• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Game Freak director Masuda make

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Game Freak director Masuda

I love how this franchise has been breaking traditions as of late.

Re: Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Game Freak director Masuda

Ahaha, I agree.
Spicing up the series is the smartest thing they could do at the moment.
2 SEQUELS? I'm quite surprised.
So many possibilities can come with this particular turn of events.
Who knows, we might even travel more.

If this does end up being a sequel to BW, then Nintendo are getting my hard earned money yet again. Damn you, Game Freak.

And then after this game comes out no one will know what game will come next...actually they'd just bitch about RS Remakes and Gen VI coming next.

Finally, a new game. I got kinda bored of B/W after beating the main story/catching every legendary in them. Anyway, this is really unexpected! If they do RSEmakes, then Gen V might be the first gen with 6 games. I love Kyurem's new forms too.
EDIT: Also seems the two Pokes are swapping games. I know which version I'll be getting.

This is fantastic news, even more so then Grey would have been.

Finally, a new game. I got kinda bored of B/W after beating the main story/catching every legendary in them. Anyway, this is really unexpected! If they do RSEmakes, then Gen V might be the first gen with 6 games. I love Kyurem's new forms too.
EDIT: Also seems the two Pokes are swapping games. I know which version I'll be getting.

They could just remake Emerald, keeping it at five main games the same as the previous two gens.

I am really happy. Cant wait to play this on my DS.

Or Generation V will end with Black 2 and White 2, with 2013 seeing the launch of Generation VI on the Nintendo 3DS; with Gen VI possibly containing RS remakes.
They could just remake Emerald, keeping it at five main games the same as the previous two gens.

Last edited:

I'm very happy about this! I was losing my interest in Pokémon, because the games were so short...but now, there's something to look forward to! The new formes/Pokémon still strike me as odd, however, I'm still hopeful I'll grow to like them. I have no idea of what to expect. After these mind-blowing news, I'm ready for everything, even a new region. Also, yay for it being on the DS! It's awesome, because I will be able to get the games without having to buy a 3DS, which would prove to be a difficult purchase for me.

I just hope, The Gym leader will have a full team this time !
There are chances, that a New Battle Frontier will be reveal this time !
I wonder if they gonna have Start Trainer this Time!
May be, Misty show up there as a former Gym leader and a new Start Trainer !
Can't wait to see Iris's full team !
IS ''N'' GONNA BE THERE ?

Ouwh! So the long disregarded "no third version" semi-official-statement turned out right. And I can't be happier! Now to see whether or not this story will span a new region, or expand on Unova, and possibly even feature a new player character, gyms, towns and mythology.

But weren't there only one slot for a Kyurem forme in the B/W codes?

Personally I'm not that big a fan of the new formes, but I'll guess I'll just reluctantly accept them like always. But am I the only one who noticed this?

brothers.png

We could be brothers!

As for a potential new region, Unova was based on the US, so a new region should be based on Europe. All Europe's monuments could make for interesting stuff in-game. Maybe each gym leader gets its own monument gym?

Ouwh! So the long disregarded "no third version" semi-official-statement turned out right. And I can't be happier! Now to see whether or not this story will span a new region, or expand on Unova, and possibly even feature a new player character, gyms, towns and mythology.

But weren't there only one slot for a Kyurem forme in the B/W codes?

There was, but as I recall, Rotom only had one slot as well.

Ah, finally done reading through this WHOLE thread. So what I'm gonna say looks like it has been said before.
Moving on.

That's it, I've made my decision, I'm get Pokemon Black 2 Version (my bro will get White 2 Version). I got White so I might as well go for Black.
I love the fact that this Gen's 3rd version is a sequel! What a shocker GF!

Not only that but making 2 3rd Versions AND making them sequels to get people to buy B/W! Talk about raking in the money!

images

To all of those who are like "NO WHY NO 3DS!!?"

The majority is the NDS(Lite), GF wouldn't make as much money if they released it on the 3DS.
And seeing how B/W were released on the NDS too it would make more sense to make their sequels on the same hand-held as well IMO.

Kyurem's forms.... Designs looks awesome to me. It does sound like Kyurem popped out of nowhere and fused/absorbed/ate N's Dragon the result being
a corrupted form! We now know what Kyurem looks like when "fusing" with Zek or Resh. But those forms are the result of the corpse fusing
with 1 half of the "original dragon". It would be exciting if they'll reveal that in this game, Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyurem will fuse together, the result
being the original Pokemon!

The fact that these 2 forms are considered separate Pokemon, I wonder if there will be more Pokemon that hasn't been revealed in Gen V.

I just hope that those forms are part Ice instead of being part Dragon. The obvious guess, Black Kyurem being Electric & Ice and White Kyurem being Fire and Ice. But if it's the same type as Zek and Resh then that's fine I guess.

Personally I'm not that big a fan of the new formes, but I'll guess I'll just reluctantly accept them like always. But am I the only one who noticed this?

brothers.png
We could be brothers!
My brother, showed it to me 2hr. before you made this post XD (-_-)

Now this whole talk about N going to a distant land. I hear a lot of Hoenn... Kanto too (though I highly doubt it's Kanto).
It would be awesome if it were Hoenn! Starting out as being in Hoenn then traveling to the Unova region or vice-verse.
But, to be honest. I think it would make more sense if the 'distant land' is Sinnoh.

If you go anywhere my bet is Sinnoh.
I agree (._.)/

Think about it, isn't Sinnoh adjacent to Unova? Cynthia and Looker appearing in B/W's Unova region, *hint*hint*. But if it is adjacent then it wouldn't be considered "distant", would it?

I hope it isn't Kanto -____________- As Blazaking Ex said, we have HG/SS for that.

But who knows!? We just might be in Unova but more of Unova will be revealed xD

If these games take place AFTER the events in B/W I wonder if we'll get new playable characters...
Maybe we won't play as Hilbert/Tōya and Hilda/Tōko but as new characters.... Or maybe we will and they'll just be returning to save the day (again).

And I hope that they'll reveal more of N's story and what happened to him~

Legendaries like Keldeo, Genesect, and Meloetta will be available for us to catch in these games (especially Zorua & Zoroark).
I just hope there won't be any Shiny blocks >__<"
Oh and crossing fingers for new Battle Frontier :3

Overall, so looking forward to these games. Just like everyone else is saying, it'll probably be released outside of Japan in December 9_9
But if it's released simultaneously/2-3 months then that would be epic!
On the bright side if it's on pre-order on amazon, then hopefully there will be discounts seeing how it'll be close to Christmas.
I hope there will be pre-order bonuses (figures FTW! \o/).

Can't wait for more info to be revealed :cool:

Last edited:

...Wow.
Well, I really wasn't expecting that. But they seem to do unexpected things on odd numbered generations.
I can't wait to find out more about them!

... Wow. *head explodes*

Now that that's over with, I have to say my surprise, like pretty much everyone else in this thread. Am I a bit annoyed it's not on the 3DS? Yeah, a bit. I was hoping to have a shiny new main-series game for my handheld, but whatever. I don't mind that much.

Other than that, everything I would speculate on (regions, what W- Kyurem and B- Kyurem do, ect.) has already been speculated on, so that's it, really.

I love it. GF just made me so happy and this is genius and totally unexpected. The two new forms look badass and I can see them being very successful games. I wonder if there are more new Pokemon to discover. I expect the games to be much longer and detailed than BW was. I can't wait for more info.

A continuation of Black and White's story? Sounds wonderful, I am hype for it.

First things first, I was expecting Alterenate Kyurem to kind of western dragon with a Yin & Yang theme, not something that looks like a last minute splice.
For the DS? Just the DS? No 3DS version of the game(s)?

Just saw the announcement on IGN. Wish it was on the 3DS, but I'll live. Don't wanna judge until we get some more information or pics, but man, the Kyurem forms look ugly.

I really hope this is a real continuation and sequel, not just a third version split into two. Yeah, the website advertises "a brand new adventure!" and all, but I won't hold my breath. Part of me wonders whether we'll see something besides Unova. Maybe they'll finally put that airplane to good use, huh?

ugh, i agree 100% :[ Perhaps it's just the shock, or maybe they/it are/is just that ugly :Y

I'm thinking it's the shock talking because when i saw them, i up and said to everyone in my household that i'm quitting pokemon. I'm still...in a bit of shock right now :|
The whole idea of it all is very exciting though! Perhaps we will be going to a new region? Or maybe it will be taking place in an expanded Unova/Isshu? Who the heck knows, all i know right now is that i feel like i need to lay down, but i can't stop reading and craving more information :V

Well, now I look pretty dumb for calling it "Grey Version", but I am soooo excited for this!!! Really, I want it to come out so I can see if more stuff about N is mentioned!!! I'm about to faint just thinking about more stuff with N!! N, N, N, N~~!!!

Remember what Gold and Silver were originally called? Pocket Monsters 2. I expect some tweaks to the name of these games before it's released, which will be by Christmas 2012 internationally.
Except that the games are due out in Japan this June - which is 4 months. The games themselves are most likely almost finalised; never mind the names. Gold and Silver were delayed for ages.

It will be Christmas 2012 internationally due to having to translate all the text.

i hope not :(
i don't think i can literally wait 10 months for this D:>

... I'm kind of stoked that it's coming out for the DS. I can't justify buying a 3DS for one game, but I want to buy B2W2 when it comes out.
Well I'm kind of pissed gf has to hold back because some are reluctant to upgrade. The 3DS is cheap now.

Hey, it's not worth it unless i can get me that purple 3DS :T

Yeah, I agree they're somewhat ugly looking
But to be honest, I think it's in a good way
They look kinda...disturbed, like Kyurem absorbed the Black/White stone (and doesn't it eat souls or something?)

Cause I've always sortof considered Kyurem to be the shell left by the original dragon when it split
At least, that's what I (and many others) think

And I'm glad they're for the DS, to be honest XD
Cause I don't have a 3DS (and I'm not the only one) nor have the money to buy one at the moment...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom