• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Availability in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there an actual need to have as many legendaries in this game as has been suggested.

The only one that wasn't put into XY one from Gen 1 was Mew, and that because its an event legendary which will likely see a distribution for this gen at some point.

Gen 2 I could see being included, though the way that has been suggested is frankly ridiculous, having the occasional pokemon only available after a certain point in the game is fine, but putting inter connected pokemon (the beast this is more directed at) triggered by completely different things is beyond anything. If included they should have a single trigger event to set them roaming if they're roaming, if not then this trigger should allow access to their standing areas, which I feel as if more people would prefer them as.

Gen 3 has no need to comment on.

Gen 4 is one that could go either way for me tbh, but they would need to be in sensible places, such as Regigigas in the Sealed Chamber as is suggested previously, as IIRC, there is something written about the golems sealing something there in the originals, but I may be mistaken on this.

Gen 5, I think that because the games are not that old yet, and are still somewhat easily available new or used that they shouldn't be included. Also agree with the earlier point mentioned about the Tao Trio and the time line.

As far as event legendaries go, just inviting an island for each and everyone is frankly, ridiculous. It just shows that they are being physically forced into the game, especially with things like Genosect where it is physically created by Team Plasma in Unova, and yet has an island who's name is a surprising match to its lore in a completely different region. Does that really make sense to anyone?

A further comment would be that there is far to much dependants on the game or the starters in these suggestions, looking at past games there are very limited circumstances where this is used and rarely in conjunction with each other, XY are the only example of the top of my head where we have the version exclusive legendary and the starter dependant legendary. Even with Banks ability to store the pokemon after a play though, it would be a significant majority that would not want to have to play through an entire game, especially with a selection of pokemon they would rather not use, just to be able to acquire all the pokemon within the generation, and if some of the trends from tournaments from XY continue, multiple playthroughs of the same game, just to get a particular legendary they wish to use for competitive use.

My ideal Hoenn Dex would be:
  • The original Hoenn Pokemon
  • Any new evolutionary relatives
  • Deoxys, Jirachi, Regigigas
  • Mamoswine line and Cloyster line

I don't really care for anything more, since I don't think the games would be improved by it. Too many legendaries can feel crowded and I've never bothered with completing the National Dex. Mamoswine and Cloyster gives Glacia 5 unique Pokemon and I think those two lines feel the least out of place in Hoenn. Phoebe already can have 5 unique Pokemon.

Phoebe: Froslass, Shedinja, Dusknoir, (Mega) Banette, Sableye
Glacia: Mamoswine, Walrein, Glalie, Froslass, Cloyster

Phoebe: Froslass, Shedinja, Dusknoir, (Mega) Banette, Sableye
Glacia: Mamoswine, Walrein, Glalie, Froslass, Cloyster

Shedinja is too gimmicky to use for an Elite 4 battle, and Froslass being on two teams is a bit much. We need more Ghost lines for sure.

It appears that Pikachu will be available early on this time around.

I hope that means expanded Hoenn Dex.

Shedinja is too gimmicky to use for an Elite 4 battle, and Froslass being on two teams is a bit much. We need more Ghost lines for sure.

It appears that Pikachu will be available early on this time around.

I hope that means expanded Hoenn Dex.

But Pikachu was already in the Hoenn Pokedex to begin with.

But Pikachu was already in the Hoenn Pokedex to begin with.

I know that, but there's not much reason to move it around if they're not adding stuff. You don't really need an Electric type that early in the game, there's plenty of diversity in the first few routes, and it detracts from the Safari Zone. It seems pretty unnecessary.

Considering that Pikachu will be available earlier when it was originally exclusive to the Safari Zone is really making me wonder what's going on with the Safari Zone this time around.

I know that, but there's not much reason to move it around if they're not adding stuff. You don't really need an Electric type that early in the game, there's plenty of diversity in the first few routes, and it detracts from the Safari Zone. It seems pretty unnecessary.
It's Pikachu. They don't really need a good reason to make it more accessible.

Which Route is it that the Pikachu is on? How do we know it isn't the Safari Zone?

The first we dont know, the second is because the Bradon was shown throwing a Pokeball at it instead of a Safari Ball.

Maybe it's just a random game footage (unfinalized) and in the actual games Pikachu could be found in the Safari Zone again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom