• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Black and White 2 coming to North America and Europe this autumn: Nintendo of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Black and White 2 coming to North America and Europe this autumn: Nintend

And Australia for Q1 2013 hurr :B

Re: Pokémon Black and White 2 coming to North America and Europe this autumn: Nintend

This is good, now I won't have to wait as long to play it if I get it.

Re: Pokémon Black and White 2 coming to Europe "this autumn": Nintendo of Europe ...

This surprised me in a good way. I added six moths to the japanese release date so I wasn't getting mynhopes till Christmas or New Years. Now it's in autumn...Yeaaah! Something to celebrate my last/permanent summer holiday as I leave the last year of school~

Re: Pokémon Black and White 2 coming to Europe "this autumn": Nintendo of Europe ...

Oh, okay then. Yeah, I totally either expect it to be during November or early December, since otherwise it wouldn't make sense. September, we might get the spinoff.

I'm gonna bet November will be the latest this will come out. They specifically said fall/autumn so that could put it as early as september

No localization takes only three months. Remember, the original B/W was globally revealed and we didn't see it until the next year in English. We aren't going to get it that soon after the Japanese unless they are simultaneously developing the localization. (highly doubtful) We usually get it five to six months after the Japanese, so it has to be close to the end of the year. (Otherwise you can forget about seeing the crossover since B/W2 WILL overshadow it if they come out at the same time)

Last edited by a moderator:

No localization takes only three months. Remember, the original B/W was globally revealed and we didn't see it until the next year in English. We aren't going to get it that soon after the Japanese unless they are simultaneously developing the localization. (highly doubtful) We usually get it five to six months after the Japanese, so it has to be close to the end of the year. (Otherwise you can forget about seeing the crossover since B/W2 WILL overshadow it.)
They are most likely working on the localisation now. After all, quite a few games have been released in Europe a mere day after Japan recently and heck - Zelda: Skyward Sword came out in Europe and America BEFORE Japan.

No localization takes only three months. Remember, the original B/W was globally revealed and we didn't see it until the next year in English. We aren't going to get it that soon after the Japanese unless they are simultaneously developing the localization. (highly doubtful) We usually get it five to six months after the Japanese, so it has to be close to the end of the year. (Otherwise you can forget about seeing the crossover since B/W2 WILL overshadow it.)
They are most likely working on the localisation now. After all, quite a few games have been released in Europe a mere day after Japan recently and heck - Zelda: Skyward Sword came out in Europe and America BEFORE Japan.

If only this were the case. Europe is so used to being last I get kind of bitter and jealous. I remember the joy I felt when Europe got Black and White before the US. It was fitting especially as Europe had to wait for Platinum 2 extra months after the US got it. I would love for us to get something before Japan. Alas with Pokemon it is unlikely, anyone know why we got Skyward sword before them?

If only this were the case. Europe is so used to being last I get kind of bitter and jealous. I remember the joy I felt when Europe got Black and White before the US. It was fitting especially as Europe had to wait for Platinum 2 extra months after the US got it. I would love for us to get something before Japan. Alas with Pokemon it is unlikely, anyone know why we got Skyward sword before them?
No reason was stated as to why we got Skyward Before them (a whole 5 days before; America got it 3 days before). We just did. Lately, Europe has been getting almost every first party 2 days before America (Super Mario 3D Land is the only exception that comes to mind).

I think B/W2 will be out i September -crosses fingers- So it would only be a 3 month wait... hopefully this will be a common thing now instead of the 6 month wait

I think Pokemon Black Version 2 and Pokemon White Version 2 will be released before November. If it was going to be released in November, they would've said Holiday 2012 like with Pokepark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure.

No reason was stated as to why we got Skyward Before them (a whole 5 days before; America got it 3 days before). We just did. Lately, Europe has been getting almost every first party 2 days before America (Super Mario 3D Land is the only exception that comes to mind).

I always found it odd that Nintendo released in the USA first, when the EU is a bigger economy than the USA, and usually you target the biggest markets first. The reason I thought we were suddenly getting games around the same time as America instead of a 2 month wait, I thought to be linked to Pokemon Europe merging to become Pokemon International. But then that wouldn't have any effect on all those other games you mentioned where we seemingly beat the US.

I think Pokemon Black Version 2 and Pokemon White Version 2 will be released before November. If it was going to be released in November, they would've said Holiday 2012 like with Pokepark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure.
^I agree with this. They will probably be out in September.

I always found it odd that Nintendo released in the USA first, when the EU is a bigger economy than the USA, and usually you target the biggest markets first. The reason I thought we were suddenly getting games around the same time as America instead of a 2 month wait, I thought to be linked to Pokemon Europe merging to become Pokemon International. But then that wouldn't have any effect on all those other games you mentioned where we seemingly beat the US.

If I recall, with Black and White, TPCi wanted to release them on the same day. However, EU releases games like Pokemon on Friday, whereas NA releases them on Sunday. Hence, EU got them two days before NA. It would also seem that they are doing to same for all internationally released Japanese game, not just Pokemon. Though, it is strange than EU and NA got Skyward sword before Japan.

Well we know the games will be released on a Sunday. I looked at my calendar for September and looked at all the Sundays in September.
September 2nd 2012
September 9th 2012
September 16th 2012
September 23rd 2012
September 30th 2012
What if the games were released on September 2nd 2012?
It's exactly three months after the Japanese release, and it's the day before Labor Day which would be an extra day for the weekend.

Well we know the games will be released on a Sunday. I looked at my calendar for September and looked at all the Sundays in September.
September 2nd 2012
September 9th 2012
September 16th 2012
September 23rd 2012
September 30th 2012
It's exactly three months after the Japanese release, and it's the day before Labor Day which would be an extra day for the weekend.

There is no Japanese date yet. Whoever said it was 2nd June in Japan is silly. Besides, we could also see it on October or November.

As I said before...Here we go again with the crazy and my thoughts:

Nice news and forms("forme")but now I have to save $90 for this!!

My thoughts:The forms look really cool but....

I dont get that number "2" in the title...You just never see that in Pokemon titles other then PokePark...So I did some research on the subject when it comes to numbers in video game titles and I figured that the story might mostly make an advancement in time but when it comes to features...Sadly I dont think there will be much of improvement as usually titles that have numbers in them do like my favorite non-PKMN series,ill use these two as an example:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega_Man_Battle_Network_(video_game)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega_Man_Battle_Network_2

I remember that the two storys of these two games made progress but noticed that features mostly were unchanged...

....But hey!..The new forms are super COOL and I like that a Pokemon title other then Wii PKMN titles has a number in it!!!

YEAAAY!!!

Last edited:

September 2nd 2012
September 9th 2012
September 16th 2012
September 23rd 2012
September 30th 2012

I'm not sure about seasons in the US, but here Autumn doesn't officially start until the 21st of the month. So September 23rd is probably the earliest if US and EU are released at the same time, but who knows your Labour Day prediction may come true and you might get it a few weeks before us.

I think that the people who are confused and/or somewhat "angry"(if you want to call it that) about the short time in localisation need to realize this: the only major tweaks that they would be doing to these "sequels" is adding a few more locations and adding a new storyline. The rest of the stuff like the gyms, the locations that exist already, the Pokemon, and most of the characters have already been in place since they first started working on Black and White.

I also don't get why people are considering these as a 3rd version split into two. It's pretty obvious that there's certain parts in Black and White that you cannot combine for a 3rd version, and so the next best thing for them to do is make a sequel for each of the versions instead.

Whoa, such a short time! Better finish everything I need to do in Black before it comes out :p

I also don't get why people are considering these as a 3rd version split into two. It's pretty obvious that there's certain parts in Black and White that you cannot combine for a 3rd version, and so the next best thing for them to do is make a sequel for each of the versions instead.
I don't understand this mindset, although you're probably just quoting other people. "The next best thing?" Although we don't know anything substantial about the games yet, it is pretty much guaranteed that they will have more new content than a third version would, so where is the drawback?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom