• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Bank

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm bothered I the bank didn't come out in the states quick enough to restart myself 30 Blazikenites.

I'm bothered I the bank didn't come out in the states quick enough to restart myself 30 Blazikenites.

I... I don't even... wait...

Actually, does anyone think it possible that they delayed it for reasons like this? o_O
Megavolutions seem to be their big thing, and this seems to be the only event that I can think of that could've been so easily exploited.

According to the tweet that Nintendo of Japan posted this Tuesday, they're currently stress testing the Pokémon Bank servers so that it'll be ready for release.

Last edited:

Actually, does anyone think it possible that they delayed it for reasons like this? o_O
Megavolutions seem to be their big thing, and this seems to be the only event that I can think of that could've been so easily exploited.

It can't that way. Items can't be stored on Bank. It's on the FAQ.

This could definitely be part of it. If Nintendo doesn't expect to make a significant amount of money from this, and all it does is stress their network anyway, they're likely to ditch the idea. We can hope that they'll allow us to transfer Pokémon through an offline mechanism (like Poké Transfer for Gen IV-->V) such as an update to X and Y or another app. Since we expected a lot of people to just transfer everything during the 30 days and get a free ride from Bank (because way fewer people care about the cloud storage feature), they could conceivably charge us $5 for the offline app and make more money while avoiding server issues. On this thread, I don't see a lot of people saying "I can't wait for Bank to come out so I can have 3000 storage spaces;" they're saying "I want to transfer my Pokémon." The storage idea is clearly far less popular and could be discarded with little impact on sales. They're stuck because they've already promised Bank for everyone and, now, it just seems like a shitty idea on their end. They're also dealing with terrible Wii U sales and a general decline in the console market. So profits are big and they don't have room for mistakes.

In 2010 during December (the key month for game sales) 21,8 millions of games were sold. This December there's 11,8 millions of games sold. This December has the weakest year for the 3DS of the three of his lifespan and nothing comparable to the years of the DS (even in 2008). (True, it has been higher the three month priors for a reason that we know very well).

And the WiiU is a disaster for Nintendo. Since September 9 millions of 3DS were sold (some with XY games) while 1.5 millions of DS are sold. The main cause of this is that the market is more to give " an android telephone, a tablet.

Pokemon XY should be very helpful that's actually getting around 10 millions of copies (if we included the downloading ones) that gives the games a 1# spot on the 3DS games, things that Diamond and Pearl and his 18 millions of copies never did.

I think that they will be released, but possibly with restriction in use.

not really, as soon as that hoopa event launchs ( or whatever) people can get it store reset the game get it store it repeat until you have 100

Well would I be able to trade them to my bro while keeping my insane collection of pokes.

This could definitely be part of it. If Nintendo doesn't expect to make a significant amount of money from this, and all it does is stress their network anyway, they're likely to ditch the idea. We can hope that they'll allow us to transfer Pokémon through an offline mechanism (like Poké Transfer for Gen IV-->V) such as an update to X and Y or another app. Since we expected a lot of people to just transfer everything during the 30 days and get a free ride from Bank (because way fewer people care about the cloud storage feature), they could conceivably charge us $5 for the offline app and make more money while avoiding server issues. On this thread, I don't see a lot of people saying "I can't wait for Bank to come out so I can have 3000 storage spaces;" they're saying "I want to transfer my Pokémon." The storage idea is clearly far less popular and could be discarded with little impact on sales. They're stuck because they've already promised Bank for everyone and, now, it just seems like a shitty idea on their end. They're also dealing with terrible Wii U sales and a general decline in the console market. So profits are big and they don't have room for mistakes.

In 2010 during December (the key month for game sales) 21,8 millions of games were sold. This December there's 11,8 millions of games sold. This December has the weakest year for the 3DS of the three of his lifespan and nothing comparable to the years of the DS (even in 2008). (True, it has been higher the three month priors for a reason that we know very well).

And the WiiU is a disaster for Nintendo. Since September 9 millions of 3DS were sold (some with XY games) while 1.5 millions of DS are sold. The main cause of this is that the market is more to give " an android telephone, a tablet.

Pokemon XY should be very helpful that's actually getting around 10 millions of copies (if we included the downloading ones) that gives the games a 1# spot on the 3DS games, things that Diamond and Pearl and his 18 millions of copies never did.

How do you know that XY sold 10 millions? Where did you see that?

How do you know that XY sold 10 millions? Where did you see that?

Actual boxed games sales were at about 9.25 million a bit over a week back. Nintendo doesn't seem to give any figures of eShop sales, but even if it is somewhat speculative, 750 000 sold digital copies still doesn't sound like too much of a stretch.

According to the tweet that Nintendo of Japan posted this Tuesday, they're currently stress testing the Pokémon Bank servers so that it'll be ready for release.

Stress testing... Thanks Mecha, this is EXACTLY what have been saying is the most likely issue, it looks like the hardware was not up to the demand that Nintendo recieved. This is also only the traffic from one country, in one time zone. Lets hope the switches and servers can handle the loads soon, I want my mons from Silver and Black!!

Dom

where did you see that sales were 9,25 millions copies a week back?

Well would I be able to trade them to my bro while keeping my insane collection of pokes.

True, that would work. Just the way you originally brought it up implied solely using Bank.

The fact that NoJ is doing stress testing is a good thing. It means we might actually get a release date in the near future. Right now, just getting a date would make me happy. Then I could plan on bringing over my shiny Automaton army. XD

Stress tests are a good sign, because after all whats the point of releasing the app if the networks gonna crash again.

I think they should do a midnight release on a school night.

wave 1-Midnight-this would still be the biggest wave, would be adult pokemon fans and older kids that will be awake for the midnight release.(cutting out the school children would still help alot)

Wave 2-Wake up-this would be kids and adult that download the app before school and work between 6-9am.

wave 3-Afternoon-this would be kids and adults downloading the app after school or work gets out. 3-6PM

I think these 3 "waves" will put the most stress on the system Wave 1 being the most stressful.

Stress testing is a good thing, but I would still expect it to be a rocky release, just because that's how it always is with things when they first go live. (and I don't really hold it against anyone that this happens). Real world is always going to find a way to break something that the testing just couldn't XD.

I wish Nintendo the best of luck that they'll manage to release it without murphys law striking a second time.

I just wish the fanboys would stop spamming the Bank on Nintendo's Facebook posts, even on those not related to Pokémon. Frankly, those are giving me a headache. X_X

I just wish the fanboys would stop spamming the Bank on Nintendo's Facebook posts, even on those not related to Pokémon. Frankly, those are giving me a headache. X_X

Yeah its annoying, alot of people are upset. I bought Pokemon X on the release date of October 12th and was finished Oct 19th. I think the shortest pokemon game since gen 1. So i waited a few weeks and bought Pokemon Y now i'm really looking forward to sending all my pokemon from White 2 to this gen and completing my goal of having a "living dex" stored in National Pokedex order on Pokemon Banks cloud Storage to have them ready for Future Gen 6 games and Gen 7. I'm upset but its no reason to go trolling all over the internet, spamming facebook, twitter, message boards, and forums. Nintendo did make 1 major mistake in releasing the App on Christmas i bet thats a mistake they won't make again lol. But it will be out soon ^_^ and hopefully no issues this time.

Whoa, I heard that Masuda had to quit twitter for a while because of all the abuse he was getting over Pokemon Bank. That's messed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom