• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Game Freak director Masuda make

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Game Freak director Masuda

Or maybe we will end up revisiting Kanto. I mean that region has appeared in every single generation. I'll rather have them expand on Unova though.

Considering that Kanto has became a massive base breaker I doubt they'll include Kanto... we have HG/SS for Kanto

You got that right...I bet we will see Oak like we did in Platinum. Maybe Red could come with Oak. Maybe the other champs can gather too, remember what Cynthia said about having a champion tournament?

Re: Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Game Freak director Masuda

It would be cool if the cartridges for Black 2 and White 2 have a lock on feature with Black 1 and White 1 respectively

It would be cool if the cartridges for Black 2 and White 2 have a lock on feature with Black 1 and White 1 respectively

Part of my theory. :D

That would be cool, maybe one can copy their BW team into B2W2 somehow.

I think maybe BW2 will occur in an unseen area of Unova. Hell, for all we know, it could be like with GSC where Johto is connected to Kanto. Unova could be this huge region of the Pokémon world and we've only seen a part of it yet. Look at it this way: Unova is based on the NYC region of the US, right? There's no doubting that the US is much larger than Japan, where the other regions were based on. Why couldn't Unova be bigger than other regions? I think the most likely place for the currently known area of Unova to be connected to the new area of Unova would be either to the west or to the northeast. Who knows, the next game could be based on Pennsylvania/New Jersey, or maybe New England, maybe even Canada. I think it's an interesting concept, if it's correct.

What if Unova is actually New York State, the part of Unova we've seen already is based solely on NYC but what if that's not the whole Unova region, what if Unova is based on NY.

Or maybe we will end up revisiting Kanto. I mean that region has appeared in every single generation. I'll rather have them expand on Unova though.

Considering that Kanto has became a massive base breaker I doubt they'll include Kanto... we have HG/SS for Kanto

What do you mean base breaker?

Kanto has appeared in every generation and while they are bulldozing tradition, certain tenants remain constant. We know that N has been spotted in another region, it is in all likelihood, that whether Unova is the main region in BW2 or not (I think it will be) It's likely we will have to visit another region. Now we can't visit a new region as that would require new Pokemon etc, something I don't think anyone predicts. So in all likelihood, it will be one we've previously visited. Johto and Sinnoh seem like non starters to me, as we just focused on them in Gen 4. Kanto while appearing wasn't a main focus.

So I believe we will either visit Hoenn or Kanto, but the thing is, we are due Hoenn remakes, now they could incorporate Hoenn into BW2 albeit with a different story and erase the need for remakes, or, they could go to Kanto, and have RSEmakes of Hoenn later on if they wanted, or not.

Also as many have pointed out, while being the same generation, there are many parallels between Gen1 and BW and Gen2 and BW2, Gen2 incorporated Kanto at the end, so why wouldn't BW2, as maybe a version of Kanto even further in the future than we saw in GSC.

As for those arguing there is no reason to bring back Kanto, there was no reason to do it in GSC. Not everything has to be done for a reason, and if you insist on a reason, I think a good old bit of nostalgia, and giving something to their old fans is reason enough.

I seriously doubt BW2 will have anything to do with Hoenn. They'll most likely be direct sequels, perhaps taking place a few months or even years after the events of BW. N will have returned, shenanigans will ensue...If anything, I think the RS remakes will be in the next generation, and to tie ends up in a way that would appease the fans, take place during the time gap between BW and BW2, so you can meet and battle N, or he could have a cameo in the remakes. In any case, the reason they remade games in the first place was because

a) those cartridges are largely unplayable, and
b) the DS was not compatible with them, even if they were in perfect working condition.

So, it's likely that RSE won't be remade until the first 3DS-only generation, when the original cartridges are rendered incompatible. (I know, I know, they don't exactly have any function with BW either, but at least anyone who still has a DS(lite) can still play them without their games being unsavable, and you CAN technically import Pokemon from RSE into BW, if you're patient enough to bring them to DPPt or HGSS and then transfer them to BW.)

Those are my two cents on these issues.

I think maybe BW2 will occur in an unseen area of Unova. Hell, for all we know, it could be like with GSC where Johto is connected to Kanto. Unova could be this huge region of the Pokémon world and we've only seen a part of it yet. Look at it this way: Unova is based on the NYC region of the US, right? There's no doubting that the US is much larger than Japan, where the other regions were based on. Why couldn't Unova be bigger than other regions? I think the most likely place for the currently known area of Unova to be connected to the new area of Unova would be either to the west or to the northeast. Who knows, the next game could be based on Pennsylvania/New Jersey, or maybe New England, maybe even Canada. I think it's an interesting concept, if it's correct.

What if Unova is actually New York State, the part of Unova we've seen already is based solely on NYC but what if that's not the whole Unova region, what if Unova is based on NY.

What do you mean base breaker?

Kanto has appeared in every generation and while they are bulldozing tradition, certain tenants remain constant. We know that N has been spotted in another region, it is in all likelihood, that whether Unova is the main region in BW2 or not (I think it will be) It's likely we will have to visit another region. Now we can't visit a new region as that would require new Pokemon etc, something I don't think anyone predicts. So in all likelihood, it will be one we've previously visited. Johto and Sinnoh seem like non starters to me, as we just focused on them in Gen 4. Kanto while appearing wasn't a main focus.

So I believe we will either visit Hoenn or Kanto, but the thing is, we are due Hoenn remakes, now they could incorporate Hoenn into BW2 albeit with a different story and erase the need for remakes, or, they could go to Kanto, and have RSEmakes of Hoenn later on if they wanted, or not.

Also as many have pointed out, while being the same generation, there are many parallels between Gen1 and BW and Gen2 and BW2, Gen2 incorporated Kanto at the end, so why wouldn't BW2, as maybe a version of Kanto even further in the future than we saw in GSC.

As for those arguing there is no reason to bring back Kanto, there was no reason to do it in GSC. Not everything has to be done for a reason, and if you insist on a reason, I think a good old bit of nostalgia, and giving something to their old fans is reason enough.

It's a base breaker since the majority of fans are sick of Kanto... We've played through it 4 times already... it's just been overdone to a degree that people are tired of it...

Holy crap, what the hell happened while I was gone camping over the weekend? @_@

Holy crap, what the hell happened while I was gone camping over the weekend? @_@

It would take us until June to explain... but in the meantime, use Bulbanews...

The Pokemon franchise was still young back then. GF likely wanted Kanto to act as a foundation for the next generation hence why G/S/C were sequels and relied heavily on the previous gen unlike the newer gens.

Its gotten to the point that it doesn't need Kanto as a foundation anymore, the franchise is more than capable of going on just fine without it. I am personal sick to death of Kanto, and Team Rocket as far as I'm concerned is dead and should stay dead. I don't hate Kanto though, if they want to make allusions to it, references or even ingame events that have to do with Kanto for the old school fans then thats just fine. But bringing back the entire region over and over again is tedious and imo unneeded and isn't wanted.

I'm shocked that no one has mentioned an area like the Sevii Islands, an area that GF originally did want in the very first games but couldn't manage it so it was cut. Since so many allusions are being drawn to the very first generation, then an area like that has a bigger chance of happening IMO than any thing else like a region.

I have decided that I do not want Hoenn or any past region (minus Unova of course) in BW2. I'd rather see a remake of Pokemon Emerald (no reason to do Ruby and Sapphire since that would mean we'd have 6 games, which I think is too many) to have a Hoenn with a lot of content than Unova plus a stripped down Hoenn.

Also, I'm perfectly fine with a much more expanded Unova with a lot of new locations or a new place (either a new "true" region with more gyms to beat or just a Sevii Isles style pseudo-region).

In fact, I think it would be the most epic if they do this:

Have a whole new place that is close by which would be the place N goes to after the events of BW1. But, instead of it being as large as a true region (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova) or as small as the Sevii Isles, make it be medium sized. Perhaps an archipelago like the Orange Islands with only 4 gyms and a small league

The gyms operate like normal gyms, but the league (because it is small) isn't the usual E4 and Champion league. Instead, it is just a champion. And, make the battle take place in a stadium with an audience (you would be able to hear cheering both (loudly) before and after the battle and (quietly, "in the background" if you will) during the battle.

As for plots, I honestly don't know.

I have decided that I do not want Hoenn or any past region (minus Unova of course) in BW2. I'd rather see a remake of Pokemon Emerald (no reason to do Ruby and Sapphire since that would mean we'd have 6 games, which I think is too many) to have a Hoenn with a lot of content than Unova plus a stripped down Hoenn.

Also, I'm perfectly fine with a much more expanded Unova with a lot of new locations or a new place (either a new "true" region with more gyms to beat or just a Sevii Isles style pseudo-region).

In fact, I think it would be the most epic if they do this:

Have a whole new place that is close by which would be the place N goes to after the events of BW1. But, instead of it being as large as a true region (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova) or as small as the Sevii Isles, make it be medium sized. Perhaps an archipelago like the Orange Islands with only 4 gyms and a small league

The gyms operate like normal gyms, but the league (because it is small) isn't the usual E4 and Champion league. Instead, it is just a champion. And, make the battle take place in a stadium with an audience (you would be able to hear cheering both (loudly) before and after the battle and (quietly, "in the background" if you will) during the battle.

As for plots, I honestly don't know.

Best part: The mystery of the item that is the reason you go to that region and the region after NEVER GETS SOLVED... sound familiar? :p

I know a lot of people are talking about Hoenn in this game......how would you be able to get there? You're on different continents.....

I know a lot of people are talking about Hoenn in this game......how would you be able to get there? You're on different continents.....

Well, it does seem silly to have an airport in a game if you're unable to use it.

I think that, if Hoenn were to be implemented, you'd get there by airplane. Maybe they'd put an airport in Mossdeep next to the space center or something.

Well, it does seem silly to have an airport in a game if you're unable to use it.

I think that, if Hoenn were to be implemented, you'd get there by airplane. Maybe they'd put an airport in Mossdeep next to the space center or something.

This is a fair point, as BW is set years after the events of all the previous gens, so an airport in Mossdeep or whatever could be a possibility, sorta like GSC where Cinnabar Island was gone.

One thing I would like to know is the typing of the formes. Could we see the first ever Electric/Ice and Fire/Ice? They got rid of the ghost part of Rotom, They could very well do the same to the Dragon part of the Taos.

I dont see Hoenn making a comeback, but an extended Unova like the Sevii Isles extended Kanto. Only not islands. I dunno. Two pics and a title isn't enough to go on, so I'll be eagerly watching Bulbanews and Serebii for more info when it comes

Definitely going to get Black 2. Just bad Game Freak can't keep up with technology. Why do they release the game to an old console?

*Points to Mistralton Airport* That might be a possible use for it. I know everyone says it's just a cargo airport, but the game designers could easily use that as transportation to another region, if there is one.

At the very least, I feel like we will possibly see more development in the Eastern part of Unova, since post-League it's kinda boring. Although, like everything else in my posts on this topic, I really have NO idea what might happen. I mean BW2 came right out of left-field for me.

*Points to Mistralton Airport* That might be a possible use for it. I know everyone says it's just a cargo airport, but the game designers could easily use that as transportation to another region, if there is one.

Or a new port in Castelia City.

I can see that coming into play, actually. Where would the port lead to? I'm still skeptical on "Hoenn is gonna be in the game looolz", so my bet is on some extra little place that's still in the Unova Region.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom