• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Bank

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got one word for you, taxes.
Depends on whether or not taxes are already figured in to the stated price tag.

That is a good point.
Some taxes are, others are not. (To cite two examples I know of, gas taxes are but sales taxes are not.)

I'm actually expecting to be quoted at almost 6 dollars for the app where I am (because I live in Texas, and we have a sales tax on online purchases). Sales tax is added into the cost from the start through the eshop. I'm not going to accuse Nintendo of being evil greedy jerk faces, because Texas is the one that added some change to the cost.

So I assume there is something similar going on with NZ and Australia, since they like to tax the pants off people for things bought from outside countries.

Within the US, sales tax is not part of the viewable purchase price because sales taxes vary between states, and sometimes even between cities or counties within a state. In other countries, where a sales tax is typically national, it is more common for the sales tax to be part of the price of purchase and isn't added on after the fact.

This is why the E-shop asks where you live (and within the US, even asks for a specific zip code), so it can properly apply the appropriate taxes.

So while there may be a universal price for say, Europe, it might vary a bit if the UK's tax is different from France's tax.

I think that at least in Europe, the VAT is included in the price. For example, in France, the price (4,99 €) is the 119,6% of the price. The 100% goes to Nintendo (to maintain the servers, but it could be to pay the staff, pay the XY gamnes or even animation of the Pokemon anime) and the 19,6% is going to the French goverment.

As usual, Eurozone and UK get the short end of the pricing stick.

At least its better than the PS4, which had the same number value for both Euro price and dollar price, thus resulting in the European PS4 costing an equivalent of over $500.

Also, not all EU countries have the same tax either, so Nintendo couldn't give a price with tax included for the whole Eurozone.

Ooh, I can't wait for Pokemon Bank! It means I can start using the GTS and breeding some Pokemon again for trading. So many nicknamed Pokemon, with dumb nitwits asking for Pokemon nobody has access to yet. The $5 fee A YEAR is nothing, I spent $10 on a fancy hat in TF2. 8U Gaming is an expensive hobby, so I can't complain.

Ooh, I can't wait for Pokemon Bank! It means I can start using the GTS and breeding some Pokemon again for trading. So many nicknamed Pokemon, with dumb nitwits asking for Pokemon nobody has access to yet. The $5 fee A YEAR is nothing, I spent $10 on a fancy hat in TF2. 8U Gaming is an expensive hobby, so I can't complain.
Unfortunatley not all of us get an income. IMO it still sucks that Australia and NZ have to pay more. This is the only thing I dislike about being an Aussie, videogame-related stuff costs heaps more than in other countries.

If an individual doesn't have an income, that is unfortunate. But if you've figured out how to get a $100+ game console and $40+ game without a job, then you can probably figure out a way to get an app with an annual fee that is a fraction of either of those purchases.

If there's economic or other factors that make gaming in Australia and New Zealand more expensive, again, that's unfortunate for those living there. But that's hardly Nintendo's fault and it isn't realistic to expect them to change policy for one game app when all indications that similar pricing structures would be followed with Bank.

Unfortunatley not all of us get an income. IMO it still sucks that Australia and NZ have to pay more. This is the only thing I dislike about being an Aussie, videogame-related stuff costs heaps more than in other countries.
At least our sales tax in included in every price.

Oh, and you can likely attribute the high cost of anything in Australia to our high minimum wage. It's a double-edged sword - if you want to have a high minimum wage, it means employing every employee involved in local distribution costs more, which means retailers must pay more and thus the consumer pays more.

Hey guys, I have a Pokemon Bank question. I realize I have the same information available as anyone else, but maybe someone with more experience with the DS in general can help me :-\.

There's a lot of stuff on the FAQ about Nintendo Wireless Connection IDs that I don't get. I don't even pretend to get. So here's my question.

I played Pokemon Black, White, Black 2, White 2, Platinum, blah blah blah all on my Nintendo DS. Great times.

I didn't transfer any sort of Wireless ID from there onto my 3DS when I got it because, frankly, I didn't know I needed to.

I'm happily playing Pokemon Y on the 3DS.

Will I be able to stick all of those DS Pokemons into the 3DS to use Pokemon Bank? They'll have different connection IDs (I guess?), different info- whatever. Is there some sort of requirement that's going to stop me from moving these onto the Pokemon Bank?

Thanks!

A wireless ID is just the game cart assigning an ID to the DS console you're using. If you switch it, it causes you to get a new FC (obviously this has changed with Gen 6) and your Pal-Pad is deleted.

I played Pokemon Black, White, Black 2, White 2, Platinum, blah blah blah all on my Nintendo DS. Great times.

Will I be able to stick all of those DS Pokemons into the 3DS to use Pokemon Bank? They'll have different connection IDs (I guess?), different info- whatever. Is there some sort of requirement that's going to stop me from moving these onto the Pokemon Bank?

Yes, Pokemon Bank isn't compatible with any Gen IV games (DPPt, HGSS). You need to export your Platinum team to a Gen V game via Poketransporter.

The connection IDs between different game files have no impact on Bank's functionality.

Does anyone know what will happen to any Pokemon left in the bank after the trial expires, or if our subscription runs out and we forget to renew it? I'd hate to think of any of my Pokemon being lost forever :(

The FAQ says the policy is still in development. But regardless of policy, it isn't like the end of the subscription is a surprise. Just take them out before the end occurs.

I wager nothing serious happens. Like all those junk GTS trades cloggin up the server, which we know don't get purged very often if at all.

I would imagine you have a month to pay up or lose everything in there.

I don't imagine Gamefreak would do that. I'd find it more likely that you'll just lose access to your account and your Pokemon until you pay again.

I don't imagine Gamefreak would do that. I'd find it more likely that you'll just lose access to your account and your Pokemon until you pay again.
Storage space isn't free. If I store 3,000 bidoof in my bank and don't pay, GameFreak still has to pay to maintain that horde of Bidoof I can't even access.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom