• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Bank launches in Europe and Australia: 3DS software gets surprise release aft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Bank launches in Europe and Australia: 3DS software gets surprise release

Attention to those of you in North America - according to Serebii, Pokemon Bank is now LIVE!

Re: Pokémon Bank launches in Europe and Australia: 3DS software gets surprise release

I hope all my mons pass through, I have my Mesprit and Azelf both shiny and caught in Master Balls to move but they're fully legit and I tediously SRed to get them. I dont know if any of my other mons are hacked, I think most are legit.

Cool! I've been working on gathering up an army of Unown in Pokemon Diamond to unleash upon the world on the GTS and WonderTrade. :-D

Aaaand I lost my game so I can't transfer my Pokemon.

Come to think of it, knowing the way levels were handled with the Pokemon Dream World I think it was possible to get certain evolved Pokemon at legit under-levels (e.g. lv.10 Staravia). (Or was it...?)

I got a Staravia from the Dream World, and it was at the level it evolved at. All evolved Pokémon that evolve at a certain level that you could find in the DW were all at that level.

Ugh, hurry up and download! I wanna get my living pokedex transferred over so i can get that Shiny Charm in X!

FUCK!!! This came out on the day after my data from Pokemon Black 2 (It had 450 Pokemon in it) was corrupted. WHY?!?!!?!?!? (;-;)

Yikes, that sucks.. :( Did your hardware turn off while the game was saving or something...?

FUCK!!! This came out on the day after my data from Pokemon Black 2 (It had 450 Pokemon in it) was corrupted. WHY?!?!!?!?!? (;-;)

... That's the most heartbreaking thing I've read since the guy who accidentally ran away from a Shiny Pokémon... :(

---

Yay! Pokémon Bank is out! I found out about this while I was on break at work browsing facebook on my phone and it put me in such a good mood that I powered through the rest of my shift and raced home.
Currently in the middle of transferring my Living Pokédex (up to mid-Johto right now) and I gotta say the one-box-at-a-time rule is making the process a little more awkward than it really should've been, and it's only made worse if you have a physical copy of X/Y and need to spend a lot of your time switching Game Cards.
All in all though, I gotta say the software actually runs far more smoothly than previous efforts in online connectivity for Pokémon (NOT A SINGLE ERROR MESSAGE, IT'S A MIRACLE) which is refreshing from the Gen V Game Sync function which always took a good twenty minutes before it would work properly. Good to know that the $6.50 annual fee will be well worth the lack of error messages and better servers.

The only thing I'm kinda disappointed about (well, apart from the one-box-for-transferring-only rule) is that you can't use the touchscreen with Bank. I personally prefer touchscreen controls, especially when moving a whole box worth of Pokémon at once. At least you're able to do this by toggling the start button (without that, I would be really pissed off by this point).
Probably a 7 out of 10. Hoping that a later version will have an option for solo touch screen controls.

This. Hopefully, Pokemon Bank has better enhancements in terms of touch-screen controls and transferring multiple Boxes at once...

Wow, commemorations to Nintendo for its updated hack checks.
Hackers beware that Pokémon Bank's hack checker is more sensitive than Nintendo's previous checkers apparently. It picked up that my Arceus was fake :( I thought it was real, the OT and everything was all correct. :( That's a bummer. This means a trader somewhere on the forums has ripped me off. :mad:

A friend told me that a new warning message appeared for PokeMover that if you try to get hacks through and if you get caught, you won't be able to use PokeMover afterwards. Dunno how it's like for other countries.

It doesn't seem like a fair punishment to me if you don't know the Pokemon you were trying to transfer was hacked, like what happened with the poster above.

Sorry about your Arceus plight, Bittersweet. :(

Agreed; while it's befitting retribution towards people who attempt to use Pokemon with illegal movesets/attributes on actual Pokemon games, being prevented from using the service ever again is totally unfair for people who unknowingly received hacked Pokemon through pre-Generation 6 trades. At worst, let the banned Pokemon be un-migrateable to Generation 6 and let the player continue business as usual with legitimate Pokemon. I mean, that's a bit much to ask players to make sure all of their Pokemon in Generation 5 cartridges are legitimate - you would essentially have to check most of/every single attribute of each Pokemon (Ability, moves, IVs, EVs, total stat values, etc., some of which are slightly hard to find via officially-promoted sources).

Hackers beware that Pokémon Bank's hack checker is more sensitive than Nintendo's previous checkers apparently. It picked up that my Arceus was fake :( I thought it was real, the OT and everything was all correct. :( That's a bummer. This means a trader somewhere on the forums has ripped me off. :mad:

A friend told me that a new warning message appeared for PokeMover that if you try to get hacks through and if you get caught, you won't be able to use PokeMover afterwards. Dunno how it's like for other countries.

You mean, you'll never be able to use it again? Or will it stop you for a period of time or something?
Not sure what the warning message exactly said since she didn't specify.

However, the PokeBank/PokeMover official site for my country has pretty much warned us through an FAQ:

Translation:
Q: Does the PokeBank have features that can check for illegal pokemons that can't be put in the Bank?
A: We are not going to specify the details as it will potentially hinder future checks.
We strongly recommend you play as instructed by the guide included with your game if you wish to protect your beloved pokemons and your save data

At least they aren't joking around when they said something bad's going to happen if you try to bring in hacks. I'm not going to risk my game just to test to see what happens.

Btw, they also mentioned any pokemon created through smartphone apps won't ever make it through the PokeMover/PokeBank.

Yeah about that.
There have been reports of people unable to transfer pokemon with certain moves that are from generation 3 that are legal. So they could have arguably broke the hack detection and is actually prohibiting legal pokemon from getting through. I.E Body slam Kangaskhan.

If that's the case, this occurrence should definitely be fixed; Game Freak is the one who programmed those pre-Generation 6 movesets and tutors in the first place; those should constantly be kept into account with each new generation. IMO, in this post-Generation 2 era, once a move has been available as a Move Tutor/TM, it should similarly be available in subsequent generations (the Emerald Version Move Tutors come to mind). I don't think any of those moves would be 'game-breaking' beyond their debut generations, and I don't see any reason for their exclusion other than "saving them for a 'third'/'newer' version" (which is bad design as you're intentionally limiting gameplay for no good reason) or time constraints.

I've also heard that it assumes that shiny Pokemon caught in a Master Ball are hacked, and it can't get through even if it's legit.

That's false at least at a general level, and that's how it should be, as there's nothing inherently wrong with that combination. The shiny Regi trio I RNG abused personally in Platinum (thus perfectly legit), two of which were caught in M. Balls, went through, as did my shiny Faraway Island Mew, which might or might not be legit - I don't know as I got it from elsewhere.

This (as in, that combination is definitely legitimate).

-----------

Also, if they're taking such a stance against hacked Pokemon (whether or not the movesets and stats are legal), at least make the hard-to-obtain event legendary Pokemon somehow obtainable in-game. While I personally wouldn't mind battling against Pokemon generated outside the game (as long as their IVs, Shinyness, and Ability were randomly generated), it's interesting that such rigid checks are being instituted.

Sorry about your Arceus plight, Bittersweet. :(

It's not big deal actually, since I have two other legit Arceus that passed Bank's checks. :)

Agreed; while it's befitting retribution towards people who attempt to use Pokemon with illegal movesets/attributes on actual Pokemon games, being prevented from using the service ever again is totally unfair for people who unknowingly received hacked Pokemon through pre-Generation 6 trades. At worst, let the banned Pokemon be un-migrateable to Generation 6 and let the player continue business as usual with legitimate Pokemon. I mean, that's a bit much to ask players to make sure all of their Pokemon in Generation 5 cartridges are legitimate - you would essentially have to check most of/every single attribute of each Pokemon (Ability, moves, IVs, EVs, total stat values, etc., some of which are slightly hard to find via officially-promoted sources).

I think what you just described (the part I put in bold) is exactly how it works. I think the way it works is that PokeMover just checks for hacks upon migrating to Gen VI, and simply tells you "This Pokémon can't be sent to bank because of reasons" (which is what it told me to warn me that my Arceus was illegal). But if you try to upload hacked Pokémon to the Bank server from a Gen VI game, THEN the rules come into play where you may lose the ability to use Bank properly. Essentially they're trying to cull hacked Pokémon from Gen VI... I'm not sure what hacking options there are in gen VI right now? I'm not sure if there's Action Replay for the 3DS out or anything? Are similar checks being put in place for the PSS or GTS trading networks?

Yeah about that.
There have been reports of people unable to transfer pokemon with certain moves that are from generation 3 that are legal. So they could have arguably broke the hack detection and is actually prohibiting legal pokemon from getting through. I.E Body slam Kangaskhan.

I'm probably overthinking this, but is it possible this was done on purpose, and that maybe Nintendo wants to cull out older movesets that wouldn't be available to new players?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom