• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Game Freak director Masuda make

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Game Freak director Masuda

Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon are the CHAMPIONS Oops , wrong franchise?

BUT YEAH
Fusion monsters?!?!?!!?!?!

Re: Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Game Freak director Masuda

I wonder if we'll see the complete Zekyuram in a flashback for this, showing the split. I really wanna see it, I've plans for that creature :3

I'm not going to give an opinion until I see actual screen shots, but I do like the patchwork look of the ZeK forms.

Seeing this hybrid pokemon makes me think that we might be able to cross breed other pokemons to make new creatures.

Wait why is the Zekrom-Kyurem hybrid on Black and the Reshiram-Kyurem hybrid on White?

It is important to note that Kyurem's forme in Black 2 represents Zekrom, the pokemon that N had caught in Black 1. Meanwhile, Kyurem's forme in White 2 represents Reshiram, which N had caught in White 1. N didn't release the dragon that he caught in the original Black and White games. Looker tells the player character that N has gone off to a "distant land with a Dragon-type pokemon." It is possible that Kyurem somehow absorbs N's dragon and changes into the forme that is the respective mascot of each game. That is, assuming that these games are indeed sequels and not just enhanced remakes (with the Kyurem formes replacing Kyurem's role in the original Black and White games and the plot overriding what N does after the end of the first two games).

Yes, I do remember N caught the opposite dragon to you and left with it to the mysterious "distant land." Seems kinda scary that Kyurem may eat his dragon, but then again, Kyurem is a scary guy (in a good way). Maybe N's menger sponge and key has something to do with this? :D

They've updated the US Pokémon site with this announcement. Does this mean that they'll be a simultaneous international release?

They've updated the US Pokémon site with this announcement. Does this mean that they'll be a simultaneous international release?

I've heard that from multiple places, but no where official. The US website says "coming soon" which leads you to believe its going to be sooner, because "soon" is not a year. We never know. We weren't expecting 2 games, so who knows what other surprises they have for us.

I came, I saw, and I just have mind blown into pieces!

The new formes: WHAAAAAAAAAAA????????!!!!!!!
They just reminded me of Venustoise from "Ghost of Madien's Peak."

So I guess the Pokemon Designer was right all along; there never will be a Gray version, so instead, we're getting possibly two direct sequels to BW.

It's kinda sad that it's already becoming a polarized game like the first games (just look at the comments): Pokemon Black And White 2 For Nintendo DS Announced For June | My Nintendo News

I just had a thought: these games need not be set in Unova, it could be in the "distant land" N flew off too. Though, as I think we'll be finding what legendary is supposed to be in Challenger's cave I doubt this.

Coming soon could mean anything. The Japanese site say June 2012, which could just be for the Japanese versions. With that in mind, it's most likely for the US/International versions to be released in early 2013. I would love for them to be released simultaneously but for the last games it took at least 6 months for the English games to be developed.

The names are Black Kyurem and White Kyurem.

Source: https://twitter.com/#!/Junichi_Masuda/status/173573680125841410

So does that mean they're just Kyurem forms or Reshiram and Zekrom fusions? That's the thing that confuses me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Has anyone noticed this?

The new Reshiram is now the mascot of White 2,
and the new Zekrom is not the mascot of Black 2.

Craaaaaazy.

Coming soon could mean anything. The Japanese site say June 2012, which could just be for the Japanese versions. With that in mind, it's most likely for the US/International versions to be released in early 2013. I would love for them to be released simultaneously but for the last games it took at least 6 months for the English games to be developed.

I DON'T WANT TO START REPEATING MYSELF AGAIN. Why would they wait 11-13 months when their last games came out 6 months after.

The US and even European(which is known for getting games last) sites have been updated with this new stuff and saying coming soon. They wouldn't make us wait 11 months for a game they've just announced so expect to see and English release around the same time, if not closer to the Japanese release then previously seen.

Nintendo, you marvelous money makers.

Genius! Everyone there is s goddamn genius.

Step 1 at becoming rich-
Make game with excellent story line and graphics

Step 2-
Announce a sequal before even a year had passed

Step 3-
Make Kyurem fuse with two already badass dragons so that you change from chicken dinosaur to holy freaking Deathosaurus Extremicus

Step 4-
Make not one, but two sequels and release it on a system more people can play it on

Step 5-
Roll in money when everyone buys it

Result?
I'm gonna have a new game soon, and Nintendo will have 50 bucks.

I DON'T WANT TO START REPEATING MYSELF AGAIN. Why would they wait 11-13 months when their last games came out 6 months after.
Good point plus since the DS is starting to become a dying system they'd probably want the games to be released as soon as possible in all countries just so they can retire the DS already and start developing 3DS games.

I'm not really gonna speculate anymore until more details are revealed.

The names are Black Kyurem and White Kyurem.

Source: https://twitter.com/#!/Junichi_Masuda/status/173573680125841410

So does that mean they're just Kyurem forms or Reshiram and Zekrom fusions? That's the thing that confuses me.

In his twitter post he says that their power is somehow connected to Reshiram and Zekrom... But that's all he stated.

Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2 | Video Games | Pokemon.com

The UK version is coming soon, this is the UK site. They wouldn't make the UK wait 11 months from telling us of these games and they're actual release. Nobunaga hasnt even been revealed over here yet. We could get BW2 before that hopefully.

Freaking amazing. The new Kyurem formes are almost exactly as I imagined them to be, but I did not see this coming at all. The short length of Pokemon Black & White's adventure left me wanting much more, and that's exactly what we've got. Are we going to find out what happened to N and Ghetsis? Where will the game take place? What new characters will we meet? Argh, I'm already so excited!

but as of right now, it is difficult to determine whether they are of Kyurem or Reshiram and Zekrom.

They're Kyurem formes. I thought that was pretty obvious. And besides, Masuda just confirmed it on Twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom