• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter revealed: Bank can store up 3000 Pokémon on a Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter revealed: Bank can store up 3000 Pokémon on a Cloud-like ...

Pokémon Bank and the Poké Transporter service will allow users to store up to 3000 Pokémon on a Cloud server and transfer Pokémon between games.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter revealed: Bank can store up 3000 Pokémon on a C

we have to pay to transfer our pokemon? or is the payment just for the cloud storage of pokemon?

I guess everyone will just transfer everything they want during the trial period....

Re: Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter revealed: Bank can store up 3000 Pokémon on a C

we have to pay to transfer our pokemon? or is the payment just for the cloud storage of pokemon?

I guess everyone will just transfer everything they want during the trial period....

You have to pay for the box space the Pokemon you transfer are sent to. So technically no, but in practice yes.

I seem to recall reading a rumor that Nintendo was looking into some sort of cloud storage. This must have been why, though I hope there are other uses coming.

If this is the only way to transfer Pokemon to X and Y, then yes everybody will transfer during the trial period. The only issue is that once that runs out, are people going to give in and pay for it or just drop any older generation games? Not a choice I want to have to make, to be honest. Unless it's only like $5 a year, but I doubt that.

With things like Spyro and Rumble U I'm afraid that Nintendo is falling into the micro-transaction game, and I really don't want that affecting my Pokemon addiction.

I honestly don't care about paying $5 a year for this service. $5 per year is nothing.

What I care about is how easily I'm going to be able to make that payment. I get all my eShop money from gift cards because that is the most convenient way for me to do so. Ideally, I would be able to pay this annual fee with eShop money.

If it is just too difficult to pay for the service, I won't.

I honestly don't care about paying $5 a year for this service. $5 per year is nothing.

What I care about is how easily I'm going to be able to make that payment. I get all my eShop money from gift cards because that is the most convenient way for me to do so. Ideally, I would be able to pay this annual fee with eShop money.

If it is just too difficult to pay for the service, I won't.

They'll probably charge you for a year's worth of service at a time. I don't think eShop money expires so 1 eShop gift card of $20 would for four years, not counting sales tax.

They'll probably charge you for a year's worth of service at a time. I don't think eShop money expires so 1 eShop gift card of $20 would for four years, not counting sales tax.

Sales tax is included in prices in Australia, so whatever price they decide (remember that $5 is still only an approximation) will be what I pay. Also, I've only ever seen $15 and $30 gift cards - the values they sell them in may differ in the US.

And yes, if I can pay with eShop money, that would be perfect. If I can't, then there are going to be issues.

Sales tax is included in prices in Australia, so whatever price they decide (remember that $5 is still only an approximation) will be what I pay. Also, I've only ever seen $15 and $30 gift cards - the values they sell them in may differ in the US.

And yes, if I can pay with eShop money, that would be perfect. If I can't, then there are going to be issues.

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to pay with eshop money. The e-shop is already out. If you've been able to purchase stuff from the 3DS shop before, you'll be able to purchase this.

Sales tax can differentiate from state-to-state or even county to county in the US depending on what you're buying. When I registered my 3DS it asked me what city and state I lived in to make sure to charge the appropriate taxes. So if a game is $4.99 in the e-shop, then it'll tack on the appropriate sales taxes IN ADDITION TO the $4.99.

I've always found that interesting that in most other parts of the developed world, sales tax is incorporated into the price shown. But I imagine that's because in most countries there's a uniform sales tax rather than several different sales taxes.

I just pulled $5 out of my butt because it's a low enough price that I'd be willing to pay it.

I'm a bit worried though, because yearly implies a higher price to me. $5 monthly makes sense, but that would be $60 a year...

Thats what i have been telling people ITS NOT GOING TO BE $5 dollars a year it easily going to be 10 to 20 dollars minimum for a year because servers cost money

I just pulled $5 out of my butt because it's a low enough price that I'd be willing to pay it.

I'm a bit worried though, because yearly implies a higher price to me. $5 monthly makes sense, but that would be $60 a year...

It's 5 dollars a year.

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to pay with eshop money. The e-shop is already out. If you've been able to purchase stuff from the 3DS shop before, you'll be able to purchase this.
Well, if it's a regular fee they charge, the eShop may not be appropriate for it. No guarantee you can pay (although I suppose that works for any bank account too).

Sales tax can differentiate from state-to-state or even county to county in the US depending on what you're buying. When I registered my 3DS it asked me what city and state I lived in to make sure to charge the appropriate taxes. So if a game is $4.99 in the e-shop, then it'll tack on the appropriate sales taxes IN ADDITION TO the $4.99.

I've always found that interesting that in most other parts of the developed world, sales tax is incorporated into the price shown. But I imagine that's because in most countries there's a uniform sales tax rather than several different sales taxes.
Yeah, it's 10% everywhere in the country (so it's easy to calculate anyway).

Thats what i have been telling people ITS NOT GOING TO BE $5 dollars a year it easily going to be 10 to 20 dollars minimum for a year because servers cost money
In Japan it's ¥500. That's roughly $5, so it's very unlikely to cost more than that. It would be a huge injustice to charge Japan so much less than the US.

It's 5 dollars a year.
Not confirmed, just an approximation from the Japanese price. Which to be fair, is what it will probably be.

It is. Cloud services typically charge a seemingly low rate but because so many people are using it they make plenty of money to cover expenses and make a good profit as well. And if something drastic does go wrong, they've got the revenue to fix problems, update apps/programs, etc... And while Game Freak or Nintendo or whoever runs the day-to-day operations will have daily expenses, it is not an enormous task. Pokemon as digital files are a fraction of the size of the typical song mp3 on iTunes.

Remember, they could've easily just released a disc based Wii U game, which is a console nobody is buying, and charged $50-70 for it. Instead, they're releasing an app on a console people own for the soon-to-be current generation of Pokemon games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom