• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Bank launches in Europe and Australia: 3DS software gets surprise release aft

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Pokémon Bank launches in Europe and Australia: 3DS software gets surprise release after delay

Pokémon Bank, the 3DS software that allows online storage of Pokémon, plus transfer of pre-Gen IV Pokémon via Pokémon Transporter, has appeared on the 3DS eShop in Europe and Australia.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Pokémon Bank launches in Europe and Australia: 3DS software gets surprise release

Whhhyyyyyy do you do this to is Nintendo!? *cries*

Re: Pokémon Bank launches in Europe and Australia: 3DS software gets surprise release

Aaaallright. *smugface*

Just to check, is there a quicker way of doing the transfer process than what I'm doing at the moment?

- Turn off 3DS, put in White 2
- Turn on 3DS, open Poke Transporter, move the box of Pokemon
- Exit and run White 2 to move Pokemon to Box 1
- Save and turn off 3DS
- Put in Pokemon X, turn on 3DS, open the Pokemon Bank
- Move Pokemon from the Transport Box to another Box (luckily figured out you need to press start to toggle the movement)
- Save and repeat

Going to take hours to get through this - but I suppose I can't complain - still a breeze compared to moving Pokemon from Sapphire.

What's the logic behind not being able to transfer straight to a box, especially needing to have an X or Y cart in the slot to do that?

Just to check, is there a quicker way of doing the transfer process than what I'm doing at the moment?

- Turn off 3DS, put in White 2
- Turn on 3DS, open Poke Transporter, move the box of Pokemon
- Exit and run White 2 to move Pokemon to Box 1
- Save and turn off 3DS
- Put in Pokemon X, turn on 3DS, open the Pokemon Bank
- Move Pokemon from the Transport Box to another Box (luckily figured out you need to press start to toggle the movement)
- Save and repeat

Going to take hours to get through this - but I suppose I can't complain - still a breeze compared to moving Pokemon from Sapphire.

What's the logic behind not being able to transfer straight to a box, especially needing to have an X or Y cart in the slot to do that?

Well, you don't need to turn the console off to switch games on the 3DS, exiting the game so that no game is running is enough. But otherwise that's how it works, yes.

Well, you don't need to turn the console off to switch games on the 3DS, exiting the game so that no game is running is enough.
That will save a little bit of time, thanks.

Well it's about time (for Europe at least). I smell an American heading our way shortly.

I think North Americans should be ready with their most important Pokémon to transfer in Box 1 before Pokémon Bank releases in their region because I have used about 1.5 hours just thinking about the right Pokémon to transfer by Pokémon Bank since I don't want to transfer all of my Pokémon from Generation V to Generation VI.

"Today's release in PAL territories leaves North America as the only major region still awaiting the software."
The other Americas aren't considered major regions? All right, all right, perhaps they aren't or it isn't that much of a problem, but it just drives me crazy their constant exclusion in every Pokémon Bank-related news.

Hearing this news pretty much made my morning. I've already transferred my event shiny Dialga, Palkia and Giratina from White to X, as well as a Snivy (from White) and my fully EV trained Darkrai from Platinum. Commiserations to anyone from America and other regions, though at least you can now be safe in the knowledge that Nintendo/Game Freak are working on getting Bank released seeing as regions other than Japan are now starting to get it.

My event legendaries got through, finally i can pet my Arceus in Pokemon Amie. Still the constant switching between Y and White is getting tiresome, why couldn't you just put all the mons at once in the Pokemon Transporter and then transfer them to a X and Y game?

Of course I have to be an American >_>

Its my day off and it would be a perfect time for me to transfer

Finally! I can transfer my faves from previous generations, though it's a shame that Americahas not got it yet.

Could've been sooner, I EV trained my Dratini yesterday and I could've made it quicker with Pokerus ¬_¬

I get that they're probably dividing this up to reduce server load, so I'm not surprised that NA is left out here (I didn't think they'd be the only ones, however). But I'm hoping it doesn't take too long, if it takes more than say, a week, then I think that's grounds for complaints.

I can do without Bank, all I want is something for post-game

Awesoooome!!! Finally I have my little Celebi <3 And very soon all of my old-timers will be joining me, moahahaha >8D

I get that they're probably dividing this up to reduce server load, so I'm not surprised that NA is left out here (I didn't think they'd be the only ones, however). But I'm hoping it doesn't take too long, if it takes more than say, a week, then I think that's grounds for complaints.
Not really, it took 2 weeks between the Korea release and this one. Complaining won't make them move any faster. Let's just be happy the bank is on track to being released again before reverting back to complaining about it again.

Fun fact: My friend found out about PokeBank so early, we actually had to WAIT before we had access to Celebi -- It wasn't in the bank yet when we installed it! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom