• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 launch in North America: Dream Radar also available; Gene

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 launch in North America: Dream Radar also available; Genesect ...

North America sees the launch of Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 for the Nintendo DS today, with Australian and European releases to follow later this week on October 11 and 12 respectively.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 launch in North America: Dream Radar also available;

I hope I get to buy Black 2 at least soon. :D

Re: Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 launch in North America: Dream Radar also available;

Really hope I get the chance to buy White 2 later. Also, just caught Tornadus on Dream Radar. Bought it at midnight in the eShop. I admit, it isn't so bad. :D

Getting white 2 tomorrow...I WANT IT NOW.
And I can't get dream radar until I get my 3DS repaired....:(

Exciting. I look forward to it.

I've got to ask, (I've had some confusing and contradictory answers)
Are these games region-locked?
My DS is from North America, but I'm in Europe now. If I buy one of these when they come out on friday, will it work?
Thanks

@Bug Catcher Wade;: The DS is region-locked, yes. You'll have to buy a European DS to play a European copy of Black 2 or White 2.

I just bought Black 2 and the collector's edition B2W2 strategy guide today. :D

I'm going to get it. However, dream radar is out of the question since I don't have a 3DS. I'm sure it's awesome.

Exciting. I look forward to it.

I've got to ask, (I've had some confusing and contradictory answers)
Are these games region-locked?
My DS is from North America, but I'm in Europe now. If I buy one of these when they come out on friday, will it work?
Thanks

@Bug Catcher Wade;: The DS is region-locked, yes. You'll have to buy a European DS to play a European copy of Black 2 or White 2.

Correction they are only region locked if you are using a DSi, DSi XL or 3DS or the 3DS XL if you are using the original DS or the DS lite there will work just fine as the reason for the region lock is apparently a firmware lock out that's only designed for the newer systems because of the shop channel.

Last edited:

Correction they are only region locked if you are using a DSi, DSi XL or 3DS or the 3DS XL if you are using and original DS or the DS lite there will work just fine as the reason for the region lock is apparently a firmware lock out that's only designed for the newer systems because of the shop channel.

Oh, really? I could've sworn that all DSs were region-locked. Oh well, oops. xP

Correction they are only region locked if you are using a DSi, DSi XL or 3DS or the 3DS XL if you are using and original DS or the DS lite there will work just fine as the reason for the region lock is apparently a firmware lock out that's only designed for the newer systems because of the shop channel.

Oh, really? I could've sworn that all DSs were region-locked. Oh well, oops. xP

Its a "new" common misconception about the entire DS line is region locked because of the DSi line however if you know your Nintendo history the DSi is the first Nintendo handheld EVER TO BE REGION LOCKED, Nintendo's home consoles on the other hand have always been region locked.

Its a "new" common misconception about the entire DS line is region locked because of the DSi line however if you know your Nintendo history the DSi is the first Nintendo handheld EVER TO BE REGION LOCKED, Nintendo's home consoles on the other hand have always been region locked.

Ah, I see. Thanks for explaining. xP

It's an idiotic move on Nintendo's part, to be honest. It cuts their sales at least a bit since people won't buy international DS lines because of the said misconception.
Anyway, I'm still waiting here in the EU. I can hardly wait. Also, I am so glad to see the English names of the characters. Nate and Rosa...so much better than Hilbert and Hilda.

I'm finishing off the story on my Spanish black that I bought on holiday for Masudaing in preparation for that shiny charm in B2W2. Muahaha...

Yeah. I only wish I'd known the girl character's name was Rosa BEFORE starting my game lol. So I could use it instead of my real name. It's definitely a much better name than mine.

Thanks, guys.

So the machine can tell the region of the cartridge, even though the cartridge itself isn't region locked?

I can play Black or White 2 from Europe on a North American DSlite, but not a North American 3DS? right?

Thanks.

Thanks, guys.

So the machine can tell the region of the cartridge, even though the cartridge itself isn't region locked?

I can play Black or White 2 from Europe on a North American DSlite, but not a North American 3DS? right?

Thanks.

I believe so, yeah.

I'm hoping to at least get Black2 soon. At least before the Genescet giveaway ends. If not, hopefully they do the event again. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom