• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Biology Theories

Sabyle may use diffrent types of energy, water pokemon may turn O2 and Hidrogen in to H2O, fire pokemon may use methane or.... Who knows?!
Well it would be cool to have an explanation, but then again none of this exists, soooo.... yeah.

alright been a while since I posted something.

For pokemon that are said to have long lifespans, like Ninetails, what would be necessary for that to happen, besides excercise and a healthy diet?

alright been a while since I posted something.

For pokemon that are said to have long lifespans, like Ninetails, what would be necessary for that to happen, besides excercise and a healthy diet?

High fidelity in DNA and cellular replication, extensive and efficient DNA repair enzymes, as well as protection against oxidative damage from free radicals, especially reactive oxygen species.

That is, if you think the DNA damage theory of aging has any merit.

-Beil

shoyro said:

Fore something like Ninetales, yes I believe that it could depend on, as Beil stated, about the DNA repair enzymes and the protection against the atmosphere.
It could also be that, on a spiritual level they are destined to have long lives, irrespective of how their corporeal bodies deal with it.
Although animals in our world have been said to live for a long time, some tortoises can live up to 188 years old, and such is the case for the tortoise Tu'i Malila.
So it may just be that the general lifespan of a Nintales is about 1000 years old or some over-rediculous figure to us, but perhaps not in the world of Pokemon.
However, considering how long mythic dragons live, how should we explain cases such as Salamence. I would say about the same age as would be given to a Tyrannosaurus Rex, or something along those lines.
Another point, how would an explaination come about for legendaries, apart from the ones that we know aren't constant, like Rayquaza, Kyogre, Groudon, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, and above all Arceus. (We know that there may be many Celebi, Deoxys, Jirachi, also Birds, and we know that Latias and Latios had a father.) However I'm not sure on the legendary beasts.
So age is really a difficult thing to keep track of especially in the world of Pokemon, because it seems as though there are inconstant Pokemon that we know reproduce or that there has been more than one of and ones that can't, but we'll never know for sure, whether or not there is even more than one of the Pokemon we think we're sure of.

Anyway...

@Mokoko Not sure what you mean by rayquaza and arceus etc. being "constant". There is also manaphy, who when reproduced, produces only phione... Not sure where that came from either... 0.o

@Mokoko Not sure what you mean by rayquaza and arceus etc. being "constant". There is also manaphy, who when reproduced, produces only phione... Not sure where that came from either... 0.o

Sorry, what I was getting at, the ones that are constant, like the ones that we probably know that there is only one of. That it would be difficult to determine their age.
I was also thinking that there may be more that one of the constants, belonging to different universes, kinda like how comics and mange books have different universes, for instance the Superman series, there are many different versions of the story, one where he is a Soviet here, one where both his parents are still alive, one where it is just his mother.
Thinking on that there may even be more than one Arceus, and depending on when their universe's time-line began it is almost too difficult to even imagine their ages.

Re: Pokémon biology

u no the thing on charmander/chimchar's tail? take power for example. i think that charmanders in thier egg have no flame to begin with, but then in the egg they produce a flammable chemical from a dent in the tip of their tail, then rubbing it against a rough shell surface, like a match. it is then born with a flame.

i think that pokemon can be aged by the way they grow. pokemon, like reptiles, never stop growing. i recon the pokedex sizes are the pokemon at halfway up to evolving. such as a 7 ft tall charizard must be at least 60-100 years old.

How could Sableye possibly gain nutrients from the crystals and gemstones it eats?
Sableye must have potent stomach acid to break up gemstones, minerals, and ores(chemically combined substances). If the acids are powerful enough, the elements that make up the stones could break apart. Chemically combined things cannot be split with force; a mixture of sulfur and iron shavings can be split with force (magnets), but if they are combined via heat they are a chemical solution. Chemical solutions must be split at the atom level. Therefor the stomach acids would have to burn away unwanted materials in the stones, splitting atoms apart. The remaining elements (carbon, iron, and others) would satisfy Sableye's nutritional needs. Also, the atom fission (breaking apart of atoms, I think) releases tremendous amounts of energy, so converting that energy into various forms would allow Sableye to use moves such a shadow ball, shadow claw, etc., and give it general energy to keep its body functioning.
Does that answer your question?

Last edited:
Just because Kabuto(ps) is aquatic doesn't prove anything...well actually it does but thats not what I was aiming at, but heck thats what the thread is about.

Kabuto and Kabutops are like Aquatic Anorith and Armaldo. They probably fed on;
Relicanth
Some form of Aquatic Cradily/Lileep.
Prehistoric Magikarp
the other things you mentioned. Probably EVERYTHING was preyed on by Aerodactyl and Aerodactyl had no natural predators at that time. Only stronger fliers like Charizard and Salamence could bring it down, and neither probably existend at that time, so Aerodactyl is set.
Others include the Tropius and Lapras families, Maybe Meganium. They were preyed on by Perhaps Rampardos and Armaldo, all depending if either/both are carnivores/omnivores. They pre-volotions were preyed on by everything else except the Cradily line and Omanyte. Omastar was probably at their rank.

So Cradily is screwed over as the bottom. Omanyte was at a similar but higher place than Cradily. Shieldon and Bastiodon represent Stegosaurs/Ankylosaurs. Kabuto, Anorith and Omastar represent Compsagnathus/Small carnivores. Crandidos represents Raptors and medium sized predators, Rampardos, Kabutops and Armaldo are larger predators and Aerodactyl is the king (but not Tyrannosaurus, who isn't really king anyway).

Snover and Abomansnow were probably like Cradily, but maybe better at defending themselves. Yanma and Yanmega are not Important whatsoever, parasites picking off others kills, although if you're thinking Meganeura (can't remember the spelling, the giant prehistoric Dragonfly), a fully grown prehistoric Yanmega could probably bring down anything other than Bastiodon below Cranidos ranking in the chain, including a young Cranidos itself. Tropius, Lapras and Meganium rank with Bastiodon as members of the large Herbivores club.

Can I also point out that perhaps not all of the fossil pokemon are Rock types by this point, as they haven't been fossilised. Not all but some.

i would like to point out that cranidos and rampardos are based on pachycephalosaurus, who were thought to have not eaten meat, also feraligatr and tyranitar would have been alive back then, since crocodiles were around, and do i have to even bother with the tyrannosaurus rex thing
also cradily is stated to be carnivorous, and with its massive defenses, and ok attacking stats i would say its pretty high up in the food chain, and would be ale to take out larger pokemon with ease

also with the water type pokemon my common theory is that they have to sacs for hydrogen and oxygen, these contain extremely compressed forms of the elements which allows them to create large amounts of water molecules through atom fusion in there bodies

How groudon Pokemon generates intense heat waves biologically please tell answer to this and not tell it is impossible,god

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom