• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Battle & Get

Badal

What the deuce?
Reaction score
1Up.com said:
In the grand tradition of such games as Mario Teaches Typing, Nintendo will soon be releasing a Pokemon typing game for the Nintendo DS.

Battle & Get! Pokemon Typing DS is a "typing action" game that will come bundled with a wireless keyboard. From the looks of it, it will also be possible to use the touchscreen, which will prepare children for the day when they begin speed texting (if they're aren't already).

As in other typing games, players will complete a course by typing in various words. Being Pokemon, it looks like battling fits in as well, though not necessarily against other players.

Battle & Get! Pokemon Typing DS will be out in 2011.

Are you excited? I'm interested in it, I hope its compatible with other DS games and I will probably get it when it does come out. Its an interesting idea!

I don't think that I'm very excited for a typing game. I already can type quickly.

I don't think that I'm very excited for a typing game. I already can type quickly.

I don't think the aim is to type quickly.. It probably is like, where you have to type stuff to catch a Pokémon and not just typing randomly. I find this idea pretty interesting, as finally most of us will get to put our typing skills to some use :expect:

I don't think the aim is to type quickly.. It probably is like, where you have to type stuff to catch a Pokémon and not just typing randomly. I find this idea pretty interesting, as finally most of us will get to put our typing skills to some use :expect:

I've never heard of a game where you type for games. All were for learning.

It's marketed as a teaching tool, its meant to teach.

I don't particularly like the idea that the first Pokemon game to touch the 3DS is this one. They could have made this for the DS :/

Thats just what one source says, I'm pretty sure Nintendo wouldn't miss up on an opportunity to make a game appealing to many different kinds of people

Green said:
I've never heard of a game where you type for games. All were for learning.

So you've never heard of Typing of the Dead and its sequels?

Outrage said:
I don't particularly like the idea that the first Pokemon game to touch the 3DS is this one. They could have made this for the DS :/

It is being made for the DS. What gives you the impression that this is going to be a 3DS game?

To be honest, I highly doubt this will make it outside of Japan. The only use for Western fans that I can see, is that it will could be useful for learning the romanisations of the Pokémon's Japanese names, so that we can communicate better with Japanese fans. I remember when Pokémon Sunday featured World's 2010, whenever a foreign person said a Pokémon's name, the official artwork of that Pokémon appeared in the corner of the screen, so the Japanese viewers knew what Pokémon was being referred to.

Once you have basic knowledge of Japanese, you can read romanisations though, and they are easily available on the internet (I was going to say "But these are the official romanisations" but wasn't Zorua referred to as 'Zorua' in CoroCoro, but 'Zoroa' in this game?).

I'm not excited. It's a typing game. Plus that wireless keyboard already sounds like a bother :/

I'm kind of excited, but I would just like to know exactly what happens to the Pokémon you 'catch'.
Meaning are they able to be transfered to the main games, or do you keep them and train them in that one particular game?

(I was going to say "But these are the official romanisations" but wasn't Zorua referred to as 'Zorua' in CoroCoro, but 'Zoroa' in this game?).
I believe the game uses the English translations from the Japanese games, or maybe Zoroa was possibly an error?

Ryu Shoji said:
To be honest, I highly doubt this will make it outside of Japan. The only use for Western fans that I can see, is that it will could be useful for learning the romanisations of the Pokémon's Japanese names, so that we can communicate better with Japanese fans.

If this game was brought over to the U.S., they'd obviously change all the Japanese names to the English ones, like they do for every other game. Common sense.

Allen Walker said:
I'm kind of excited, but I would just like to know exactly what happens to the Pokémon you 'catch'.
Meaning are they able to be transfered to the main games, or do you keep them and train them in that one particular game?

It's highly doubtful these games will be able to communicate to the main series games in any way.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom