• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Bank

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to point out this is roughly the cost of getting a cheap fast food meal. For a year long service. That is super convienent.

I don't think Nintendo points card exist where i live...

Are you able to get prepaid credit cards?

Yeah most likely but still i really hope i don't need to pay or give credit card info just to download it because i just want to transfer my pokemon in my White to version to Y version, don't care about using the storage.

I'd like to point out this is roughly the cost of getting a cheap fast food meal. For a year long service. That is super convienent.

Yeah, when you stop to think about how much other stuff you buy for 5 bucks that doesn't last nearly as long, you realize just how much of a pittance it is for such a useful tool (especially since it supports mass-transferring and moving of Mon instead of having to do them one at a time).

500 yen a year is an absolute steal when it allows us to circumvent needing two 3DS' to trade or transfer Pokémon from older games. Not to mention, the cloud storage in case of theft etc. You'll spend more on lunch a day than you would on Pokémon Bank in a year.

My main concern though is - what will it be linked to? Our Global Link accounts or our consoles? Because sure, it's great if our games get stolen that we have these backups but if it's tied to our 3DS and that gets stolen...

Also, GameFreak could so use this with Gen III VC titles.

Last edited:
If those 25$ American Express cards from WalMart work then I'll get one of those and have the entire 6th gen covered for the transfer.

I wonder will Pokemon stored in the Pokemon Bank be transferable early in the game?

Useful, but a little odd for GF. This is basically a form of paid DLC. We have never, ever, EVER in the history of Pokemon have paid (extra) content! Hope GF doesn't turn into EA or something, that would suck. I heard its just $5 a year for 3000 Pokemon, not that much phew. Thank god its not something like $99 for 12 boxes of 30 or something like that. Would be nice for "backing up" my event Pokemons or easily trading them between games.
Well, not in the mainline games. But we have in the spin-offs: if you wanted all the dungeons in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, you had to pay for them. I wasn't happy that I had to pay for it but I did it anyway.

But then again, $5 a year is mere pocket change. I spent around that on a daily basis for my lunch; that's around $30 a month. I can hardly complain about a five dollar yearly fee to store some of my precious Pokemon.

Mystery Dungeons games aren't developed by Game Freak, though. I really hope they don't start cutting things out of the games to sell as DLC later, like certain companies love to do. Since the 3DS games may be upgradeable, they could use this to balance certain things in the games and stuff like that, for free, of course.

What would be really awesome is if Pokemon Bank were compatible with certain spinoff games. For instance, imagine after beating a new Mystery Dungeon game you got access to your Pokemon Bank and could copy the Pokemon data stored in there to MD?

The price is on the Japanese website, 500 yen. Converting that to US dollars, it is $5.06, assuming they'll be the same price. 5 bucks a year doesn't seem bad for a long term contract.

Useful, but a little odd for GF. This is basically a form of paid DLC. We have never, ever, EVER in the history of Pokemon have paid (extra) content! Hope GF doesn't turn into EA or something, that would suck. I heard its just $5 a year for 3000 Pokemon, not that much phew. Thank god its not something like $99 for 12 boxes of 30 or something like that. Would be nice for "backing up" my event Pokemons or easily trading them between games.

People have paid for My Pokemon Ranch, people have paid for Pokemon Box RS. The only difference is that those services were marketed as "games" when they were nothing more than a peripheral to the main series. Neither one is useful on its own.

Even if it was $1 a year I wouldn't be happy. I shouldn't have to pay to transfer my Pokemon I've had for years now.

Hoping there's just a way to transfer everything and cancel the subscription or whatever.

Isn't the PokeTransfer different from Pokemon Bank? Like, Transfer is the free one for transering between BW/B2W2 and XY, while PokeBank is storage for XY. Unless I am mistaken and read BulbaNews wrong. D:

And even then, you technically do already have to pay to transfer Pokemon between Gens. =P You had to pay for the new game and/or console right? (yes that was a bad joke, I'll just slip away quietly now...)

If it needs credit card info to download it then i'm pretty much screwed because i don't have one. I really hope that you don't need to give credit card info to download it for free...

You can probably just get a Nintendo points card like usual.
I don't think Nintendo points card exist where i live...

If the time comes and you have 0 options to do this, I'd be happy to help you figure something out. Either working out a way to get you cards or another viable payment method.

I just realized this means Bill's PC Storage Service is now going to be a real physical thing.

Pokemon Bank stores it in a server; my point is that by storing the data in the 3DS, it costs no money to maintain....

Yes, and then you bog down your SD card with all that Pokemon information. Especially if you're like me and you train a crapload of Pokemon.

Seriously, I don't understand why people are pitching such a bitch fit over 5 dollars A YEAR. It seems incredibly stingy and pompous. I mean...WHY are so many people angry about something as trivial as 5 dollars a year? How much in shit do you spend a MONTH? And you're seriously going to complain over 5 dollars a year? Servers don't run on sunshine and rainbows, you know. Just stop and consider how HUGE PokeBank is going to have to be if every single person playing XY from now until the servers eventually go down has access to the space for 3,000 Pokemon. And you expect them to maintain all that on what, pixie farts or something?

What if there was no charge and PokeBank was free? We'd have shitty servers that you might have problems accessing, or that might crash or glitch all over the place. You might have to deal with consistently losing Pokemon because the data gets lost or corrupted. Would you rather have all that mess, or pay an incredibly small fee (A YEAR, PEOPLE) and know that's a steady fund going to keeping the servers maintained and in good working order?

As far as PokePorter goes, yes, from what I remember you need an active PokeBank account to use PokePorter, which means having to pay for the service to move your Pokemon. But again, it's 5 dollars a year, not 5/10 dollars a month or 50 a year or something silly like that. And when they say a free trial period of PokeBank, I doubt it'll only be a few days or a week; it'll probably last a month or maybe longer, just like the Torchic distribution will be running for a while. GF knows not everyone is getting the game on launch day, and I'm pretty sure the free trial is solely for those people who want to transfer their Pokemon from Gen5 but will never actually make use of the PokeBank feature afterward.
No, it'd delete the pokemon from your SD card after you've transferred them to Gen 6.

And I'm just frustrated that I've given Nintendo $500 and they still want more.

Also, this fee WILL go up. Substantially. As I've said, this is the perfect money grabbing trick for them. Give us an amount (which we specify) or your pokemon will be gone.

I hope that you get an account on Pokemon Bank, instead of just linking it to our 3DS. What if you lose your 3DS? The account could be tied to other things, like optional minigames that unlock special prizes.

Pokemon Bank stores it in a server; my point is that by storing the data in the 3DS, it costs no money to maintain....

Yes, and then you bog down your SD card with all that Pokemon information. Especially if you're like me and you train a crapload of Pokemon.

Seriously, I don't understand why people are pitching such a bitch fit over 5 dollars A YEAR. It seems incredibly stingy and pompous. I mean...WHY are so many people angry about something as trivial as 5 dollars a year? How much in shit do you spend a MONTH? And you're seriously going to complain over 5 dollars a year? Servers don't run on sunshine and rainbows, you know. Just stop and consider how HUGE PokeBank is going to have to be if every single person playing XY from now until the servers eventually go down has access to the space for 3,000 Pokemon. And you expect them to maintain all that on what, pixie farts or something?

What if there was no charge and PokeBank was free? We'd have shitty servers that you might have problems accessing, or that might crash or glitch all over the place. You might have to deal with consistently losing Pokemon because the data gets lost or corrupted. Would you rather have all that mess, or pay an incredibly small fee (A YEAR, PEOPLE) and know that's a steady fund going to keeping the servers maintained and in good working order?

As far as PokePorter goes, yes, from what I remember you need an active PokeBank account to use PokePorter, which means having to pay for the service to move your Pokemon. But again, it's 5 dollars a year, not 5/10 dollars a month or 50 a year or something silly like that. And when they say a free trial period of PokeBank, I doubt it'll only be a few days or a week; it'll probably last a month or maybe longer, just like the Torchic distribution will be running for a while. GF knows not everyone is getting the game on launch day, and I'm pretty sure the free trial is solely for those people who want to transfer their Pokemon from Gen5 but will never actually make use of the PokeBank feature afterward.
No, it'd delete the pokemon from your SD card after you've transferred them to Gen 6.

And I'm just frustrated that I've given Nintendo $500 and they still want more.

Also, this fee WILL go up. Substantially. As I've said, this is the perfect money grabbing trick for them. Give us an amount (which we specify) or your pokemon will be gone.

Then just transfer your Pokemon once and never use it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom