• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Best Wishes Series 2 Decolora Adventure! (April 25th)

Re: Pokémon Best Wishes Series 2 Dekoroa Adventure! (April 25th)

While I'd be only too happy to see Team Rocket written out of the series at this point, I just don't think that's going to happen. Hayashibara Megumi, Miki Shinichirou, and Inuyama Inuko are long-time friends of the Pokémon anime family. While initially I suspected that Team Rocket's reduced appearances in Best Wishes might have been something that these three veteran voice actors were quite on board with -- Megumi turning 46 at the end of this month, Shinichirou turning 45 in just two days, and Inuko the oldest of them all having just turned 47, I figured that they might have wanted reduced schedules with TPC/ShoPro so that they could spend more time with their families. I mean, after all, they've been voicing Jessie, James, and Meowth for over fifteen years straight, and the demanding schedule of Pokémon hasn't exactly allowed them to take the sort of time off that most professionals can take every once in a while. But given their in-character diatribes on their Team Rocket-themed radio program, it seems quite apparent that none of the Rocket Trio's voice actors were happy with Team Rocket's reduced presence in the anime. So, given their current return to old form, there are at least these two possibilities:

1 - the possibility you're arguing for, which is that what we're seeing is simply one last broo hah hah for Team Rocket, one final celebration of everything they've been over the years, before we send them on their merry way to the land of retired characters

2 - the possibility that we've genuinely begun the regression back to Comic Relief Team Rocket, in part motivated by malcontent by the TR voice actors regarding their reduced presence in the series

Of the two, I know which theory I would bet on. And it's not yours. ^_^; As much as I would love it for you to be right. I mean, it's quite sad, but Team Rocket was like the 18-year old pet that needs to be put down because it's in such horrible shape as far back as Johto. While we had contests, I did appreciate that the writers had Jessie participate in them (and, by the end of Sinnoh, even make it seem like she had a serious shot of winning the entire thing were it not for Nozomi), it just wasn't enough. The bolus of serious the writers injected into their arms at the start of Best Wishes was much appreciated and much needed, but now that they're taking that back, just ... let them go. =\ For everyone's sake, please let them go. And spare us future filler and (worse yet) gym battle episodes which have Team Rocket painfully shoehorned into them the way that you shoehorned them in in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh. As for keeping Megumi, Shinichirou, and Inuko around, you can totally do that. I don't know much about Inuyama Inuko's work, but Hayashibara Megumi is a living legend in the world of anime voice acting, and Miki Shinichirou's repertoire is nothing to sneeze at either. You can easily recast these much-loved voice actors as new characters that are more relevant to both the plot of the sixth region as well as to our, the audience's, interests.

Last edited:

I think Episode N will be TR's last hurrah in that regard, but I could be proven wrong. That is not to say that I think it will be THE end, as nothing indicates that in the slightest. I suppose in that regard, they could still have TR do something here, but if it's anything important, I will be surprised. I would expect it to mean the PERMANENT end of TR, though, as these games have gone on long enough. They've practically almost played TR for the full scope of their capability as is. All that's left for them is to capture Pikachu, which they're pretty doggone close to doing. (note that I say this without knowing what the end of Episode N is looking like, so I don't know if the big confrontation will happen or what it's going to be like) While it would be better than a tournament, it feels like adding insult to injury. They would've already failed with TP, now you want to destroy them entirely? True, it would be the best time to do so, (or not, they would totally be expecting it if they're smart) but it would serve no other purpose, unless they really do want to continue using Iris and Cilan, which more than likely, Iris is done, and Cilan is admittedly going nowhere, and the writers apparently learn nothing from their mistakes. (or perhaps they're not being seen as mistakes) I REALLY don't want to see him dug into the ground like Brock was. I have no love for him, but no one deserves that at all. It's not a priority for them, so who knows. They would have to really REALLY want TR gone. Judging by everything that's been associated to them, I wager that TR is going nowhere anytime soon. The fandom likes them too much. Unless they want to do their radio show full time. They wouldn't be able to do that with TR gone, though. Then again, it's vaguely about them being TR to begin with, it's just a silly show, they don't really need to be in TR to do it, just to be the personalities everyone knows them as. It all depends on what they want to do. I think they will make better marketing by keeping TR in the show, though.

They're returning to Kanto for two reasons:

1. The finale for Giovanni and Team Rocket will take place in their home region so the writers can write them out.

2. Ash may be re-entering the Indigo league with all his older pokemon to finally win something in BW.

I truly must applaud the writers for bringing the show full circle like this.

I respond to you:
Part 1: I don't expect Team Rocket leaving the series after BW but I have to admit that TR's change could cause Team Rocket's leaving. But remember that's evidences of the contrary specially after Episode N start.

Part 2: Ash could do a PWT in Kanto, but I'm sure that he won't take part in the Champions League because there's no time and because Ash is going to be in the XY series. There's no reason to drop Ash and Pikachu after so many years.

They're returning to Kanto for two reasons:

1. The finale for Giovanni and Team Rocket will take place in their home region so the writers can write them out.

2. Ash may be re-entering the Indigo league with all his older pokemon to finally win something in BW.

I truly must applaud the writers for bringing the show full circle like this.

None of those were going to happen. We could get one or two episodes on pallet town before Best Wishes finally ends. The BW2: Da! will focus primarily on the Islands between Unova and Kanto and Ash's and Pikachu's adventures on those islands.

You know who could very well be participating in the battle frontier right now?
Probably not Paul, since he said that he would re-battle Brandon in Snowpoint.

I just watched his goodbye scene, and he didn't mention any location. Also, only his brother collected the badges before Brandon, so Paul would need to travel to Kanto and win Brandon's previous Frontier Brain in order to battle him anyway.
You need to re-watch it, then.

Bulbapedia said:
Ash asks if Paul is leaving already, which Paul confirms as there is no reason to stay. He will be heading back to Snowpoint City to request another battle with Brandon.

Brandon obviously doesn't need to collect Frontier symbols to battle Brandon. We saw proof of that.

Yo........I'm not like.........dead serious about this actually I am

I have a headcanon that he goes to Snowpoint to try to challenge Brandon again but he refuses since not that much time had passed since their last encounter and his first battle was just a freebie. He probably suggests going through the Kanto battle frontier to find out where his "true strength" lies and then he can come back.

I mean, come on, it's not fair that Paul can challenge him right away again haha nepotism perhaps???

Returning to Kanto to do Indigo league would be nice and all, but seriously... knowing the writers, they're returning to Kanto to go to Pallet Town. I was thinking that Ash would give Iris and Cilan a bit of a tour in Kanto, not too long because remember, the season is still called "Adventures in Unova".

I think Ash is just going home so he can say hi to his mom and go to the gen 6 region. But I'm harsh towards Best Wishes so I may be baised anywho I wonder how they are going to kick Iris and Cilan off the show in time for gen 6

This is what the website is translated to courtesy of Sushi of SPPF It's too early for April fools right?? :p

Return to Kanto! The long-awaited start of a new chapter!
Going back from the Unova region to the Kanto region, Ash and his friends have a great adventure on the Dekorola Archipelago! Getting chased by Beedrill, getting chased by gigantic Heatmor...
What?! Say goodbye to Oshawott?!
Also, everyone gets turned into a Beheeyem?! There's more! An encoutner with a mythical Pokémon?!
Could it be?! Iris and Ash break off their friendship?! And Team Rocket watches, smirking...?!
Laughs! Tears! Treasures?! They set off on their boat trip, visiting various islands!

Nothing really stands out besides the Kanto stuff. The Ash/Iris stuff seems like the obligatory Ash, and main girl get into a fight then become BFF's again at the end of the episode.

Last edited:

This is what the magazine scan is translated to courtesy of Sushi of SPPF It's too early for April fools right?? :p

Could it be?! Iris and Ash break off their friendship?! And Team Rocket watches, smirking...?!

Nothing really stands out besides the Kanto stuff. The Ash/Iris stuff seems like the obligatory Ash, and main girl get into a fight then become BFF's again at the end of the episode.

OMG DFKJKLDFJ N-NEGAISHIPPING!!!????? This is all I've ever asked for, thank you Pokemon writers for this obligatory Ash-fighting-with-the-main-girl-and-becoming-bffs-by-the-end-of-the-episode episode!!

I wish I cared about Oshawott possibly leaving but I'm pretty indifferent either way haha.

It would be more interesting if Ash actually did snap at Iris. I never understood why he just brushed off her insults whereas with Misty he got all hot-headed.

It would be more interesting if Ash actually did snap at Iris. I never understood why he just brushed off her insults whereas with Misty he got all hot-headed.

How do you know this won't be the episode where he finally snaps?? I mean, wouldn't that make it more interesting? I'm sure she'll eventually cross the line (probably about his irresponsibility or something towards his pokemon, which he would adamantly defend, I'm just saying).

The group going back to Kanto is interesting though. I wonder if Tracey will get a speaking role?

It'd be rly rly cool if the gang went to pallet before or after they went to dekoroa and met the prof. and tracey and other characters that might happen to be there.

I find it interesting that at the end of DP, Dawn wanted to go to Kanto and visit Pallet but was denied, but now they're making time for Iris/Cilan to visit Kanto.

It'd be rly rly cool if the gang went to pallet before or after they went to dekoroa and met the prof. and tracey and other characters that might happen to be there.

Misty vs Cilan in a fishing contest. DO IT WRITERS.

btw, here's where the info came from if anyone wanted to see some pictures and stuff.

ポケットモンスター ベストウイッシュ シーズン2 エピソードN:あにてれ:テレビ東京

So, this is basically killing time on Ash's routine trip back to Pallet Town before departing to a new region? I'm guessing there will be around an additional 15 episodes from what is announced (As that would take us to 10th October - it wouldn't surprise me if XY comes out on the 13th and the XY anime begins on the 17th). They could fit another tournament arc into there, but really, I hope that the writers give a finale to Georgia and Burgundy.

It does seem like Pokémon is going for a real nostalgia drive with the franchise recently, what with the PWT in Black 2/White 2 (the last sprite using games), the Kanto focus. It wouldn't surprise me if the last episode of Da! is the usual return to Pallet episode, where Misty and Brock meet Iris and Cilan to give the whole "This was the beginning and this is the end of an era" that I think the franchise is pushing at the moment. As for whether any of them will actually go on to the XY region with Ash, I doubt Iris will because the writers love to give us a new 10 year girl to get fanservice from because it's totally healthy[/i] things have kind of been set up with Drayden and her taking over the gym. Cilan though? Personally, I really like his character and would like to see him tagging along, but I'm not sure if another full season of Cilan will really dig his act into the ground.

I guess Ash will stay in Kanto, and Iris/Cilan will just leave via plane or w/e. Iris will most defiantly going back to Drayden. Cilan, I dunno.

It's weird that this is being called the start of yet another "new chapter".

Cool, we are getting something after Episode N. And it looks like Mijumaru might be leaving based on the title: Goodbye Mijumaru!? Path to becoming Scalchop King.

oh boy. Squirtle Mark 2 :(

First of all, I seriously doubt Misty/Brock would be re-appearing. If they wanted them to appear they would of in Charizard's return episode and lingered on for the next two.

Second of all, we would probably know that by now as character returns are always hyped up months in advance, just look at how long Dawn and Charizard's returns were made known before it happened, or even Mewtwo's in Movie 16. The scans just show filler adventures and Jirachi for god sakes, certainly human cast members are just as important.

I really do think the writers are going to use the time in Kanto to wrap up Giovanni and Team Rocket. Remember Jessie/James will follow Ash back to Kanto, the base of operations where Giovanni is. Its fitting for a finale.

First of all, I seriously doubt Misty/Brock would be re-appearing. If they wanted them to appear they would of in Charizard's return episode and lingered on for the next two.
Except why would they just go all the way to Unova? They'd have to get a plane to get there.

Second of all, we would probably know that by now as character returns are always hyped up months in advance, just look at how long Dawn and Charizard's returns were made known before it happened, or even Mewtwo's in Movie 16. The scans just show filler adventures and Jirachi for god sakes, certainly human cast members are just as important.
And we have a good 7 months before Ash is likely to land in Pallet Town for them to announce or promote it. Besides, we're not expecting them to reunite and travel with Ash again. What will probably happen is, when Ash returns to Pallet Town at the end of the series, Brock and Misty will appear for that single episode as part of the welcome back thing.

I really do think the writers are going to use the time in Kanto to wrap up Giovanni and Team Rocket. Remember Jessie/James will follow Ash back to Kanto, the base of operations where Giovanni is. Its fitting for a finale.
Like how they followed him back to Kanto for the Battle Frontier saga and had a finale there, right? Oh wait...they didn't have a finale.

Ash going back to Kanto is most likely going to be a single episode for the typical reunion in Pallet Town and then he's going to go off to the XY region. No reasonable time will likely be spent in Kanto. Dekoroa Adventure is them getting to Kanto. Simple as that.

Ash going back to Kanto is most likely going to be a single episode for the typical reunion in Pallet Town and then he's going to go off to the XY region. Simple as that.

Do you not see the difference here? When Ash returned to Kanto in the other sagas it was literally for one episode (or half an episode) in some cases before setting out again.

From the sounds of things he's going to be in Kanto for at least 7-8 episodes. 7-8 episodes aren't going to be spent in Pallet Town doing nothing.

I don't know if they could have fit Misty and Brock into Charizard's return. They were still in Unova and I don't think that there's anything in that region that could have attracted either of them to return for a few episodes. Plus, they clearly wanted to focus on just Charizard coming back, so I don't think that they would have thrown in his first traveling companions into the mix for those episodes.

The Fighting Misty said:

There's plenty of time before they could potentially meet up with Misty and Brock again, so I don't think that's a problem. If they go for just a Pallet Town reunion episode, then it probably won't be until one of the last few episodes of BW.

The Fighting Misty said:

I don't see how likely that is considering they already hyped up the end of Team Rocekt back in that Meloetta two-parter and that didn't lead to any finale. I doubt that going to Kanto would do anything and they'll probably want to keep the trio around for the next series too.

The Fighting Misty said:
Do you not see the difference here? When Ash returned to Kanto in the other sagas it was literally for one episode (or half an episode) in some cases before setting out again.

From the sounds of things he's going to be in Kanto for at least 7-8 episodes. 7-8 episodes aren't going to be spent in Pallet Town doing nothing.

It's possible that the stay in Kanto could be around for that long, especially if they do throw in a tournament for Ash to compete in, but it's also possible that this will just be the journey to Kanto for the next few months. They focused on the adventures traveling to Kanto, rather than arriving in Kanto for something, so it could be just for an episode or two before heading out to the new region.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom