• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Game Freak director Masuda make

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Game Freak director Masuda

It wouldn't be very different from what they did with Platinum's Formes, and some people thought they added too many Formes.

Well, I actually liked that... it's always nice to get some new Pokémon/forms while we're waiting for the next gen

I think that the fusion would only work well with members of the Tao trio. So the obvious question is whether or not we'll see a fusion of all three members of the trio at once, or at least just of Reshiram and Zekrom together.

Reshi and Zek supposedly splitted from one dragon long ago, right? In that case, I won't be that surprised if we really get a Reshi/Zek fusion presented as their original form before they splitted

Re: Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Game Freak director Masuda

How do we know its a fusion though? Sure it might looks like they fused, but in fact it could something crazy like the tao dragons returning back to the stones, only to have Kyurem suck em right out of em. It is an empty shell from what we can tell, so perhaps when it comes to filling that part where the soul goes, cause of its connection with the dragons it also got their appearance. Crazy, but it could work like that if they go by the dex entry.

How do we know its a fusion though? Sure it might looks like they fused, but in fact it could something crazy like the tao dragons returning back to the stones, only to have Kyurem suck em right out of em.

Reshiram/Zekrom are the Light/Dark stones, so it should be impossible for them to exist like that. The stones are simply their dormant state. I do think & agree though, that Kyurem holding a Light/Dark stone is likely the easiest way to go about changing its formes. It would still count as fusion, but in a different sense.

Perhaps something in the story causes N's Zekrom/Reshiram to revert into it's dormant state, and that spurs Kyurem into action by fusing with it.

Oh the stones them selves are the dragons? Always was confused on how that part worked. Well you said it better then me, the dragons revert back to the stones, Kyurem devours em or whatever, and bam we got ourselves some forms.

This talk about stones reminds me of the unused God Stone. I wonder if it would be implemented somehow inthe sequels? It looks like a combo of the Light/Dark stones, implying a method for obtaining the Original Dragon.

But such a scenario, going off our previous train of thought would imply that Kyurem is meant to hold it, and at this stage I really doubt that he has another forme. The placeholder data being one for one forme is likely correct as Black Kyurem should be exclusive to Black 2 while White Kyurem is exclusive to White 2. I wonder if it was a scrapped idea to have only one Kyurem forme in a traditional third version?

The 1 is a placeholder as you said, meaning it could have a form planned, or for all we know many. Pretty sure Deoxys only had 1 form in RS' as well if I remember the article correctly. As for the unused god stone, its probably gonna be how Kyurem's gonna be awakened. If it does end up in the Giant Chasm, and we just need the stones, I dunno if it would be good or too samey to the BW plot.

The placeholder data being one for one forme is likely correct as Black Kyurem should be exclusive to Black 2 while White Kyurem is exclusive to White 2. I wonder if it was a scrapped idea to have only one Kyurem forme in a traditional third version?
Both versions will most likely have the data for both Formes even if Black Kyurem is unobtainable in White 2 and vice-versa. The placeholder data only means that Kyurem was going to have at least one Forme; Rotom had the exact same placeholder in Diamond and Pearl, and yet it was given five Formes.

Mitchman said:
Pretty sure Deoxys only had 1 form in RS' as well if I remember the article correctly.
Deoxys didn't have any placeholder. Things worked differently then.

Replace Deoxys with Rotom and we're on the same page.

Replace Deoxys with Rotom and we're on the same page.
With Deoxys though, only one form was programmed per game (Normal is RS, Attack in FR, Defence is LG, Speed in E), whereas with Rotom, all the forms are available in one game (Pt).

What I meant is that if you put Rotom where I put Deoxys, you got me meaning that a Pokemon was programmed with a 1 form placeholder only to get a multitude later on.

Ummmmm.... Have you gone blind?! These games do not say at all ruby saphire emerald. The idea of the colors hinting to this is obserd. Blue is zekrom's secondary color, and red is reshiram's. And as to how the fusion with kyurem might be done: I would like to submit the idea of working fusion bolt and fusion flare into the process. It would make sense to me. (although someone will say it is called fusion xxxx because it powers up when under the influence of the other)

Is this Hoenn nonesense still going on? Mother of god.......

*face desk*

*face desk*

*face desk*

Wait, guys, Ijust had a revalation, the new games will be held at McDonalds sbecause the logo has red init and also because of Powerade, since it has both read and blue on it, jesus, why did i not see this before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom