• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Best Wishes Series 2 Decolora Adventure! (April 25th)

Re: Pokémon Best Wishes Series 2 Dekoroa Adventure! (April 25th)

I think that the movie is supposed to take place before this saga. Ash's biography on the movie website says that he is traveling Unova, which would be inaccurate even if the Dekorora Islands were nearby. Besides, could you imagine New Tork City being on an obscure island?

Movie 15 didn't really tie into the beginning Season 2, as evidenced by the lack of old Pokémon and Dawn. Likewise, Movie 13 was not tied to the Sinnoh League.

Does seem like a boring thing to have after all the Plasma stuff ends. I hope this nonsense is another overly hyped short-lived thing and we can have some final challenge for Ash.
There won't be another saga, but this one could still accommodate a challenge for Ash.

There won't be another saga, but this one could still accommodate a challenge for Ash.

If that were the case, you'd expect it to be the first thing advertised. I doubt they're going to make-up anime exclusive Gyms or something.

Either way, they don't have time for another saga.

For all we know this island thing is just these 4 episodes. You know how BW overhypes its events.

So the anime is going back to the, "Season 2" title after Episode N ends?

Weird.

It's always been "Season 2: Episode N." This is just "Season 2: Da!"

It's a little strange to see this callback to the Orange Islands but a short filler arc in another region is what most of us were speculating would take place after the Isshu league before Episode N was revealed. Considering the scan mentions nothing of a league or any kind of associated challenge of Ash it's a little weird to see a strictly filler arc, particularly after one as plot-heavy as Episode N - and there's not much chance of another short arc as this will run until at least July. It'll be interesting to see this play out.

It looks like they're giving the excuse to throw a bunch of older characters and Pokemon in there (extra fanservice?) and call it an arc. I don't think this looks like another Orange Islands (which filled an entire dub season), but the concept is similar. Will there be space for a league or will they just wrap up Unova? (I hope they give closure for some characters.)

Not a Gen VI Pokemon in sight. I don't expect that'll last long.

I wonder what will drive Ash and the others to go to these islands in the first place, and whether it will be related to anything that happens in episode N. In all likelihood this will probably be another filler saga, but hopefully they'll use the time to tie up a few loose ends here and there. What they've revealed so far seems interesting enough, at least.

Last edited:

Better than another tournament that would lead to inevitable whining. Even though I'd be all up for a Senior Cup

This does give a rather Orange Islands kind of vibe to it, even though they don't mention a tournament. I kind of thought that traveling through some anime only area like this since there aren't many areas left from the games to explore. The Oshawott episode sounds kind of fun and seeing Jirachi getting an appearance in the anime is pretty cool. There could be a tournament involved, but not too likely given how it wasn't mentioned and they probably would have pointed that out to promote it. Since this goes on until July, I doubt that they would make another arc when they only have two to three months left, but whenever a tournament is thrown in there, they'll probably have Ash win it and still find some way to motivate him to travel to the sixth generation region.

This arc was only made to wait between the end of Episode N and the start of the XY saga.

-Before whining about a lack of goal from the scans, we don't know why Ash and co. is here for the first place. Wait some weeks to know more of it. I think that there will be a tournament or a mini-League. In that case, the saga would end in October as expected.

-@Winterdaze, new XY pokemon can appear if CoroCoro in the upcoming months, starts to reveal some pokemon.

Other things to note:
The episodes that they appear are because they "relevant" to he audience or they represents something important:
-5/16 and 5/30: First important episodes to the arc: Oshawott episode and a Rotom/Oak episode.
-6/27: This episode is listed because Jirachi is a "event legendary pokemon". This is huge for the writers to not sowcase it.
-July episode: This episode is promoted because if you read katakana, at least, you notice the words Eevee in the summary. And in July, there's the Eevee short.

The most important part of the arc here: The pokemon of the main cast of the movie can evolve if the writers want. The movie is located just after the Genesect episode, that airs in 13 days. We know that Snivy, Oshawott and Pignite won't evolve by where the movie takes place. And we know now that the movie don't take place in July.

The last question, why I don't post in Serebii first? Because I can't because I decided to make rules to a post in the XY pre-speculation thread. But mainly to the points gotten here because the Plasma vs Rocket discussion

So we are getting a repeat of the Orange Islands huh? Let's hope Ash's goal won't be exactly the same as the Orange Islands. It was fun once but doing the same thing twice seems boring.

Also let's hope TR will be the main villains again. By the looks of it, it seems like TR will only appear in filler episodes.

Orange Islands v.2? I'm up for it. It took them long enough to showcase poor Jirachi on TV, though. Sheesh!!

I'm not looking forward to TR appearing in every episode bungling stuff up like usual. Throw in some more antagonistic Pokemon please.

That shot of Nyasu dressed up like Mijumaru made me smile.

Honestly, that is probably the least exciting promotion for best wishes we've seen so far. They better give Ash something to do, and he isn't just island hopping for the hell of it.

Surely they'd promote that he is actually doing something? Wouldn't they? lol

Honestly, I'm just happy to have a nice light-hearted, what I assume to be, mini-arc for BW. What I'm looking forward to or want? Nothing overly extravagant in-particular, some good battles(Kibago pls), some good Pokemon appearances(Looking at you Zuruggu and Gamagaru), maybe seeing some older things appear(Hello, Tsutarja's old trainer.), and some entertaining episodes. The Jirachi and Rotom episodes look quite interesting to me for example, despite their "filler" outlook. No need for anything plot-heavy if people are just gonna throw fits about how it doesn't live up their expectations or something. Don't think Satoshi needs a motive to island hop either aside from this being the show and the writers being the writers and having Satoshi do it because he wants to help Okido-Hakase or something.

I guess every Island will be themed...at the very least, this provides for some fun little plots.

There were some island names revealed: Hotachi, Mutoro, Yashi, and Ookina. Hotachi is Scalchop. Mutoro is Rotom's Japanese name spelled backwards. Yashi may refer to palm tree, while Ookina simply means big. I don't think there would be theme in names. I can't find any meaning in Dekorora either (aside from resemblance to Colorado)...

Another title, as expected, giving BW 4 titles so far... Bummer...

Yet, it's cool!

Oshawott is either leaving or evolving
Ash is prolly going to catch a Sableye
We are getting Rotom, Jirachi and Eeveelutions episodes (Yay, Sylveon!)
New filler region!

Still, we should keep low for a while...

Yes, Let us not get this hyped up yet, I mean look at what happened when they release that N was coming and we got over hyped about it. Also, Is Charizard staying for this, Or is He leaving right after N, but I think he is here to stay.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom