• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Best Wishes Series 2 Decolora Adventure! (April 25th)

Re: Pokémon Best Wishes Series 2 Dekoroa Adventure! (April 25th)

Indeed. There was so much content in Black and White that really hadn't been given a proper airing in the anime. While I'm glad that they did at least give us a small Team Plasma arc, I'm disappointed that the World Tournament never got a proper showing. Especially when they're showing themselves willing right now to bring back old characters.

I just find it odd how out of character this makes Ash seem. In every other series he'd immediately be looking forward to the next challenge. However in Unova he didn't even try to battle Marlon or Drayden, even if it wasn't for a badge, he'd always test his skills against random Gym leaders. And now he's heading through an island with no goals in mind? I can't help but seem the writers forgot the competitive streak of Ash's character that went on up until the end of DP.

Either way, I sure hope this arc is actually interesting and not just a chunk of fillers to waste time till Gen 6.

Indeed. There was so much content in Black and White that really hadn't been given a proper airing in the anime. While I'm glad that they did at least give us a small Team Plasma arc, I'm disappointed that the World Tournament never got a proper showing. Especially when they're showing themselves willing right now to bring back old characters.

I just find it odd how out of character this makes Ash seem. In every other series he'd immediately be looking forward to the next challenge. However in Unova he didn't even try to battle Marlon or Drayden, even if it wasn't for a badge, he'd always test his skills against random Gym leaders. And now he's heading through an island with no goals in mind? I can't help but seem the writers forgot the competitive streak of Ash's character that went on up until the end of DP.

Either way, I sure hope this arc is actually interesting and not just a chunk of fillers to waste time till Gen 6.

I actually have to give you this one.

WTF are the writers thinking? Seeing Muk, Claire and possibly Butterfree is nice. But seriously, they couldn't throw in Cabartnet and Georgia or have Misty and Brock meet Iris and Cilan?

What a waste of an opportunity. It really would have came full circle if the cook and the female gym leaders met from then and now.

I don't get how: Tracey and Max(two non-battlers who were purely support system) and May and Dawn(two co-ordinators) can meet, but yet they won't have Misty and Iris and Cilan and Brock meet.

All this Kanto fanservice and failure of redux, you'd think they'd show us the parallel. Oh well.

I notice that many of the DA episodes aren't going to be fillers. The arc isn't filler (IS a filler saga because it isn't related to the games' main plots but that doesn't mean it's 100% filler).

This is the episodes who aren't filler and why.
Oshawott/Dewott episodes: Oshawott has real risk of leaving and we can get Oshawott's development.
Professor Oak episode: Oak is appearing in isshu in person and it will be the fiurst time that Iris (no, Iris doesn't meet Oak at the start) and Cilan meet Oak in person!!!!
Clair episode: A clear Iris' development episodes and Dragonite could leave with Clair.
Butterfree's episode: If it's Ash's Butterfree, it isn't filler.
Cilan's Tasting Time episode: It's where Purrloin's issues will be resolved. For this,is not filler.
Ash and Iris break up. It won't be filler because it's a relationship episode with possible character development.

I need more information to say that those episodes are fillers from the episodes:
Jirachi (plrobably the fact that it'a a event pokemon debut could be made non-filler from the start but it's debatable)
Eevee's episode: I don't consider filler if a Gen VI pokemon debuts here. The debut of the 1st pokemon of the generation isn't filler.
And I have still doubts with the Emolga -Team Rocket episode. I never cosnidered AG089 filler because Pikachu joining Team Rocket for an epsiode isn't filler for me.

For me, exist three types of episodes for this fillers status and I think that in general, many people consider filler a group of them.
One is the group that includes: Capture/Evolution/Release of pokemon, Gym Battles, Battle Tournaments, Pokemon League, Team Rocket's finales, Team plasma's climax, Iris' climax, Pokemon Contests, Grand Festivals, important battles between rivals andepisodes where a charcter join/re-join/leave/make a cameo; stuff that anyone didn't consider being filler because it's obvious.
But there's the character development episodes, rivals' appearances, Pokemon learning attacks, small battles, training, Team Rocket doing something unusual, games characters appear, secondary game promotion, appearance of the first new gen pokemon, etc. I don't consider this filler because they're advancing the plot. It's tru that if you miss the episodes you couldn't have big holes (unlike the former). The differences resides for example, when a episode is missed. The Fishing Episode (who I consider from this group) hasn't a noticeable abscene when iat first haven't aired unlike the Plasma Vs Rocket episodes where obviously was a big plot hole in them.
Episodes where really are fillers and have no real significance of the plot aparting of debuting a pokemon if that's the case.

I know that I'm a bit off-topic but I see that amny people call a episode filler without knowing when a episode is really filler.

I know that I'm a bit off-topic but I see that amny people call a episode filler without knowing when a episode is really filler.

That is true, but to be fair, most of the episodes do sound like they're filler based on the premise. That doesn't mean that they're all filler episodes since we haven't even seen any of them yet and they could provide character development. I kind of doubt that for a lot of them, but it's still entirely possible that they aren't filler episodes.

I really couldn't care less if they're mostly filler episodes or not, I hardly expect such a short arc made to fill the time until X & Y to be relevant to the bigger picture in the first place. They might tie up a few loose ends here and there, but I honestly have no objections to an arc based on random adventures. If anything, that plays to BW's strengths more than a quest-based arc, especially considering whatever happens here is unlikely to have any lasting importance.

I don't understand how a tail end of a saga can be based on mostly filler though. Straight up, that is B-O-R-I-N-G

It's not like Bianca, Georgia, and Burgundy weren't screwed over. It's not like Ash regressed or anything. It's not like Iris and Cilan need proper closure; let's just add a whole bunch of nonsense of filler with an occasional non-filler or 2 and call it a final saga for BW. Give me a break.

Generation 6 can't come any sooner on a serious note.

I don't understand how a tail end of a saga can be based on mostly filler though. Straight up, that is B-O-R-I-N-G

Thing is, these sound like fun, interesting, entertaining fillers and look like they'll be better than actual storylines we got during the actual Isshu Saga *coughJuniorCupcough*

It's not like Bianca, Georgia, and Burgundy weren't screwed over. It's not like Ash regressed or anything. It's not like Iris and Cilan need proper closure; let's just add a whole bunch of nonsense of filler with an occasional non-filler or 2 and call it a final saga for BW. Give me a break.

Agreed on the paragraph, but the producers just want to get BW over with and move on. In fact, I think they'd might agree with that last sentence...

Because Pokemon can't take a 6-months break. In Japan it's very rare that a long lasting series take a 6-month hiatus.

It's not like Bianca, Georgia, and Burgundy weren't screwed over.
I also think that those characters need closure (specially the latter two). I have a reason for it but it's speculation.
It's not like Ash regressed or anything.
Because the BEst Wishes games was a restart of the series. Also, rememeber that the audience are kids, not teens/adults.
It's not like Iris and Cilan need proper closure; let's just add a whole bunch of nonsense of filler with an occasional non-filler or 2 and call it a final saga for BW. Give me a break.
There's episodes like the Clair one and the Ash vs Iris episode with hints of her closure. Wait.

They probably will start sooner than usual to promote the games (and because the games are going to be released worldwide like we know).

I really don't know what we will get to see in this saga, but I think that we're aware that some titles of some episodes in the Unova saga have not treated in the anime, plot, like most of us could expect. I really doubt that Mijunaru will leave Ash.
In a description that I read , it says that , Ash and his friends are going from Unova to Kanto via the Dekoria islands. So the archipelago may be between Unova and Kanto. I really hope both three will return in Pallet Town and there meet Misty. I think it's enough with the flashbacks of hers and she can't be "ignored" this way. I think it's time to make her a little return.
As for the episodes I think that there won't be more than 20 episodes: from 25 April to May 9 I think the show will go on regularly, one week breek. May 16 to May 30 no breek. June 6 to July 4 still no breek. Then two week break. And then the show goes on regularly. Now August will have the final episodes of BWS2DA. And as this year for the first time the games will be releasd worldwide, as a promotion, I think that by September we will get the X and Y anime saga.

In a description that I read , it says that , Ash and his friends are going from Unova to Kanto via the Dekoria islands. So the archipelago may be between Unova and Kanto. I really hope both three will return in Pallet Town and there meet Misty. I think it's enough with the flashbacks of hers and she can't be "ignored" this way. I think it's time to make her a little return.

By the time he returns to Kanto there's only like 8 or 9 episodes left till the gen ends. Most likely the writers will use the remaining time to wrap up TR and some final tournament for Ash. I don't see them bothering with old characters. Also I don't think you understand that Misty/Brock were only shown because they were in Charizard's episodes, it has nothing to do with those two characters themselves.

By the time he returns to Kanto there's only like 8 or 9 episodes left till the gen ends. Most likely the writers will use the remaining time to wrap up TR and some final tournament for Ash. I don't see them bothering with old characters.
A combination of a Team Rocket finale and another tournament is definitely not the most likely scenario.

By the time he returns to Kanto there's only like 8 or 9 episodes left till the gen ends. Most likely the writers will use the remaining time to wrap up TR and some final tournament for Ash. I don't see them bothering with old characters. Also I don't think you understand that Misty/Brock were only shown because they were in Charizard's episodes, it has nothing to do with those two characters themselves.

I know that the flashback was because of Charizard, and that had nothing to do with Misty annd Brock, and this is why I want a return for old characters. Maybe if there will be a tournament involved I think that we may see an old cast return.

Out of all the things they can still do in Unova and can still make a story out of, they have to go to a made up island to buy time for Pokemon X and Y. Wow. Low.

... And what things would those be? They have a random smattering or landmarks to visit, none of them particularly significant, and handful of bosses who'd be irrelevant to the story as it is who'd have to be clumsily shoehorned in. Sure, they could spend the next six-seven months wringing the last lifeblood out of Unova, but it'd be disjointed and obviously scraping the bottom of the barrel for this region.

Out of all the things they can still do in Unova and can still make a story out of, they have to go to a made up island to buy time for Pokemon X and Y. Wow. Low.

Honestly, I don't think that they had much choice here. They've already covered the majority of significant areas in the Unova region and staying in Unova for another six months would have been stretching it at this point. Covering everything so fast really didn't help them in the long run and having a arc where they're just traveling to Unova does make think of how this series has been poorly planned out, but they really didn't have a lot of options to choose from.

Wow, another one of those island adventures. Let's see, the appearance of a legendary Pokemon, Jirachi, can't wait to see that episode...since Jirachi is one of the cutest legendary Pokemon I've seen. Ash and Iris declaring that their friendship is over, yeah, yeah, yeah, heard the arguments a thousands times already...but its nothing new, Ash always argues with the female traveling companion. Lastly, Oshawott leaving to become a Scalchop king...that's a big no-no. Oshawott wouldn't leave Ash after leaving Prof. Juniper's just to travel with him. I understand Oshawott evolving in the episode, but its probably just going to be an Oshawott version of the episode "Goodbye Pikachu." However, I wouldn't be so sad of Oshawott's departure if it was what the Sea Otter Pokemon wanted, besides, who would deny their Pokémon's wishes...Ash isn't the type of person to deny his Pokémon's wishes; that goes from the Pokemon he released and the ones he left to train. Truth be told, I'd miss Oshawott if he left...but seriously, that's all the anime show needed, a Pokemon version of Brock. Oh well, we'll see what happens in the actual show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfDmJ0KZt7c

Team_Rocket_Disguise_zpse3f1a6af.png

so Jame's chimeecho makes a return i cant wait to see what thats about

Are you being sarcastic? That's just a preview for an old episode that will be shown on the next Pokemon smash. The stuff at the beginning is from the upcoming arc. Not sure what episodes they might show clips from, probably just the first one.

so Jame's chimeecho makes a return i cant wait to see what thats about

Are you being sarcastic? That's just a preview for an old episode that will be shown on the next Pokemon smash. The stuff at the beginning is from the upcoming arc. Not sure what episodes they might show clips from, probably just the first one.

excuse me for not being Japanese and not understanding it

oh btw why would you post something that only show not even 5 seconds of da footage

You don't have to. I just assumed you knew what Pokemon Smash was about.

What's the problem? Footage is still footage. I'm just saying that it's a preview of the next Smash episode and they'll recreate some scenes from the upcoming Decolora episodes, but I'm not sure what footage the episodes are from, I assume the first one, but still.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom