• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Game Freak director Masuda make

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Game Freak director Masuda

I love Zekrom, but Kyuzek is just... eh. They took out the most distinctive part of Zekrom's design - the Lugia-esque paws and replaced them with Druddigon arms, which (in this case at least) doesn't look very good. The only part I enjoy is his head, which looks totally BAMF. Reminds me a lot of this bad girl:

780273-rathian.gif

On the other hand, Kyuresh is sleek and beautiful, just like Reshiram. Kyurem parts have blended in nicely.

Overall, I'm happy with the new formes. I think I never have new Pokemon grow so fast on me :p

Attachments

• 780273-rathian.gif
    780273-rathian.gif
    68.3 KB · Views: 879
Re: Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Game Freak director Masuda

I'm probably way off with this, but since the Nintendo's Ambassador Program, I half expect RSE to be cleaned up (ie add wireless trade support, allow trade between cartridge games) and sold as dsiware or 3dsware (or next gen consoleware).
The GBA games that were made available as Ambassador titles were incapable of using their multiplayer functionalities.

I'm probably way off with this, but since the Nintendo's Ambassador Program, I half expect RSE to be cleaned up (ie add wireless trade support, allow trade between cartridge games) and sold as dsiware or 3dsware (or next gen consoleware).
The GBA games that were made available as Ambassador titles were incapable of using their multiplayer functionalities.

Right, I'm aware the GBA ambassador games don't have wireless support. I'm saying it shouldn't be that hard to update RSE so that they can. It would be an enhanced port. No doubt, it'll be a while before they do anything like that, but I can see them doing that eventually.

Just noticed that Kyuzek looks oddly similar to Venom Spiderman. Or maybe I'm just imaging things >.>

Anyway, the bare minimum they must include in these games:
- fix the disconnection issue on Random matchups
- enable auto-leveling in non-Flat battles just like in 4th generation
- extend post-game content, possibly via a sub-region like Sevii Islands. Battle Frontier is all fine and dandy but after playing Emerald, Platinum and HG/SS to death it kinda got old.... I'd rather have something new.
- making it possible to obtain Vth gen DW Pokemon somehow. I'd love them to be available in the wild, without that stupid Dream World gimmick, but it probably won't be happening any time soon...
- assuming this is indeed a sequel, and not a glorified third version split in two, I'd make sense to introduce new protagonists, since Hilbert and Hilda will no longer be newbie trainers they used to be

I mentioned this in another thread, what if the Sevii island's themselves were to return? That would techinically be a return to Kanto but not be the same old main land Kanto. Maybe they could add new areas and introduce those islands that were cut out during development of FrLG.
They could also add routes connecting Aville town with the rest of Unova, heck that could be the new Players town seeing how it lacks a pokemon center and is fairly small like Pallet, New Bark, Little Root, Twinleaf, and Nuvema towns.

The only part I enjoy is his head, which looks totally BAMF. Reminds me a lot of this bad girl:

The head part of Black Kyurem reminds me of the devil, especially the way its chin and horns are designed. Not that its a bad thing however... it is quite badass.

White Kyurem is like a Seraphim Angel, continuing from the angelic appearance of Reshiram.

They could also add routes connecting Aville town with the rest of Unova, heck that could be the new Players town seeing how it lacks a pokemon center and is fairly small like Pallet, New Bark, Little Root, Twinleaf, and Nuvema towns.

To be honest, that's not a bad idea and something that I could really see happening this time around. Aville Town almost seemed like a last-minute thing in BW; it could really do with some expansion this time around.

As long as we don't start out in the same town again, I'm happy.

I hope he returns. I'll like to battle him once more, hopefully this time with a stronger team. Maybe the region he went to is hinted at by what Pokemon are in his team rather than us going to it.

I think N and Ghetsis are both a must. The games will automatically lose points if they don't appear in my opinion anyways. And that's not a bad idea with the team thing.

It's hardly proof of remakes or a visit to Hoenn in BW2, but Hoenn does look like a massive yin and yang. That fits in quite well with the Gen V motif of black and white, and the Tao Pokemon.

I really do think its open to interpretation, because I can see why some might think that, but it reall doesn't look like one to me.

HGSS have shown us that GameFreak still don't know how to implement two regions into the same game while maintaining an interesting storyline and suitable difficulty curve throughout the both of them, so I have mixed feelings when it comes to Hoenn. From a logical standpoint I don't see any way that Hoenn would fit into BW2, nor any reason why it would make it in over the other regions--aside from the fact that it's the region we haven't been to the longest, and not including Hoenn in this game still leaves the possibility for a RS remake, whenever and whatever generation it may come out on.

While Unova can stand on its own, it was really linear the last time around; and it wasn't that big of a region, either. BW2 certainly leave the possibility open for an expansion on Unova; I just hope it's expanded in a way that doesn't feel awkward or tacked on.

Honestly, I would love to see Hoenn again, but without its own story, memorable characters, or a sufficient amount of sidequests and exploration to it, it'll end up just as barebones as Kanto was in GSC. As far as story goes (and if these are dedicated sequels and not revamps, then I expect story to play a substantial part in these games), I see absolutely no reason to return to Hoenn. As far as gameplay goes, I feel much the same.

I still want that airplane to be put to use, though. It felt like such a damn tease in BW.

Thats what it comes down to at the end of the day I think. GF's proven how they'll handle 2 regions in the past. People who want Hoen are expecting it to be as great and huge as it was the first time around, plus better. IF it appears it simply wouldn't happen like that, as the games are Black 2 and White 2. Unova's still gonna be the focus. Whatever version of Hoenn or Kanto that would appear would be bastardized and incomplete. Most I could see it being used for would be events, more pokemon for the National Dex and the E4. It also makes it completely illogical for them to then do Hoenn remakes I think.

Personally, i'm not that pissed about the airplane, because I went through the same thing back in Gen 3 with Hoenn's space center and wanting to go on a rocket to catch Jirachi and Deoxys lmfao

I mentioned this in another thread, what if the Sevii island's themselves were to return? That would techinically be a return to Kanto but not be the same old main land Kanto. Maybe they could add new areas and introduce those islands that were cut out during development of FrLG.

Unova's already been stated to be far away from the other regions, so I can't see it happening outside of some special doorway or warp that transports you there. I do see a Sevii Islands like area though.

N and Ghetsis are among the central characters in the story, how can they NOT appear?

Anyway, you know what I would like to also see? Triple/ Rotation trains on the Battle Subway!

Also like to point out that people need to stop thinking of this as 2 third versions, because that's not what this is. Unless they combine the stories of BW and then tweak some stuff around a little, this is a completely nw adventure. Almost like a GS set in the same gen as RBY.

This. I don't get why people are like "omg two third versions they are ripping us off". These are new games.

I know! Two new legendaries instead of one. I'm so happy! Way better than "grey". I honestly wasn't that pumped for a grey anyways. I'm sorry but whoever is against 2 are beyond me. I LOVE that Zekrom/Kyurem!!

TBH, I wouldn't care if any region is tacked onto the ending. Though might I remind you about this:

Kanto is connected to Johto through route Route 27.
Johto is connected to Sinnoh through the Sinjoh Ruins.
Kanto, Johto, and Sinnoh are basically connected to each other.

Hoenn is not connected to either of the other three regions...so...yeah...

Note that I'm NOT SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT HOENN IN B2W2. I'm just stating facts. I'm not trying to get sucked into this whole argument. Make sure you realize this.

Aren't the Sinjoh Ruins just a cultural exchange between the ancient peoples?

Leave Unova by itself unless the game writers decide to make a future region be nearby.

Im hoping we'll get our first glimpse at the game on the next Pokemon Smash like they did with HG/SS. Im sure we'll learn more about Kyurem's formes on Pokemon Smash though, since their names were meant to be revealed next week but Masuda revealed them early, so I think we'll hear something else about them. I know there is a movie announcement, which could just be on Meloetta but Im guessing we may see a new trailer possibly, with the new Kyurem Formes in it. The latest news about the movie will be on Oha Suta on March 1st, followed by Pokemon Smash.. so yeah, hopefully we see a trailer or something containing their formes.

Im sure we'll learn more about Kyurem's formes on Pokemon Smash though, since their names were meant to be revealed next week but Masuda revealed them early, so I think we'll hear something else about them.

I wonder if Black Kyurem and White Kyuren are really these Pokémon's names (Pokémon and not forms, because so far they were officially refered to as brand new Pokémon... so we can't be sure yet what exactly they are)
It makes no sense to make a big deal of it in Smash that they're not revealing their names, yet a hour later reveal it on twitter... so I guess there's a chance these aren't their names and that their real names will be revealed soon
Of course, I might be wrong, but in that case I have to wonder why they didn't just reveal the names on Smash already...

It makes no sense to make a big deal of it in Smash that they're not revealing their names, yet a hour later reveal it on twitter... so I guess there's a chance these aren't their names and that their real names will be revealed soon
Of course, I might be wrong, but in that case I have to wonder why they didn't just reveal the names on Smash already...
They've done this kind of thing before. There were numerous times when Pokémon Sunday made their viewers wait for information that had been previously revealed by CoroCoro and the official website.

Since "Black Kyurem" and "White Kyurem" were included in an official teaser released by TPCi, their names are set in stone.

They've done this kind of thing before. There were numerous times when Pokémon Sunday made their viewers wait for information already revealed by CoroCoro and the official website.

Since "Black Kyurem" and "White Kyurem" were included in an official teaser released by TPCi, their names are set in stone.

Oh, I forgot of the reveal on the English official site... it used Black/White Kyurem too? ok... then I guess these really are their names...
But they really should've at least waited for CoroCoro or at least wait a few days before announcing it on twitter... it just feels so... pointless... "not revealing their names!!!!11" *one hour passes and their names are revealed on twitter* wtf? XD
Anyway, what I'm most interested about Black/White Kyurem right now, is if they really are counted as new differnet Poké and if we might get a few more "fusions" like that...

But they really should've at least waited for CoroCoro or at least wait a few days before announcing it on twitter... it just feels so... pointless... "not revealing their names!!!!11" *one hour passes and their names are revealed on twitter* wtf? XD
I think that the pointless thing would have been to make us wait just for names. Hiding a Pokémon's artwork is one thing (which I'm glad they didn't do this time), but what's in a name?

and if we might get a few more "fusions" like that...
One can only hope we won't. Fusion might make sense when it comes to the Tao trio due to Reshiram and Zekrom's legend, but in any other case it would most likely seem very forced.

I didn't buy Black or White, waiting for Grey...
But now... Dependant on how similar the games are, (third version or new plot), I may either buy B&W AND B&W2, or just B&W2.

I think that the pointless thing would have been to make us wait just for names. Hiding a Pokémon's artwork is one thing (which I'm glad they didn't do this time), but what's in a name?

Then they really should've just said it on Smash... but whatever XD

One can only hope we won't. Fusion might make sense when it comes to the Tao trio due to Reshiram and Zekrom's legend, but in any other case it would most likely seem very forced.

I'm not one who liked the idea of fusions generally, but I think it might be an interesting way to give us a few more "new Pokémon" without actually doing a whole new gen... I think it might be ok as long as they just do it with a specific few Poké...

I'm not one who liked the idea of fusions generally, but I think it might be an interesting way to give us a few more "new Pokémon" without actually doing a whole new gen... I think it might be ok as long as they just do it with a specific few Poké...
It wouldn't be very different from what they did with Platinum's Formes, and some people thought they added too many Formes.

I think that the fusion would only work well with members of the Tao trio. So the obvious question is whether or not we'll see a fusion of all three members of the trio at once, or at least just of Reshiram and Zekrom together. I am not concerned by whether or not the fusions would be given unique Pokédex numbers, as it really is just semantics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom