• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Game Freak director Masuda make

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Game Freak director Masuda

That was the idea behind two games at once way back when. You'd buy one, your friend would buy the other and you'd trade to get the version exclusives, you'd do something social with another gamer. This is no different.

Key words--way back when. That was the idea behind it until they started restricting certain legendaries to certain versions. Unless you ran into someone willing, due to whatever circumstance, to give up their prized legendary, you were better off buying both versions. And with the GTS and wireless trading rendering social interaction unnecessary, all these dual versions make me (and I'm sure, others) feel is that we're missing out on half the experience unless we buy the other version. It's clever marketing, sure, and it's ultimately our choice to choose whether or not to buy both versions, but nobody wants to feel that they invested in a $35-40 purchase but isn't getting the "full" experience.

That's my opinion on it, anyway.

On another note, first thing that popped into my head when I read about BW2 was Gold and Silver, and then Kanto, and then the airport in that one city. While a lot of us want RS remakes, I don't think anybody doesn't acknowledge that it *is* pretty soon for them, and Hoenn may very well appear in these games. It's a longshot, though.

Re: Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Game Freak director Masuda

just hope Unova is expanded, when you look at the subway map, there is places we can't go as of yet. I don't know if they're just there or if they are planned destinations in BW2. Also, i am glad they are on the ds :) Question though, i wonder if this has any connection why Pokepark 2 has a 2 in it, or is that just a coincidence?

just hope Unova is expanded, when you look at the subway map, there is places we can't go as of yet. I don't know if they're just there or if they are planned destinations in BW2. Also, i am glad they are on the ds :) Question though, i wonder if this has any connection why Pokepark 2 has a 2 in it, or is that just a coincidence?

...definitely "coincidence". BW2 has nothing to do with PokePark. Which is for the best.

Yea, i know. I think it's my excited little mind just over thinking things. If this indeed a direct squeal instead of a enhanced third version, i wonder how long it takes place after BW. But it's hard to tell because everyone knows that we start at the beginning in every game. If you guys know what I mean.

Not a Pokemon Gray version, but Black and White sequels?! What sorcery is this?! Sakurai, this is somehow YOUR doing!!

Anyhoot, I'm excited for this game. I'll likely be getting White 2. They might go so far as to allow you to link the sequel to the original so you can transfer some data to make the sequel more interesting, kinda like what the Golden Sun GBA games did. (yes I'm aware those two were originally gonna be one game)

I'm also hoping they update the TM list, and kyboosh some of the crap moves (like Rock Tomb and Stuggle Bug) for good stuff like Dark Pulse and Dragon Pulse, maybe even adding in the elemental punches.

Speaking of moves, maybe they can update the move compatibility so Samurott and Serperior can learn actual diversity. (seriously, I feel bad for Seperior, even Meganium in 2nd gen had better move choices. >_____>)

*crosses fingers for Pokémon BlackSapphire Version and Pokémon WhiteRuby Version*

I'm sure this has already been pointed out but Zekrom is on black and Reshiram is on white unlike the 1st 2 games.

I'm sure this has already been pointed out but Zekrom is on black and Reshiram is on white unlike the 1st 2 games.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I've heard members say that it may have something to do with how you will get Kyurem, and the other dragon is the one that N has (which is true, Zekrom is N's dragon in Black, and Reshiram for White).

I cannot believe I didn't hear about this till now (damn Skyrim) but... well, I don't have any real coherent thoughts. It's a shock to me. Still... Well... if we're going with sequels here then this is uncharted territory. I'm anxious to see what happens. Very anxious indeed.

I want gym leader rematches this time, GameFreak!

Black and White was a sub-reboot of the series, so why wouldn't they reference the first gen?

Where exactly did I say they shouldn't reference gen 1?...
I only said that they're clearly doing it - and that it's what made me believe in a Kanto remake/revisit over Hoenn one
Not that I understand why people randomly jumped to conclusions we're going to visit any older region in BW2 - I really think it'll be just Unova a few years after the original BW events...
It might be a sequel and a pair of games rather than the same old one "improved" version - but it's still kind of the "third version" of this gen... while it's certainly going to be much more than past "third version" games, I also doubt it's going to get so far away from BW's main things - like being in Unova, having Juniper as the professor and the Unova starters, etc... the basics of BW will probably stay for BW2

Just saiyan that those Gen 1 references are for the nostalgia freaks.

Anyone think the aesthetics for Mistralton and Opelucid will flip flop?

my, my, my. This IS a surprise. I never expected this. A direct sequel? Wow. The closest we've ever had to sequels were generation II. If they're set to be released in June, I can see these being released abroad not that much later. This is a very strange move on Game Freak's part, since I doubt anyone expected two games rather than the usual third version. Still, I am really looking forward to them
and to Keldeo and anyone else complaining that they released two in a time of austerity; parents will always buy games for their children. As for me, looks like I've got to get ready for two new games to buy myself as celebration for finishing school~
Wow I am so impressed by Game Freak. I really am. Nobody could have expected this, but hey - at least we got both a game and a new Kyurem. I wonder how Unova will change, and what the character and rival will be like? Will N be a champion or leader or will he just turn up out of nowhere on a Zekrom/Reshiram...

my, my, my. This IS a surprise. I never expected this. A direct sequel? Wow. The closest we've ever had to sequels were generation II. If they're set to be released in June, I can see these being released abroad not that much later. This is a very strange move on Game Freak's part, since I doubt anyone expected two games rather than the usual third version. Still, I am really looking forward to them
and to Keldeo and anyone else complaining that they released two in a time of austerity; parents will always buy games for their children.
Wow I am so impressed by Game Freak. I really am. Nobody could have expected this, but hey - at least we got both a game and a new Kyurem. I wonder how Unova will change, and what the character and rival will be like? Will N be a champion or leader or will he just turn up out of nowhere on a Zekrom/Reshiram...

If we're getting an actual sequel, I'm afraid for Hilbert and Hilda... sure, they got unusual names, but did we really have to be so harsh that we are getting a sequel rather than a third version, and thus possibly be replaced by new protagonists?

Well, there's not much to add that hasn't been said already, but I was also surprised about this unexpected announcement. Direct sequels are almost unheard of in the Pokemon franchise, so I'm glad GameFreak's decided to break some old traditions. Anyways, I can't wait to experience the same excitement that I felt in the weeks leading up to Pokemon Black & White, though I'm pretty sure it won't be as substantial; not as many new Pokemon nor areas to be revealed.

Guys, they've broke the pattern! How can we even speculate about the next games now? ;_;

Eh, I'm shocked. Incredibly happy about about the possibility of this being a sequel and the fact NO ONE PREDICTED THIS WOULD HAPPEN, though I find the two Kyurem a bit ugly. :/

Ah well, Pokémon is Pokémon! :DD

I really like that this gen has kinda been focusing on how to break the formula. I'm expecting something really different from the usual 'third version' of a generation.

Though I would still appreciate a new Pokemon Frontier.

and to Keldeo and anyone else complaining that they released two in a time of austerity; parents will always buy games for their children.

If we're getting an actual sequel, I'm afraid for Hilbert and Hilda... sure, they got unusual names, but did we really have to be so harsh that we are getting a sequel rather than a third version, and thus possibly be replaced by new protagonists?

True, and I quiote liked Toyu, but I would take new protagonists over a simple graphic redesign of Toyu and Hilda. They could even be referenced to, like how Red is referenced in Gen II (maybe even battled!).
Oh and if you're wondering, I keep saying Toyu because I'm trying to stay in-character for an RP where I play as him under his japanese name.

Eh, I'm shocked. Incredibly happy about about the possibility of this being a sequel and the fact NO ONE PREDICTED THIS WOULD HAPPEN,
I hate to gloat, but I did. When Mana Ibe denied the rumor about a third version for the 3DS, she wasn't lying, and I've always believed she was telling the truth. Admittedly, at first I thought the switch to sequels would be warranted by the transition to the 3DS, but a few months ago I changed my mind about the 3DS part and yet still maintained that the next Unova title should be a sequel. The fact that there are two versions is probably justified by the amount of new content.

Conclusion: The next time Mana Ibe tells us anything, trust her. Far too many people were all too eager to claim she was lying through her teeth as some sort of lame publicity stunt.

Eh, I'm shocked. Incredibly happy about about the possibility of this being a sequel and the fact NO ONE PREDICTED THIS WOULD HAPPEN,
I hate to gloat, but I did. When Mana Ibe denied the rumor about a third version for the 3DS, she wasn't lying, and I've always believed she was telling the truth. Admittedly, at first I thought the switch to sequels would be warranted by the transition to the 3DS, but a few months ago I changed my mind about the 3DS part and yet still maintained that the next Unova title should be a sequel. The fact that there are two versions is probably justified by the amount of new content.

Conclusion: The next time Mana Ibe tells us anything, trust her. Far too many people were all too eager to claim she was lying through her teeth as some sort of lame publicity stunt.
I remember that. Kudos to you then! :D

Inspite of myself, I'm excited. hopefully they will mysteriously conjure up a bigger battle subway and some move tutors. My gliscor needs Roost!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom