• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Bank

Status
Not open for further replies.
And about that Japanese idol (which it's Shoko Nakagawa). More or less, Shoko Nakagawa is an older fan of Pokemon. The difference is that Nakagawa is a Japanese model and it's the presentor of Get TV. The influence in the development of Bank is actually zero.

SHE IS HOT

but you people complaining are as bad as COD players if not worse i think what there doing is redesigning it for the USA and other regions which is taking them so much time with servers in each region rather than have one region host

Thats the issue. They arent working. They got it out in asia and now they are back to slacking. I understand if they gave it a couple days to see how it went but it has been a week. They are giving zero effort all because a few people told them like it is. Nintendo is a joke to me now. After pokemon bank im not sure im gonna be getting any more nintendo products until they shape up

It wouldn't have gone back up in Asia if they hadn't been working on it. So they have. Also, we don't know what the reason is. For all we know, they have to make sure all things check out all right for the rest of the world and it can take a while. I fail to see how that equates to putting forth zero effort when it is clearly back up and running.

Yes it is. In asia. It is 100% fully functional and they just arent releasing it here due to some mean tweets. That is ridiculously sad. And also it took a month to get it back up in asia when in all reality that problem takes any other company a week or less to solve

fir the love of god

THATS NOT WHY

DOE WE NEED TO SAY IT MULTIPLE TIMES

Honestly what you say doesnt matter too much right now. Because you have nothing behind your argument. Nintendo not releasing the bank is anyone's guess. Mine is as good as anyone's. So until we get some pr I am free to say whatever I believe and that is exactly what I believe and what all evidence points to

Also no, nobody can or will shut up about nintendo saying nothing because ONE PRESS REPORT which says very little overall that isn't a standard response from about 2 weeks ago doesn't hold much sway in the "Nintendo are not being transparent!" argument.
It was little than a week ago and Nintendo at least apologized unlike a lot of companies i know and said what they are doing at the moment so the argument saying that Nintendo hasn't told anything or gave an update in the whole month is fucking invalid now.

Last edited:
Thats the issue. They arent working. They got it out in asia and now they are back to slacking. I understand if they gave it a couple days to see how it went but it has been a week. They are giving zero effort all because a few people told them like it is. Nintendo is a joke to me now. After pokemon bank im not sure im gonna be getting any more nintendo products until they shape up

It wouldn't have gone back up in Asia if they hadn't been working on it. So they have. Also, we don't know what the reason is. For all we know, they have to make sure all things check out all right for the rest of the world and it can take a while. I fail to see how that equates to putting forth zero effort when it is clearly back up and running.

Yes it is. In asia. It is 100% fully functional and they just arent releasing it here due to some mean tweets. That is ridiculously sad. And also it took a month to get it back up in asia when in all reality that problem takes any other company a week or less to solve

fir the love of god

THATS NOT WHY

Didn't I already tell you your Caps Lock seems to be malfunctioning?

@topic: I'm not sure what else I can say right now that's not already been said here a hundred times already; we need more transparency to stop incidents like this from blowing out of proportion. As far as most people are concerned the bank is up and functional with no reason to be delayed further. I'm sure there's some reason (none of which are legitimate at this point) but if they don't actually say anything then nobody, be it their customers or their investors, will be too likely to trust them.

I get angry by people who have been told they are wrong/cant accept they are wrong when told multiple times.

fir the love of god

THATS NOT WHY

@topic: I'm not sure what else I can say right now that's not already been said here a hundred times already; we need more transparency to stop incidents like this from blowing out of proportion. As far as most people are concerned the bank is up and functional with no reason to be delayed further. I'm sure there's some reason (none of which are legitimate at this point) but if they don't actually say anything then nobody, be it their customers or their investors, will be too likely to trust them.

I get angry by people who have been told they are wrong/cant accept they are wrong when told multiple times.

1. its the internet, no need to get angry. 2. you may say that but you have absolutely no proof because nintendo has said nothing

Also no, nobody can or will shut up about nintendo saying nothing because ONE PRESS REPORT which says very little overall that isn't a standard response from about 2 weeks ago doesn't hold much sway in the "Nintendo are not being transparent!" argument.
It was little than a week ago and Nintendo at least apologized unlike a lot of companies i know and said what they are doing at the moment so the argument saying that Nintendo hasn't told anything or gave an update in the whole month is fucking invalid now.

really, then what is the hold up? exactly. we still are in the dark

fir the love of god

THATS NOT WHY

1. its the internet, no need to get angry. 2. you may say that but you have absolutely no proof because nintendo has said nothing

you have been told multiple times that the reason they are not releasing it is not because of the tweets

THE HOLD UP IS THAT THEY ARE TESTING IN WESTERN MARKETS

fir the love of god

THATS NOT WHY

you have been told multiple times that the reason they are not releasing it is not because of the tweets

The largest surge of customers would have been in the first couple days. They had no problems then and arent having any now so there is another theory down. try again

fir the love of god

THATS NOT WHY

The largest surge of customers would have been in the first couple days. They had no problems then and aren't having any now so there is another theory down. try again
They don't have the good enough servers in North America to host bank. They have good enough servers in Asia, and that's why it has been released there, and works.

fir the love of god

THATS NOT WHY

The largest surge of customers would have been in the first couple days. They had no problems then and aren't having any now so there is another theory down. try again
They don't have the good enough servers in North America to host bank. They have good enough servers in Asia, and that's why it has been released there, and works.

So they work on the servers on japan so they can bet bank out for them with minimal issues and nintendo of america doesnt care and has just been sitting here doing nothing? Yep that makes me feel great about nintendo. When creating and maintaining the servers the should work as hard and quickly as possible everywhere. Not slack just because they feel they only need to please one group of customers

fir the love of god

THATS NOT WHY

So they work on the servers on japan so they can bet bank out for them with minimal issues and nintendo of america doesnt care and has just been sitting here doing nothing? Yep that makes me feel great about nintendo. When creating and maintaining the servers the should work as hard and quickly as possible everywhere. Not slack just because they feel they only need to please one group of customers
They most likely thought that the servers in Asia could hold the North American traffic, but they couldn't.

fir the love of god

THATS NOT WHY

They most likely thought that the servers in Asia could hold the North American traffic, but they couldn't.

Asia has by far the most traffic. If they can handle the first day surge of users in asia then there is no reason they cant support north america and europe

Ok stop with the reply with quote and not deleting the old stuff, just post the stuff you are directly replying to please... WOW.

Now about the transparency of Nintendo. This is a Japanese company, that is run as the Japanese buisness culture runs and not how an American buisness runs. We here have press conferences when a CEO goes out of town for the weekend, they dont. They put out status or other information the company feels is important to consumers and then you will not hear anything again until that status changes. Right now the status has not changed, thus no report. It has been brought up before in this very thread that it is just how that culture works. Consumer business in JPN is much different than here and we here in the US dont understand it, we dont usually like it and we cant do anything to change it, it is not our place to. I do believe that a company that is on a worldwide stage needs to consider the differences in consumers around the world, but the historicly xenophobic and proud people of Japan dont see it that way. We are Gaijin, and it is not a word used affectionatly.

Dom

Ok stop with the reply with quote and not deleting the old stuff, just post the stuff you are directly replying to please... WOW.

Now about the transparency of Nintendo. This is a Japanese company, that is run as the Japanese buisness culture runs and not how an American buisness runs. We here have press conferences when a CEO goes out of town for the weekend, they dont. They put out status or other information the company feels is important to consumers and then you will not hear anything again until that status changes. Right now the status has not changed, thus no report. It has been brought up before in this very thread that it is just how that culture works. Consumer business in JPN is much different than here and we here in the US dont understand it, we dont usually like it and we cant do anything to change it, it is not our place to. I do believe that a company that is on a worldwide stage needs to consider the differences in consumers around the world, but the historicly xenophobic and proud people of Japan dont see it that way. We are Gaijin, and it is not a word used affectionatly.

Dom

If you are gonna be an international company you need to learn international business practices. You need to be professional everywhere and nintendo clearly is not

Dom

If you are gonna be an international company you need to learn international business practices. You need to be professional everywhere and nintendo clearly is not

Agreed, but we are Americans and that is our POV not theirs. This is true with companies like Toyota (remember the sticking throttle issues a few years ago), Sony and many others. Some japanese compaines are better than others but they are all very similar... It is THEIR culture not ours.

Dom

This thread is like living groundhog day, with the same arguments and complaints (and conspiracies) about Nintendo and the Bank repeated over and over ad nauseam for the last month. Going to close this until we get some news or an update (or even a release if we're lucky!) of Bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom