• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Game Freak director Masuda make

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Game Freak director Masuda

but as of right now, it is difficult to determine whether they are of Kyurem or Reshiram and Zekrom.

They're Kyurem formes. I thought that was pretty obvious. And besides, Masuda just confirmed it on Twitter.

But are they a forme Kyurem can take and just resemble Reshiram and Zekrom, or are they Reshiram and Zekrom merged with Kyurem?

Re: Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Games to be released this J

I find those formes interesting, they resemble a fusion or infection type of deal to me. Why the DS only? Well to be honest I am a little interested in that decision as well. I theorize that perhaps there would be a compatibility issue with connectivity between the current Black and White games, especially for trading back and forth. I don't know if that is the case or not but it's my only guess at the moment.

Re: Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Game Freak director Masuda

New protagonists and new starters? Direct continuation of the Black and White adventure with the same hero, and a different sort of beginning -- an already advanced trainer from the beginning? An alternative target for your journey?

This is so exciting.

The way he refereed to them in his Japanese tweet seem to indicate that they're totally separate Pokémon, rather than being forms of the one Pokémon, but we don't know this for certain at this stage. We have tweeted Masuda in both Japanese and English to ask the question, but who knows if he'll reply.

I would assume, for gameplay purposes, they are Kyurem formes.... but storywise there would be some kind of fusion thing going on.

I doubt new starters. I believe it will be Treecko Torchic and Mudkip, as I believe this region N was seen flying over is Hoenn, negating the need/desire for RSEmakes.

Or the could pull a XD/Colloseum style on us and have us start with a starter completely unrelated.
Zorua?

I would assume, for gameplay purposes, they are Kyurem formes.... but storywise there would be some kind of fusion thing going on.
I agree with this. It almost doesn't make sense for there to be two completely new Pokemon, especially after the Kyurem forme placeholders were discovered.

[...] but storywise there would be some kind of fusion thing going on.

Fusions in my Pokémon! Who would have though!
It doesn't occur to just me that a fusion of Zekrom, Reshiram and Kyurem might make the original dragon, does it?

@Archaic

They may be a fusion in which case they are technically a NEW Pokemon. Venustoise would not be considered a Blastoise forme, or a Venusaur forme.

Re: Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Games to be released this J

Might pre order the JP version if it looks good.....

[...] but storywise there would be some kind of fusion thing going on.

Fusions in my Pokémon! Who would have though!
It doesn't occur to just me that a fusion of Zekrom, Reshiram and Kyurem might make the original dragon, does it?

No it's not only you :)

I believe the original dragon split into 3. And you need all 3 to reunite.

If you take something and cut it into 3 equal pieces, you can't put the 2 end pieces together, hence no Reshiram/Zekrom merger, but you can join one of the end pieces with the piece in the middle (the new formes) and then add the 3rd to make the whole thing complete.

They've updated the US Pokémon site with this announcement. Does this mean that they'll be a simultaneous international release?

I've heard that from multiple places, but no where official. The US website says "coming soon" which leads you to believe its going to be sooner, because "soon" is not a year. We never know. We weren't expecting 2 games, so who knows what other surprises they have for us.
Considering how a lot of games have been released and will be released in Europe 1 day after Japan lately (Ocarina of Time 3D, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Mario Tennis Open), I wouldn't rule out the possibility.

I'm thinking it will be a continuation of Black and White, most likely new formes, cause of the placeholder data. They'll probably end up giving us Snivy, Oshawott, and Tepig as starters again but that would be awesome if we get Hoenn starters making RSE remakes almost void.

Whoa! This is awesome. Now I don't have to feel bored over playing pretty much the same game again with a few new features.
So, I guess everyone was wrong about Gray/Grey speculation, even though it seemed to be pretty obvious, huh?

New game YAY! New forms YAY! US announced YAY!

Not in 3D BOO!

US release date... waiting...

The way he refereed to them in his Japanese tweet seem to indicate that they're totally separate Pokémon, rather than being forms of the one Pokémon, but we don't know this for certain at this stage. We have tweeted Masuda in both Japanese and English to ask the question, but who knows if he'll reply.

Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2- Pokemon Smash 26/02/2012 - YouTube
The way they talk in this scene from Smash also seems to indicate they're two new Pokémon rather than forms of existing Pokémon... but it really makes more sense for them to be forms, especially since we already knew Kyurem is supposed to get a new form... though they just proved that everything is possible and we can't predict what they'll do... so maybe these really are two new Pokémon @_@
We'll have to wait until they'll officially explain it, which will probably take a while...
I'm still very excited of all this... it was really awesome to read this update on Serebii after a long time with no real interesting news (other than that nobunaga game that also seems good, but didn't excite me as much as this)

Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2- Pokemon Smash 26/02/2012 - YouTube
The way they talk in this scene from Smash also seems to indicate they're two new Pokémon rather than forms of existing Pokémon... but it really makes more sense for them to be forms, especially since we already knew Kyurem is supposed to get a new form... though they just proved that everything is possible and we can't predict what they'll do... so maybe these really are two new Pokémon @_@
We'll have to wait until they'll officially explain it, which will probably take a while...
I'm still very excited of all this... it was really awesome to read this update on Serebii after a long time with no real interesting news (other than that nobunaga game that also seems good, but didn't excite me as much as this)

The fact it refers to them as new Pokemon may indicate they are a fusion.
For example, you wouldn't call Venustoise a Blastoise forme or a Venusaur forme, its a fusion of the 2 to make something new.

Haha I love how one dude says "I thought it was Gray!"

Haha I love how one dude says "I thought it was Gray!"

LOL I liked that too XD they knew very well what we all expect and they broke all traiditions and expections everyone had... I'm really happy they're trying new ideas rather than sticking to the same old formula! hopefully they'll continue to be more "fresh" from now on instead of relying on the same thing again and again

And as for wether these are forms or new Poké... well, it can go either way now... we'll have to wait for confirmation
If they're really new Pokémon, then I wonder if this game might introduce more new fusion Pokémon... this could open the way for more fusions like this to come... which will be crazy @_@ but still interesting...

0.o wow....
How many ppl expected this?? None? really? ok...
I know I didn't predict 2 sequels... (but at least my, and almost everyone else's, theory on the new forms were correct)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom