• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Game Freak director Masuda make

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Game Freak director Masuda

Hah, this looks so awesome! 8D It doesn't matter if it's not on the 3DS, even if I know I'm getting one for my birthday. I so can't wait to learn more! Characters, especially player characters, are what I'm concerned about right now! Yee!

Piplup said:
Can people please stop this ridiculousness about the red and blue colors in BW2's logo? Just how desperate can people be?

Remember the HGSS speculation that went on before they were announced? "LOOK AT THE PARK BALLS IN DP THEY'RE GOLD SILVER AND BLUE IN THE MIDDLE" or "LOOK AT THE POKEBALL ON THE FLOOR OF THE POKEMON CENTER, GOLD AND SILVER!!!1!"

Guess what eventually came out? Exactly. If those people can make crazy "hints" out of things like that, why can't we do the same for possible future RSEmakes?

The keyword here is "POSSIBLE FUTURE RSEMAKES." People are making out the logos to mean that Hoenn will be involved in these games, or that these games will be half RSEmake-half BW. There are TONS of things in BW that hint to EVENTUAL Hoenn remakes, that's fine. It's when people see the logos and instead of thinking fire and lightning (Reshiram and Zekrom) they think HOENN IN THIS GAME that things get absurd.

Re: Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Game Freak director Masuda

Hah, this looks so awesome! 8D It doesn't matter if it's not on the 3DS, even if I know I'm getting one for my birthday. I so can't wait to learn more! Characters, especially player characters, are what I'm concerned about right now! Yee!

Piplup said:
Can people please stop this ridiculousness about the red and blue colors in BW2's logo? Just how desperate can people be?

Remember the HGSS speculation that went on before they were announced? "LOOK AT THE PARK BALLS IN DP THEY'RE GOLD SILVER AND BLUE IN THE MIDDLE" or "LOOK AT THE POKEBALL ON THE FLOOR OF THE POKEMON CENTER, GOLD AND SILVER!!!1!"

Guess what eventually came out? Exactly. If those people can make crazy "hints" out of things like that, why can't we do the same for possible future RSEmakes?

The keyword here is "POSSIBLE FUTURE RSEMAKES." People are making out the logos to mean that Hoenn will be involved in these games, or that these games will be half RSEmake-half BW. There are TONS of things in BW that hint to EVENTUAL Hoenn remakes, that's fine. It's when people see the logos and instead of thinking fire and lightning (Reshiram and Zekrom) they think HOENN IN THIS GAME that things get absurd.

I think the Red and Blue in the logos refer to Red and Blue the games (yes I know it was Green in Japan but they're thinking international.) Kanto has been in every generation so far, and what if this is one tradition Game Freak will actually stick to, it's the birthplace of Pokemon for godsake, and has a special place in the franchise. Also if Kanto is featured in BW, in can be a few years after Kanto in GSC so you get a NewNewKanto. This would also leave the door open for possible RSEmakes if Nintendo choose to go down that route.

It would be cool if there was a mode that instead of starting as a beginer you can import your team directly from BW and all trainer levels in game increase by 40 or 50 to reflect its not a brand new start, and any references to you being a newb etc could be a small change to being your experienced.

Personally i'm hoping for a Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles type situation. Only difference is I don't want the games to combine into a new game per say, just the option to maybe transfer date over from my White to White 2.

Why does everyone think Kanto has to be in every generation? They are breaking patterns, this id breaking their pattern they have had for a long time. Maybe they want to break the tradition of having Kanto in every generation as well.

Wow, two new versions instead of one. Nice job, Gamefreak, for doing something new. I'm looking forward to finding out more about these games.

I should really buy the other version (Black) of the current games to prepare for this.

Why does everyone think Kanto has to be in every generation? They are breaking patterns, this id breaking their pattern they have had for a long time. Maybe they want to break the tradition of having Kanto in every generation as well.

I don't see why we need to see another region at all. As you said, this is something completely new that's never been done before. Even Gold and Silver weren't like this. The fact they're calling the games Black and White 2 leads me to believe it'll be focused soley in the exact same region.

I don't see any reason for Kanto to be in this generation AT ALL

I think it was Joshawott who in the other thread pointed out its crazy to disregard all tradition.

What's clear is that Pokemon are indeed breaking down some old traditions, and possibly going to be setting up new ones. But certain symbols, that go across the whole franchise, not just game/anime related remain.

There are still 8 gyms. There's still Ash and Pikachu. What if there's still Kanto? (And Professor Oak) Kanto is not like other regions, its special, the birthplace of the whole franchise in every medium be it manga, anime, game, or tcg.

Combine that with the hints of another region / referenced to red and blue, I think Kanto is still on the cards despite all the shocks we been suffering lately.

Its fine to have hints and I agree not all patterns will be broken, I just dont think they need to add any second region at all whether Kanto or Hoenn. They could easily add subtle things like Professor Oak appearing, but keep in mind in the first B/W older Pokemon werent even available pre-National Dex. Im just speculating here. They can do whatever they choose, if they want to add Kanto they'll add it, the point im trying to make with this is things could be different with Gen 5 and these games and I think people shouldnt just expect things just because. People expected Gray, we got this instead.

They could easily add subtle things like Professor Oak appearing, but keep in mind in the first B/W older Pokemon werent even available pre-National Dex. Im just speculating here. They can do whatever they choose, if they want to add Kanto they'll add it, the point im trying to make with this is things could be different with Gen 5 and these games and I think people shouldnt just expect things just because. People expected Gray, we got this instead.

I still say Gabby and Ty should cover celebrities like Elesa and Alder, as well as the athletes in the region. Perfect interview opportunities

There are TONS of things in BW that hint to EVENTUAL Hoenn remakes, that's fine.

Wut? Where? You'd think it would be a bit more visible than at the moment.

Also, regarding Kanto, or another region, I think this sums it up:
The fact they're calling the games Black and White 2 leads me to believe it'll be focused soley in the exact same region.

That said, I wouldn't mind some new areas to explore, but hoping for an entire new region is not exactly what I'm seeing as realistic.

I just hope this is going to be A LOT different from Black & White, because I don't want to travel through the exact same Unova again.

Last edited:

Yes, no one has brought up compatiblity with B/W 1. I suppose since they are all DS games that they'd be compatible for trading/battling minus Black Kyurem/White Kyurem which are absent in B1/W1. You never know though.

It's possible those two will be tradeable to B/W. Diamond and Pearl accepted Rotom's forms perfectly when hacked into the Wi-Fi. Why? There were placeholders for more forms in the coding. Same basic principle here. Makes you wonder why GF didn't allow them to be traded to D/P though.

Here we go again with this being like Platinum...but wait!! I see a number!!! Yea!!!*Says the name likes he means it* Introducing not PKMN Grey Version but Pokemon Black Version 2 and Pokemon White Version 2!!!YEAAAAAA!!!!...[Why even use a number?]

Only that THIS speculation made much more sense because:
- The colors really DID represent GSC, what else could they be? nothing. While in this case, the colors really do represent Reshiram's fire and Zerkrom's electricity...
- GSC were in need of remakes (as I said before, only gens 1-2 really needed a remake, gen 3 and up are all good enough as they are)
- DPt really DID reference gen 2 a lot, similary (though maybe not as much) to how BW references gen 1 a lot (and NOT gen 3)
So no, it's not the same at all... also, most sane people probably found much better reasons to justify a need or "hints" to HGSS other than the one example you gave...
Seriously now - the BW2 logos are CLEARLY, OBVIOUSLY, UNDOUBTLY, are supposed to represent fire and electricity - nothing more, nothing less... and you all know this very well... to try to say it's represting RS is just... sick =\

Also the red and blue logos werent used in the original, why the sudden idea to say hey, lets add some red and blue to the logos???

Because the whole point of BW2's mascots, Black Kyurem and White Kyurem, is obviously their new and interesting type combination of fire/ice and electric/ice, so they made a cool logo based on that... (which is also why the red/blue colors look kind of ice-like, and certainly not "gem-like" as some desperately tried to claim just to somehow link it to RS)

Why do they then also mention in BW that N was seen flying to another region?

"Another region" =/= necessarily Hoenn
Also, if BW2 is a few years after the original BW, for all we know, N could've already returned to Unova
Also, while I do support the idea of seeing and learning more about N, he's still not 100% to appear even if it is a sequel

So again, in my opinion Kanto is more likely for a remake/revisit, simply because BW references it too much for it to not be the case
BUT - I don't try to force the idea or desperately "prove it" or find "hints" (well, partly because I'm not that excited of the idea, just something I feel might happen) and despite thinking this way, I also think that most likely - NO REMAKES, NO REVISIT, to any region/generation... at least for this BW2 game, what we should expect and discuss, is not all this unrelated Kanto/Hoenn things, but FUTURE UNOVA, the most logical option for this game... there's really no logical reason to randomly jump to conclusions about another region being included when we barely know anything about BW2 other than it being sort of improved/sequel version of BW...

So as I said before, I suggest ridiculous Kanto/Hoenn discussions stop (or at the very least, drop the logo colors thing, it drives me crazy how ridiculous it is that people seriously think this way...)
And instead - speculate about future Unova like I tried to do in a previous post here...

Last edited:

this was the most obvious move Game Freak could make. I've been saying it since day one. The parallels between this generation and generation one are significant, it was obvious that it would be a sequel, not a third game.

this was the most obvious move Game Freak could make. I've been saying it since day one. The parallels between this generation and generation one are significant, it was obvious that it would be a sequel, not a third game.

It's cool that it is in the same generation though...

That makes no sense. Yellow wasn't a sequel, it was a 3rd version. There are indeed some parallels between this generation and Gen 1 but there also doing stuff drastically different as well. If it was a parallel with Gen 1, then the sequels of Pokemon BW2 should have come in Gen 6, just as Pokemon 2, were renamed Gold and Silver and put in Gen 1.

I honestly thought there were way many more references/parallels to Gen IV and III than I.

I just hope these game won't need you to secretly speed run them like Black and White did if you wanted to have any use of your game exclusive desert civilization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom