of Phobe and Glacia to include Dusknior and Froslass respectivly. The Elite Four in RSE were just pittyfull, the only member with a decent team were Sidney and Emerald-Drake.

The situation is pretty much unavoidable without including completely new families, there's just too few Ghost, Ice, and Dragon types in the Dex to avoid repeats, even if they added in Dusknoir and Froslass.

Emerald didn't have an upgraded Hoenn Dex.
Ideed, but it did update the locations of certain Pokémon, like Crystal og Yellow before it, and some of those carried over, sorry for being unclear.

The situation is pretty much unavoidable without including completely new families, there's just too few Ghost, Ice, and Dragon types in the Dex to avoid repeats, even if they added in Dusknoir and Froslass.
I realize that, my point was merly that not including evolutions of exsitisng families would be such a huge missed oppertunity.

Ideed, but it did update the locations of certain Pokémon, like Crystal og Yellow before it, and some of those carried over, sorry for being unclear.

As far as I can remember, Emerald didn't make a whole lot of distribution improvements, they shuffled some things around early in the game and added Mightyena to Rt. 120/121 and that was about it. I'm not even sure most of those are even worth bringing back anyway, except for putting Marill on Rt. 104.

And HGSS didn't keep a lot of the distribution changes from Crystal (why they decided to move Sneasel back to Mt. Silver instead of keeping it in Ice Path, I'll never know.), so I wouldn't expect a lot of changes to the distribution just for the hell of it. I'd like to see Marill kept on Rt. 104 so you can use it against Brawly, but I don't think they'd do much of anything else.

I realize that, my point was merly that not including evolutions of exsitisng families would be such a huge missed oppertunity.

So would not including new families.

Well, if they update the Hoenn Pokédex, that's their decision. We'll see how it turns out. And the Elite Four's Pokémon can change in rematches. They've done that since FireRed and LeafGreen.

Here's my proposed National teams for Elite Four

Sidney - Mightyena, Shiftry, Houndoom, Crawdaunt, Absol, Liepard
Phoebe - Dusknoir, Bennette, Sableye, Gengar, Mismagius, Drifblim
Glacia - Walrein, Froslass, Dewgong, Abomasnow, Lapras, Weavile
Drake - Salamence, Alteria, Flygon, Kingdra, Garchomp, Hydreigon
Steven - Skarmory, Klinklang, Bastiodon, Steelix, Aggron, Metagross

There, no duplicates. Sorry that it's required to have a National Dex to see better teams.

Last edited:
Well, if they update the Hoenn Pokédex, that's their decision. We'll see how it turns out. And the Elite Four's Pokémon can change in rematches. They've done that since FireRed and LeafGreen.

Here's my proposed National teams for Elite Four

Sidney - Mightyena, Shiftry, Houndoom, Crawdaunt, Absol, Liepard
Phoebe - Dusknoir, Bennette, Sableye, Gengar, Misdreavus, Drifblim
Glacia - Walrein, Froslass, Seel, Abomasnow, Lapras, Weavile
Drake - Salamence, Alteria, Flygon, Kingdra, Garchomp, Hydreigon
Steven - Skarmory, Klinklang, Klefki, Steelix, Aggron, Metagross

There, no duplicates. Sorry that it's required to have a National Dex to see better teams.
Mismagius in place of Misdreavus in Phoebe's team, a Seel in Glacia's team? Wouldn't a Mamoswine be much better than a Seel?, Haxorus in place of Altaria in Drake's team and i know Steven is mainly Steel but with that team it would way too easy to sweep him because of the massive weakness to Fire and Ground, i say leave his team as it is or probably switch his Armaldo or Skarmory for an Excadrill or Ferrothorn.

I replaced Seel with Dewgong, as it would make more sense for the Elite Four to use final evolved forms and Seel doesn't get it's ice type until it evolves, also I intended Dewgong. Mismagius? Of course, forgot about the evolved form of Misdreavus. I think Dewgong is a better replacement for Sealeo than Mamoswine. They are close enough. And I prefer Steven's post-national team to be all Steel as that is his specialty. Bastiodon could be the fossil Pokémon on his team. And Steelix makes perfect sense for him.

I mentioned this elsewhere, but Steven should give us a Beldum before the post-game. Beldum are not available anywhere in the Hoenn region, and it seems unfair having to wait till post-game to get it.

I know we could simply trade over the Beldums from XY, but if Steven's Beldum is holding a Metagrossite or something, I'd dedinitely want that one.

Well now that new Mega Evolutions are in the cards, this is a lot more likely now (and I do think there is a very good chance of Mega Metagross being added so that Steven can use it in the Champion Battle).

Well, Steven can use a Mega Aggron. However, Mega evolutions are a bit off topic. This forum is about where to find Pokémon. But yeah, the Beldum found in Steven's house can be holding a Metagrossite. Talking about what gift Pokémon are holding are still on topic.

Well, Steven can use a Mega Aggron. However, Mega evolutions are a bit off topic. This forum is about where to find Pokémon. But yeah, the Beldum found in Steven's house can be holding a Metagrossite. Talking about what gift Pokémon are holding are still on topic.

Well, the point of giving Beldum a Metagrossite is so that they can make the Beldum obtained by Steven post game still feel special while moving Beldum to an earlier point in the game (because waiting until post game to use it in its home region is a little ridiculous).

Well, I want Beldum to be recieved in Steven's house after the Magma encounter at the space station. And some people like me don't like duplicate Pokémon. So giving the Beldum a Metagrossite and having it obtainable just after you help Steven fight Team Magma is good for people who don't catch duplicates. The only reason I would catch a Pokémon with a complete entry in my Pokédex is for if I need a branch evolution or if I traded it to an in-game trainer.

Anyway, to take advantage of Latias and Latios being in the Hoenn Pokédex, let's unlock their roaming by solving the weather crisis in Sootopolis City. Steven take you to the nearest house for you to listen to a news story about a red/blue bird flying around Hoenn. However, after the Elite Four, you'll still watch a news story about a legendary roaming Hoenn. One of the three Musketeers would roam depending on your game. In OmegaRuby, Terrakion will roam. In AlphaSapphire, Virizion will run around. After getting both Pokémon registered in your Pokédex, a news story about Cobalion will be broadcast and you can hunt him in Hoenn. The Musketeers won't go in the water. When you caught all the Musketeers and have a Musket Ticket, you can go to Musketeer Island.

I decided to change the legendary dogs locations. Suicune still roams the Sevii Islands after you connect the Network Machine to Kalos. Raikou now roams Hoenn after you catch Zapdos. Entei will appear at Mt. Chimney after you catch Suicune and Raikou.

Zapdos is in a new basement in New Mauville, where Magneton and Nosepass can evolve. Articuno is in the last room in Icefall Cave. Moltres is on the Summet of Mt. Ember

Where to put Dialga and Palkia? An alternate dimension with a portal in Cave of Origin. Dialga is in AlphaSapphire while Palkia is an OmegaRuby exclusive. After catching them, you will have access to the Distortion World, which now has a lot of wild encounters of strong ghost types like Mismagius. There, you will find Giratina in his Origin Forme.

Ho-Oh and Lugia can be found on Naval Rock. This time, you don't need an event ticket to get to them. You just need a legendary trio. Bring Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos to the bottom and encounter Lugia. Go to the top with Entei, Suicune and Raikou to catch Ho-Oh. And these legendaries you bring must be the ones you caught in the same adventure. No outsiders would unlock Ho-Oh or Lugia.

Regigigas can be found in the basement of the Monean Chamber in the Tanoby Ruins. He'll only wake up if you have the three Regis. None of them can be outsiders. Must be the ones caught in-game. Regirock is in Desert Ruins, Regice is in an Island Cave and Registeel is in Ancient Tomb, all opened by a braille puzzle in the Sealed Chamber under Route 134.

Cresselia and Darkrai can be found in Newmoon and Fullmoon islands. Yep, those are the same islands from Sinnoh. An NPC on the islands tell you that. However, when you check the PokéNav, the map will be zoomed in on the island. And when you try to walk to Sinnoh with the walk-through-walls cheat, you go through glitchy space until you end up in a random part of Hoenn. This is all you'll ever see of Sinnoh in the game. But this requires the Lunar Wing or Membership Pass to get to.

Where to put Reshiram and Zekrom? A hidden chamber in Meteor Falls. Reshiram is in OmegaRuby. Zekrom in AlphaSapphire. After you catch one, Kyurem will come a day later.

Groudon and Kyogre are obviously caught in Cave of Origin depending on the game. Rayquaza is still at the top of Sky Pillar.

Jirachi is on Star Island, which requires a Wish Ticket. Deoxys is on Birth Island when you have an Aurora Ticket. When you get an Old Sea Map, you catch Mew on Faraway Island.

Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf will roam the Sevii Islands after you connect the Network Machine to Unova. Which one will roam? Depend on your Hoenn starter. If you picked Treecko, you'll run into Uxie. Had Torchic? Catch Azelf. Mudkip lovers can hunt Mesprit.

Tornadus and Thundarus will roam all of Hoenn and Sevii. Yep, sometimes they go to Hoenn and sometimes they are in the Sevii Islands. Tornadus is in OmegaRuby while Thundarus is exclusive to AlphaSapphire. They roam after you catch the other roaming legendaries in the game. That means you have to catch the Eon bird, Suicune, Raikou, a Musketeer (Cobalion don't count), and a Lake Guardian. Landorus roams Hoenn and Sevii after you catch all the roaming legendaries of both games including Cobalion, Tornadus and Thundarus and bring them to one game.

Manaphy can be found on Sea Island when you have a Water Ticket. Phione can be obtained by breeding Manaphy.

Get a Woodland Ticket to go to Forest Island and catch Celebi.

Shaymin is found on Paradise Island (not to be confused with Themyscira). A Flower Ticket is needed.

Arceus is found on Genesis Island if you have an Azure Ticket.

Victini is on Victory Island if you have a Champion Ticket.

Meloetta is on Music Island if you have a Musical Ticket.

Genesect is on Cyborg Island if you have a Cyber Ticket.

You get a choice of Johto Starters along with the National Pokédex from Professor Birch. You're rewarded a Sinnoh starter from Cynthia when you get one Silver Symbol. You choose your Unova starter when you use the X and Y hieroglyphs to connect Celio's Network Machine to Kalos. And of course, you rescue Birch with your Hoenn starter.

Lanette can give you an Eevee as an award for filling up a box after getting the National Pokédex.

Now what else am I missing? Rattata swarms Route 102. Meowth is a common AlphaSapphire exclusive in the Sevii Islands. Misdreavus is in Lost Cave. You can find the Unown in the Tanoby Chambers. Stantler's in the Safari Zone. Kricketot is in Pattern Bush. Cherubi swarms Route 117. Buneary swarms Route 104 in AlphaSapphire. Glameow swarms Route 101 in AlphaSapphire. Finneon is all you can catch with an Old Rod in the Sevii Islands. Cottonee is common in the Sevii Islands in OmegaRuby. Darumaka can be found in Kindle Road and Mt. Ember. Yamask can be found in Lost Cave. Frillish is common when surfing in the Sevii Islands. Tynamo can be found in the new basement of New Mauville. Elgyem can be found in the Friend Safari of Four Island. Bouffallant can be found in Ruin Valley. The Hoenn Dex Pokémon not found in Kalos can be found in their Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald locations.

Definitely cannot see so many legendaries coming in postgame so haphazardly.

The Bird Trio is already present in XY so I don't really see it obtainable in ORAS especially if they're coming back in the next Kalos game(s) (where we might even get the chance to grab all of them instead). Some would argue against this pointing out that the trio was available in HGSS and Platinum but Kanto was in HGSS and it's kinda expect you'll be able to catch a legendary in the region it was introduced.

Not really seeing the Legendary Beasts showing up in Hoenn or Sevii at all since they don't seem to have a way to travel the island region. Sure Suicune can walk on water but it just doesn't seem right for one member of a trio showing up with the other members absent in that generation.

Sure going to their home islands would be a pretty cool way to catch the Lunar Duo but then why then why not just travel to Sinnoh proper seeing as you're basically already there.

Regigigas feels like a natural fit to find what with it's trio hanging around. Some would have it appear in the Sealed Chamber when bringing along it's trio since it would kinda clash with the whole species continuity thing Gamefreak's been trying to keep together (ex: why couldn't Onix evolve in RBY when traded / why couldn't you find Regigigas in RSE by bringing the Legendary Golems together).

Can't see the Swords of Justice coming to Hoenn for the same reasons the Legendary Beasts can't. I can definitely see them appearing in the next Kalos game(s).

The Forces of Nature could definitely be present in Hoenn causing more weather troubles. It's interesting how they share some similarities with the Weather Trio what with the leader stopping the other two from fighting. Hoenn locals would probably believe that their weather shenanigans are the Weather Trio acting up again.

Very very hard justifying the Tao Trio appearing in anything before BW in the timeline.

Genesect probably hasn't even been revived from its fossil yet much less augmented by Team Plasma.

Probably better to give some of the legendaries out in distributions rather than just cramming them all into these two games.

Last edited:
Definitely cannot see so many legendaries coming in postgame so haphazardly.

The Bird Trio is already present in XY so I don't really see it obtainable in ORAS especially if they're coming back in the next Kalos game(s) (where we might even get the chance to grab all of them instead). Some would argue against this pointing out that the trio was available in HGSS and Platinum but Kanto was in HGSS and it's kinda expect you'll be able to catch a legendary in the region it was introduced.

Not really seeing the Legendary Beasts showing up in Hoenn or Sevii at all since they don't seem to have a way to travel the island region. Sure Suicune can walk on water but it just doesn't seem right for one member of a trio showing up with the other members absent in that generation.

Sure going to their home islands would be a pretty cool way to catch the Lunar Duo but then why then why not just travel to Sinnoh proper seeing as you're basically already there.

Regigigas feels like a natural fit to find what with it's trio hanging around. Some would have it appear in the Sealed Chamber when bringing along it's trio since it would kinda clash with the whole species continuity thing Gamefreak's been trying to keep together (ex: why couldn't Onix evolve in RBY when traded / why couldn't you find Regigigas in RSE by bringing the Legendary Golems together).

Can't see the Swords of Justice coming to Hoenn for the same reasons the Legendary Beasts can't. I can definitely see them appearing in the next Kalos game(s).

The Forces of Nature could definitely be present in Hoenn causing more weather troubles. It's interesting how they share some similarities with the Weather Trio what with the leader stopping the other two from fighting. Hoenn locals would probably believe that their weather shenanigans are the Weather Trio acting up again.

Very very hard justifying the Tao Trio appearing in anything before BW in the timeline.

Genesect probably hasn't even been revived from its fossil yet much less augmented by Team Plasma.

Probably better to give some of the legendaries out in distributions rather than just cramming them all into these two games.

Well first of all, remember that there are possibly duplicates of some of legendaries. We can have multiples of the Beasts and the Muskedeers probably. Other than that, they can pretty much BS it, Game Freak doesn't really care that much about whether or not it makes sense for them to appear. They can just say that the legendaries appear in an area that is "rumored to be connected to X region" like they did with Embedded Tower in HGSS and Cave of Being in BW2, and that would be enough to justify their inclusion from a storyline perspective.

I don't want to see a lot of distributions this gen like there was last, you could excuse the amount of distribution in 5th gen because there were only 2 sets of games, but there's most likely going to be 3 this gen, and between ORAS and the next Kalos game, there's plenty of room for the 2nd, 4th, and 5th gen legendaries.

Well, I do want OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire to complete the distribution. If there is any Pokémon missing from both ORAS and XY, I'd want them to be included in Pokémon Z. All the Hoenn Dex Pokémon would probably have perfect distribution for ORAS, similar to how all the Kanto Pokémon were in FRLG and all the Johto/Kanto Pokémon were in HGSS. The generations that required transfers from previous generations were Gen II (for the starters, legendaries and fossils) and Gen V for a whole lot of Pokémon.

Well, I do want OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire to complete the distribution. If there is any Pokémon missing from both ORAS and XY, I'd want them to be included in Pokémon Z. All the Hoenn Dex Pokémon would probably have perfect distribution for ORAS, similar to how all the Kanto Pokémon were in FRLG and all the Johto/Kanto Pokémon were in HGSS. The generations that required transfers from previous generations were Gen II (for the starters, legendaries and fossils) and Gen V for a whole lot of Pokémon.

Actually, there's not a lot of Pokemon from the originals that aren't available in XY, most of the Pokemon missing are 4th and 5th gen Pokemon. Which pretty much means the only way they can fill in the gaps is with an expanded Hoenn Dex or by putting them in post game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom