• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Bank: Is there a future?

Or you know what? How about not give us any way to transfer Pokémon from past games. I would like all my Pokémon to stay in my older games that I still play. It's fun to roast some trainer's with my Level 100 Charizard in FireRed, and I like to look at my collection of Pokémon in the PC. So there's no way I'm going to transfer my older Pokémon over to newer games unless I'm able to trade them back. Just give us a way to collect all 1000 Pokémon in the new games alone and not force us to give up Pokémon from our old games.
So why should there be no way for people to transfer Pokemon. If you dont want to use it, simply dont. You dont have to. Game Freak provided a reletively easy solution for those that want to and there's no reason for them to discontinue it, especially because they are charging a small fee for use of it. You are not forced to use it at all. It is really unfair to want it taken from those who do want to use it though,

I want to transfer my old Pokemon over. I should be able to do so.

Okay, fine. But I would want the option to transfer them back so that if I need to transfer them to help complete my Pokédex or if I just want to have fun with my old Pokémon in the new region for a day, I could just borrow them.

I doubt they'd cut it off at this point. They already said that Bank would be the method they would use from now on. I'm sure they'll just make an updated version for the Switch.

Pokemon Bank is here to stay, there's just no way they will abandon the service that makes it easier to transfer a lot of Pokemon at once.

Since it's cloud-based service, there's no reason to abandon them.

There are also things to improve them better, though. There's a long road for improvements.

The entire point of Pokémon Bank was to be a long term method of storing and transferring Pokémon. I doubt they were foolish enough to have that kind of plan and not develop it in a way that would ensure that plan actually worked.

If they somehow merge Pokemon bank with their new online subscription, I will be mad. I don't really see this happening, but I can't get it out of my brain that it could be a possibility. And the worst part of it is that with the new subscription, of you stop paying or it runs out, your cloud data is automatically deleted. That would be devestating, so say the least, for lots of people that keep hoards of Pokemon in their Bank all the time.

If they somehow merge Pokemon bank with their new online subscription, I will be mad. I don't really see this happening, but I can't get it out of my brain that it could be a possibility. And the worst part of it is that with the new subscription, of you stop paying or it runs out, your cloud data is automatically deleted. That would be devestating, so say the least, for lots of people that keep hoards of Pokemon in their Bank all the time.

On the one hand it would sort of make sense if they did. But on the other considering that Nintendo automatically deletes cloud saves for Switch if you don't renew your subscription I too would prefer that they didn't do this.

Your cloud save data doesn't get erased right away. Pokémon Bank is currently in the exact same scenario, as your Bank data is also deleted at an unspecified amount of time after the subscription runs out, so really, it'd make no difference on that end whether Bank was merged with the online service or not.

With that being said, I doubt the two will merge. Pokémon bank has fees that Gamefreak specifically need to charge consumers for in order to keep maintenance and upkeep up to date, so unless Nintendo is taking over that responsibility, then I doubt the two services are going to join.

Back
Top Bottom