• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Pokemon Back in U.S. theaters! "White Victini & Zekrom" & "Black Victini & Reshiram"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokemon Back in U.S. theaters! "White Victini & Zekrom" & "Black Victini & Reshi

Lucky. Wish this could happen outside America.=/

I'd definately see it if it did.

Pokemon quite lucky because after all these years since the last theatre release it's now trying to get back in even if it is a limited release. Most other fandoms of other shows that were around back when Pokemon was big and still managing to survive can only dream of this even happening. Some fandoms are lucky to even have a show still going or even a healthy fanbase.

Pokemon has done pretty well for itself and I hope they consider a limited release outside America aswell. It's nice to see it making it's way into theatres either way.

I'm sure the quality will be just fine.

Re: Pokemon Back in U.S. theaters! "White Victini & Zekrom" & "Black Victini & Reshi

It's a shame it will only be for one weekend only and only in 300 theatres, so it's obvious it will bomb at the box office, and of all those 300 theatres, I bet none of those theatres will be in Dayton...

Last edited:

Lil Brother said:
Does anyone else not care for this "if they have some kind of giveaway, I'll go" mentality? It seems kind of ridiculous to me. Why not just go for the novelty of seeing a Pokémon movie in theatres? Is some kind of data or card really what's going to push you to go?
There's no "novelty" in seeing a Pokémon movie in theaters for me, being old enough to remember watching the first movie in theaters, when Pokémon was the biggest thing since Jesus. And I generally don't like going to/spending money at the theater to begin with (I think the last movie I saw in theaters was Tangled last Thanksgiving), so the mere fact that I'm contemplating going if there's a theater close by (unless the only one around is that stupid theater in the middle of downtown, because parking there would suck mightily) is already a step forward for me.

I would probably enjoy the movie, but how it's marketed will determine whether I watch it in theaters for seven bucks or wait to rent it on DVD for two. If wanting to get the most out of my money is ridiculous, then I guess I'm ridiculous.

Wow... this really does feel like Kanto. Okay, so these two movies aren't exactly gonna be as exposed as Pokemon the First Movie, but these two particular movies being released in theaters still reminds me of when Pokemon's first movie was coming to theaters (even though the Zoroark movie apparently had some limited release or something or whatever). Maybe the throwback to Kanto inspired them to take the shot at releasing them? I mean, they could've just not done this theatrical release at all.

Well, I'm here to bring some tears of sadness to any Canadian fans who were hoping this would come to Canada too. I sent an e-mail to Cineplex asking whether or not they would be showing the movie and this is what I got.

"Thank you for contacting Cineplex Entertainment. We will not be showing the Pokemon White feature. The film may be only showing in the USA. In order for a film to be shown in Canada the film needs a Canadian Distributor."

So uhh... taking an optimistic approach here but does this mean there's still a chance if they can find a Canadian distributor?

Wow, I was surprised this was going to be released in theaters, even if it's really limited. I'm guessing they're just testing the waters since it's been years since the last real theatrical Pokemon movie was shown in the US (4ever? Heros?) and other places.

If these do well, the next best wishes movie might have a whole week and shown in 500 theaters! Holy crap!

Wow, I was surprised this was going to be released in theaters, even if it's really limited. I'm guessing they're just testing the waters since it's been years since the last real theatrical Pokemon movie was shown in the US (4ever? Heros?) and other places.

If these do well, the next best wishes movie might have a whole week and shown in 500 theaters! Holy crap!

The Zoroark movie also got a limited release.

The Zoroark movie also got a limited release.
Yeah, but I think the Zoroark movie was only released in select theaters and very few cities, cause it was part of the Pokemon B/W Tour. I mean, I know it wasn't in 300 theaters, that's for sure.

The fact that the Pokemon company is bringing the Victini movie to this many theaters is amazing. But I just hope it comes to my area.

Not sure what the implication is (or even if there is anything to be implied from it), but the trailer on Pokemon.com's been updated - it now refers to both movies rather than just Victini and Zekrom specifically. Nothing really new besides a few shots of Reshiram.

Pokémon The Movie: Black—Victini and Reshiram | Movies | Pokemon.com

They should of made a seperate trailer for Victini and Reshiram like they did for Victini and Zekrom.

Last edited:

Sadly, I don't think Reshiram gets enough love for that. We don't even know if V&R is going to be in theatres like V&Z is, do we?

Sadly, I don't think Reshiram gets enough love for that. We don't even know if V&R is going to be in theatres like V&Z is, do we?

Seems unlikely. I'm sure there was a lot of debate of which one to put in if they got the chance.

I think the real question is how the 300 screens will be distributed. in 2002/2003, the movies followeda standard limited release schedule of showing in major (about the first dozen in population) markets for two weeks (I believe 3 for Heroes in 2003), then moving to smaller markets in the following weeks. Since this is a one-weekend event, hopefully that will mean the screens will be more spread out and cover some of the medium-sized markets as well.

Well the first three movies were produced by Warner Bros, and it looks like TPCi is in charge of the distribution of this one themselves.

WB may not be totally uninvolved:

Citybizlist Philadelphia said:
2. Cinedigm licensed its theatrical distribution system to Warner Brothers​ and Open Road Films (AMC Entertainment​ and Regal Entertainment joint venture.)

Full Article

Though I'm sure TPCi is bearing more of the financial risk for this one.

By the way, Cinedigm posted this on their Twitter feed last night:

Sign up, and Cinedigm will notify you when tickets for Pokémon are on sale. goo.gl/saSRY

Last edited:

I apologize if this if a bit off topic, but I bet this movie will be released on DVD as a two disc package

I think the Reshiram version will probably be on Cartoon Network.

If you want to get any news of ticket sales and don't have or use Twitter, go here. I'm going to have Prime sign us up ASAP.

I'm really hoping that I'll luck out and it'll be shown somewhere in my area. I don't care if I have to drive to Milwaukee; I want to see my sweet Golurk on the big screen! (Yes, I'm crazy like that...)

I would have thought we'd have to wait until much closer to get locations.

Wow, the theater I go to is in there. I wasn't expecting it to be.

I've been perusing the list of confirmed locations, and there are some odd metros still missing:

Chicago, IL
Seattle, WA
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
St. Louis, MO
Kansas City, MO
San Antonio, TX
Austin, TX

Probably more out there, but these were some of the easier ones to verify. It probably has to do with who owns the chains in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom